IGNORED

Auralic Vega DSD256 Firmware Update

He Hammer,

i asked them the same question and have an answer already:

"Yes, we are proceeding to DSD256 update at right moment. The VEGA unit with SW Version 2.0 can download the latest driver to enable this function right now. For the unit with previous software version, a firmware update is required and can be done in AURALiC factory or nearest service center. The update will be free and a small amount of shipping cost may be applied to the procedure.

We are currently working on the detail of update procedure at right moment and will have the detail by middle of June.

Xuanqian Wang | CEO & Designer | [email protected] "

maybe that is helpfull for you

tom

roon ROCK on a NUC Dawsoncanyon

ELAC DDP-2 as roon endpoint and Preamp (also for analog devices, TV, Omtec turntable amp for my Thorens TD2001)

XLR > ATC SCM45A pro

RME ADI 2 DAC Fs DAC/Pre with ADAM Artist5 at PC setup

Grado GH-1 Headphone

He Hammer,

i asked them the same question and have an answer already:

"Yes, we are proceeding to DSD256 update at right moment. The VEGA unit with SW Version 2.0 can download the latest driver to enable this function right now. For the unit with previous software version, a firmware update is required and can be done in AURALiC factory or nearest service center. The update will be free and a small amount of shipping cost may be applied to the procedure.

We are currently working on the detail of update procedure at right moment and will have the detail by middle of June.

Xuanqian Wang | CEO & Designer | [email protected] "

maybe that is helpfull for you

tom

Thanks for the information. If possible, would you mind sharing the details when you hear? I've still not heard from them and most likely, others are in the same boat! Hammer.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm sending mine out shortly.

Any J. River users, with upgraded or V2 Vega, please start testing JRMC21 4xDSD over DoP as it was just implemented.

Kudos to Matt and team for adding this right after I solely petitioned for it!

DSD 256

Windows 10 x64 (no major tweaks)>JRMC v20>Adnaco S3B (Anker battery)>PPA USB>Auralic Vega (XLR output)>Tortuga Audio LDR v2 (custopm LPSU)>Decware EL34 (VCAPS, bias and UFO tranny mod)>Zu Union Cubes (Juptier Cap mod) - Cabling: Lectraline speaker, Antipodes Komako, Decware, and Huffman ICs

• 2 months later...
I'm sending mine out shortly.

Any J. River users, with upgraded or V2 Vega, please start testing JRMC21 4xDSD over DoP as it was just implemented.

Kudos to Matt and team for adding this right after I solely petitioned for it!

DSD 256

Has anyone in the US had their Vega upgraded to DSD256? I registered for the upgrade, but haven't heard from Auralic since.

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

i asked my german dealer half a year ago.

He said, he has no informations yet.

I heard nothing since that.

ELAC DDP-2 as roon endpoint and Preamp (also for analog devices, TV, Omtec turntable amp for my Thorens TD2001)

XLR > ATC SCM45A pro

Grado GH-1 Headphone

• 1 month later...

nearly a year since first auralic promises for that FW update. they are good in making announcements!

XLR > ATC SCM45A pro

Grado GH-1 Headphone

• 2 weeks later...

They have completed the first upgrade round of 80 units in the US. They are putting the infrastructure in place to handle the rest without sending them off shore. Don't count on a free upgrade. There is not yet a definite date for this to happen.

Delays are at least due in part to the changeover of the North American distributor and the establishment of onshore servicing capabilities, which are in place now but not fully developed.

This information is direct from Auralic in China and the US via email and telephone conversations.

I've got mine back from Auralic, but out of the box it won't do DSD256 DoP with J. River like my iFi micro-iDSD. Strange...

DIGITAL: Windows 7 x64 JRMC19 >Adnaco S3B fiber over USB (battery power)> Auralic Vega > Tortuga LDR custom LPSU > Zu Union Cubes + Deep Hemp Sub

ANALOG: PTP Audio Solid 9 > Audiomods Series V > Audio Technica Art-7 MC > Allnic H1201 > Tortuga LDR > Zu Union Cubes + Deep Hemp Sub

ACCESSORIES: PlatterSpeed, BlackCat cables, Antipodes Cables, Huffman Cables, Feickert Protracter, OMA Graphite mat, JRemote

Thought there was mention here somewhere about needing the very latest JR to work with this upgrade.

I always have latest Stable release of JRMC installed. Currently, 21.037.

• oNQgjrAl.jpg

• XJtN6i2l.jpg

DIGITAL: Windows 7 x64 JRMC19 >Adnaco S3B fiber over USB (battery power)> Auralic Vega > Tortuga LDR custom LPSU > Zu Union Cubes + Deep Hemp Sub

ANALOG: PTP Audio Solid 9 > Audiomods Series V > Audio Technica Art-7 MC > Allnic H1201 > Tortuga LDR > Zu Union Cubes + Deep Hemp Sub

ACCESSORIES: PlatterSpeed, BlackCat cables, Antipodes Cables, Huffman Cables, Feickert Protracter, OMA Graphite mat, JRemote

Same exact settings play DSD256 on the ifi. Bummer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rebooted. Reinstalled newest driver. No luck. Very perplexing. It should do DSD256 with DoP no?

4a7ef318399f9858287858705f4af2a3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was the response I received to an enquiry to the Auralic distributor in Melbourne, Australia:

Thanks for the email,

The upgrade itself isn't quite available at this stage, but from the supplier it will need to be sent to China for the upgrade to be performed.

At this stage they haven't informed us we can start sending them back, but I would expect the process to take a couple of months if you were wanting to do so at this stage.

We unfortunately won't be able to perform the upgrade ourselves here like originally planned.

Check in again in a few months :)

I am at a loss to understand why the unit must be returned to China to perform a firmware upgrade and why even that process cannot be started for a "few months".

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I still can't get mine working after 3 months. Has the DSD256 update and JRMC plays 4XPCM2DSD native over USB to my iFi iDSD, but the Vega errors out.

I received a notice from Auralic and a form to fill out. Here's the full text:

Dear AURALiC Customer,

[if you do not decide to accept the VEGA DSD256 upgrade service anymore, please disregard this Email.]

According to our record, you have applied free VEGA DSD256 service through [email protected]. We deeply appreciate your patience with us so far and we would love to offer our best service for you.

Please fill in all the blanks in the attached table and email the finished document back to me within this email chain if you still want to accept the VEGA DSD256 upgrade. As long as we receive your table application, we will give you further instructions of shipping address. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me.

[important] Due to necessary hardware upgrade for DSD256 playback, please be informed that the VEGA upgrade will be processed in Mainland China. Both hardware and software upgrade will be free of charge.

*Important: Do NOT ship the VEGA remote or power cable back. Please use original package for the shipping.

Upgrade Option 1 (Default): Standard Upgrade Estimated fulfillment time will be 2 months after ship-out. Units have to be sent to our Deleware office.

*Upgrade Option 2: Express Upgrade Estimated fulfillment time will be 3-4 weeks after ship-out. Units will be collected directly by Mainland China Factory. An additional cost of $100 for UPS international shipping will be applied.

• 2 weeks later...