IGNORED

REGEN 'green' - what will you now use it for ...?

So, when I get my 'amber', my newly naked 'green' needs to be re-assigned. But, to what? Lets have some advice, suggestions ... practical experiences ...

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

You could put a regen at both ends of USB lead now!

Will it give even more that is a question i'd like to see an answer to.

customer server+AudiophileOptimizer >>UltraRendu (SR4) >> Lush(JSSG360) >>> IsoRegen(SR4) >>> Lush^2 >>> blu2 >>Blaxius^2D >> Dave > HD800(SDRmod)

I want to try running the green directly into the amber. If it doesn't improve the amber I have no other use for it.

Bob

Mac Mini M1 12 volt dc > Roon > HQ Player to DSD 256 > Fibre to EtherRegen w/LPS1.2 and BG7TBL OCXO > Sonore microRendu v1.3 > IsoRegen > Denafrips Iris > i2s  > Denafrips Pontus II > Schiit Freya+ w/ Linlai E-6SN7's >  Nord One Up NCore 500 monoblocks REV D w/SI990Enh op amps > Martin Logan Impression 11A w/ dual Rythmik E15HP2 subs. Supra Cat8, JPS Labs Superconductor+ cables

BTW, anyone have any ideas for a case for the green?

Bob

Mac Mini M1 12 volt dc > Roon > HQ Player to DSD 256 > Fibre to EtherRegen w/LPS1.2 and BG7TBL OCXO > Sonore microRendu v1.3 > IsoRegen > Denafrips Iris > i2s  > Denafrips Pontus II > Schiit Freya+ w/ Linlai E-6SN7's >  Nord One Up NCore 500 monoblocks REV D w/SI990Enh op amps > Martin Logan Impression 11A w/ dual Rythmik E15HP2 subs. Supra Cat8, JPS Labs Superconductor+ cables

BTW, anyone have any ideas for a case for the green?

It was designed specifically to slide into the case that Alex is using so there are no mounting holes on the board, that might make it a little harder to put in a case. I'm sure someone can come up with some way to clamp it into place.

John S.

I want to try running the green directly into the amber. If it doesn't improve the amber I have no other use for it.

It would be interesting to try both at the DAC end and also one at the computer end and one at the DAC end. I haven't had time to try these configurations myself.

John S.

It would be interesting to try both at the DAC end and also one at the computer end and one at the DAC end. I haven't had time to try these configurations myself.

John S.

That's my plan. I expect my Amber next week. I will also listen to decide if I upgrade the Green to the Amber for either that purpose or my desktop/office system.

Jeeeez we sound like the baseball players doing steroids.... Did you use the clear or the cream? :-)

The people who had a Green and get an Amber may try that.

The more I see positive reviews, the more I think this should really be in the DACs in the place of their own USB receiver PHYs. I think I saw Alex mention that he had planned to do this but then this has gone to the back-burner.

If this goes on, you can expect manufacturers to start bugging/begging you guys to integrate the Regen in their designs :P

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

The people who had a Green and get an Amber may try that.

The more I see positive reviews, the more I think this should really be in the DACs in the place of their own USB receiver PHYs. I think I saw Alex mention that he had planned to do this but then this has gone to the back-burner.

If this goes on, you can expect manufacturers to start bugging/begging you guys to integrate the Regen in their designs :P

Yes . I'm planning on repurposing my green + Corning on my high powered HQPlayer machine to see how it compares with NAA.

Custom room treatments for headphone users.

John S.

John, I plan on trying both ways as you mentioned. But because the Regen Green is sans a case I am concerned whether there can be an issue with the bare PCB shorting. Any thoughts and suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated.

I plan on powering it with the included PS as I run my upgraded Regen Amber with the JS-2 PS.

Ambassador for Sound Galleries Monaco and Taiko Audio The Netherlands 

Sound Test USA

[email protected]

Sound Galleries SGM 2015 Music Server>ROON-all rates up-sampled to DSD512 by HQ Player>Sablon Reserva 2017 USB>T+A DAC 8 DSD>Merrill Audio Veritas Ncore NC1200 Mono Amps>B&W 802D>High Fidelity Cables Interconnect, Speaker & Power Cords for Amps & SGM & T+A>Power Conditioning High Fidelity MC-6 Hemisphere>T+A & Hemisphere supported by Stillpoints Ultra Mini - B&W 802D & Veritas supported by Stillpoints Ultra SS>All sitting on IKEA Aptitlig bamboo butcher blocks - Taiko Audio Setchi active grounding on SGM & T+A