IGNORED

No hi-res version of the Sticky Fingers reissue?

I have bought the last two Stones reissues in hi-res, Some Girls in 24/48 from HDtracks and Exile on Blu-ray audio. I haven't been able to find a high-res version of the new Sticky Fingers reissue, though. I do have a Japanese SHM-SACD from 2011, but I'm interested to hear the new mix.

Anyone know if there is a hi-res release coming or how this new mix compares to previous versions?

I have bought the last two Stones reissues in hi-res, Some Girls in 24/48 from HDtracks and Exile on Blu-ray audio. I haven't been able to find a high-res version of the new Sticky Fingers reissue, though. I do have a Japanese SHM-SACD from 2011, but I'm interested to hear the new mix.

Anyone know if there is a hi-res release coming or how this new mix compares to previous versions?

I downloaded a FLAC "preview" of the 2-disc Deluxe redbook CD set before buying (the 3-disc Super Deluxe set has additional live material). The original album has not been remixed. This reissue is taken from the compressed 2009 remaster. The bonus concert material was previously available only on Stones bootlegs.

All I will say is, if brickwalled DR 5-6 doesn't bother you, you will love it. I'm not buying. I've already deleted the bittorrent file from my computer. I don't know for certain, but I doubt that a hi-res download of this release will be any different.

I don't think there is any other hi-res you would want besides your SACD. I own it and it sounds good to me. There isn't anything better, IMO.

Don't get the Universal CD re-release of this remaster - it was heavily volume compressed. There is a DVD release upcoming (http://www.amazon.com/Sticky-Fingers-Super-Deluxe-Vinyl/dp/B00UN9PQN) but I'd bet it is also heavily volume compressed. Check before you buy.

If you can find the remaster CD done by Bob Ludwig for Virgin in 1994 it will sound very good, similar to, and almost as good as the SACD. It wasn't volume compressed or at least not very much.

The rest of the re-issues aren't worth much.

Newer and different doesn't always equal better.

Album list - Dynamic Range Database

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Which remasters are you talking about here? The later Sticky Fingers ones or the rest of the 1994 series? I've always like the 1994s.

The later sticky fingers ones, other than the SHM SACD. All the Bob Ludwig reissues that aren't heavily volume compressed sound great.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)