IGNORED

Equipment isolation and vibration damping.

Barry,

Thanks for sharing your knowledge so generously on here. I have been doing a little work over here with your ideas and will have something to report by the end of next week.

Following the advice of a local audiophile who has been using this principle for his source equipment - I will be using a glass sandwich design as the top plate instead of Al plates. I am getting 6mm glass glued to 4mm glass to start with. Choice of thickness is based on what is easily available here. The next iteration is to use a 3M "film" between the glass plates. This according to my friend provides for a very dead surface on which to place the equipment. The roller balls are going to be his design in the first test. I will be getting the hip joint designs machined next week.

Look forward to seeing the results from others on here.

Regards.

p.s. For those interested in more manageable tubes for the vertical isolation - we have a sport here in India called Tennikoit played much like Frisbee. Instead of a frisbee we use a 6" - 7" rubber tube called a tennikoit. Might just work with a strategic prick of a pin to deflate. Simple scotch tape can be used to reseal the puncture after getting the required tube compliance.

Google "tennikoit rings" for listings on Amazon India or Ebay India.

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

Barry,

Thanks for the information. On the glass - I plan to use the 6mm+4mm glass sandwich for my DAC. IF I do try something for speakers I might go for toughened glass 12mm thick each (12mm + 12mm sandwich) which would be about an inch.

I'm betting on the sandwich + film design to counter any flex.

Regards.

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

Just got my ball and cup isolation solution - the cup has a wall to restrain the ball.

The video below shows the balls oscillating nicely in the cup.

Note: This is not Barry's design but appears very similar conceptually.

Cup%20Design.jpg

Now to wait for my shelf design to arrive before testing it under my DAC.