IGNORED

Moon Mind, first experiences and a question

Hi everyone, after having read that in Munich the company announced they'll soon also support Tidal I just bought a Moon Mind streamer.

Sonically the Mind, connected to the DAC via AES/EBU, is supposed to be superior to a Macbook Pro connected via USB. However that is not my initial impression, I find results a bit less engaging and a bit more thin in the high frequencies. But I have not tweaked anything yet and am still using the standard ethernet cables to connect to the network and my Synology DS 214+ NAS. I hope there is room for improvement.

What still bugs me most: the Moon apparently doesn't play my music recorded in 32bit floating. This was never an issue with iTunes or Audirvana Plus. Would anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? Is it Moon related or NAS related? Thanks!

Roberto

Thank you Chris. But I thought 32bit floating files are actually 24 bit files.. does this mean that the 6144 kbps of my 32bit float/96 kHz files are too much to handle for Ethernet? If so I guess there is no choice but to make lower kbps copies of the originals before being able to play them through the server, is that correct?

Roberto

Thank you Chris. But I thought 32bit floating files are actually 24 bit files.. does this mean that the 6144 kbps of my 32bit float/96 kHz files are too much to handle for Ethernet? If so I guess there is no choice but to make lower kbps copies of the originals before being able to play them through the server, is that correct?

Roberto

This is not a limitation of Ethernet.

Why are your files 32 bit float rather than 24 bit?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Manage to acquire Moon 180d conected AES/EBU with Harmonic Technology Cyberlink Platinum to a my dac NADM51.

Server is a fanless/silent SSD QNAP with BubbleUpnp as the control point. Manage to create a openhome(moonmind) renderer to save Playlist on my qnap.

AMAZING SET UP.