IGNORED

Optical Network Configurations

1 hour ago, R1200CL said:

@Duke40

Have you enable Flow control ? (Under Link). 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethernet_flow_control

@R1200CL  Yes, Flow control all set [option I selected below allows both Tx and Rx flow control].

As I understand it, Flow control is a positive thing to enable. Flow Control looks all good

Screen Shot 2021-03-24 at 7.04.38 pm.png

Speaker : iPhone 6S Plus > UpTone Audio USB Regen (x2) > Benchmark DAC1 Pre > Pass Labs INT-30A > Focal Micro Utopia BE

Headphone : Auralic Aries > Auralic Gemini 2000 > Audeze LCD-X

Power & Tweaks : Heaps of Balanced & Isolation Power supplies, Dedicated Line, Vinnie Rossi MINI PURE-DC-4EVR, HD-Plex LPSU, iFi Audio DC iPurifiers, DIY Resonance/Vibration platforms using Townshend Audio Seismic Isolation Pods

13 hours ago, jabbr said:

What happens when you set the Mikrotik port to 1Gbe?

I put my Finisar 10Gbe modules back in between my music server (Intel X520-DA1) and the Mikrotik switch. When I tried to set the connection to 1Gbe in SwOS, it would not link up with the NIC. To change the speed, you have to turn off "auto-negotiation", then a pull-down box is activated for "speed". Otherwise, the "speed" is locked as shown.

SwOs3.jpg.67c4150702c94e34b08dd8a164db1d05.jpg

I suppose I could try to change settings on the NIC but don't really want to get into that effort.

I had an Intel dual rate SFP+ (see below) on hand so put that into my music server and used a Finisar SFP (FTLF85119P3BNL) in the MikroTik switch and it successfully connected at 1Gbe.

I will try this for a few days to see if there is any difference.

Although the SFP+ is an Intel brand, it appears to be made by Finisar based on the "FTL..." designation. In fact, you can find this on Amazon with the description of "INTEL FTLX8571D3BCV-IT Finisar 10GB/s 850nm Multimode SFP+SR Transceiver,H".

1554953532_IntelSFP.jpg.0d9602342d011f57d4b1c6ff7526e582.jpg

@ericuco That is how I envision using the dual 10/1 modules. If you wanted to compare results at 10 vs 1gbe speeds on the same network with the same hardware, you can change the settings. When I've tried to make comparisons by pulling out cables, changing SFP modules on both ends etc, its really hard and that's one reason I remain unsure that any changes, beyond going fiberoptic itself, make a difference -- i did run across a situation in which I think the copper ethernet cable wa transmitting some common mode noise.

Custom room treatments for headphone users.

So I’m having an issue with the 1421 between my Cisco 2960 and the oMDL. 
I’m not sure if this is because Cisco only accept Cisco modules, or something else.

I rather think something else. Cause when plugging into another Cisco SG300-20 20-Port Gigabit , there isn’t any problem.

Also no light in the 2960 fiber slot. Not sure if there shall be. 

What is others tests say on fiber from a 2960G ?

I haven’t accessed the 2960 web interface yet. @TwinPeak

Can you PM me that HW reset procedure ?

5 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

So I’m having an issue with the 1421 between my Cisco 2960 and the oMDL. 
I’m not sure if this is because Cisco only accept Cisco modules, or something else.

I rather think something else. Cause when plugging into another Cisco SG300-20 20-Port Gigabit , there isn’t any problem.

Also no light in the 2960 fiber slot. Not sure if there shall be. 

What is others tests say on fiber from a 2960G ?

I haven’t accessed the 2960 web interface yet. @TwinPeak

Can you PM me that HW reset procedure ?

You need to run below command on telnet. To reset, keep pressing 'mode' button until all lights flash orange.

Switch#conf t
Switch(config)#service unsupported-transceiver
Switch(config)#no errdisable detect cause gbic-invalid
Switch(config)#end
Switch#copy run start

10 minutes ago, lake_eleven said:

That should work too. I did this after the initial setup when the switch was hardwired to the laptop.

Using console, or any port ? Normal RJ45. Not twisted pair ? 

I’m not familiar with telenet 

I just removed the switch 

15 hours ago, R1200CL said:

You setup ip address and password with below commands. Note: Iam no expert in this, all these from google's help I have used in my setup!

Switch>enable
Switch#conf t
Switch(config)#int vlan 1
Switch(config-if)#ip address XXX.XXX.X.X DefaultGateway      Ex: ip address 192.168.100.1 255.255.0.0
Switch(config-if)#no shut

enable secret YOURPASSWORD
line vty 0 15
Switch(config-line)password YOURPASSWORD      - same password as above
Switch(config-line)Switch(config-if)#exit
Switch(config-if)#no shut

Switch(config)#end
Switch#copy run start

About the Mikrotik. Remember to do the firmware upgrade. 

What's new in v2.13:

*) properly report SFP port speed;
*) make SFP port work in forced 1G speed mode;
*) make fiber optic modules work with auto-negotiation (1000BaseX);
*) fixed management access over SFP ports;
*) CSS610: report temperature under System tab;
*) fixed problem where logout blocked new logins for 5min;
*) correctly forward snooped DHCP & PPPoE packets;
*) accept only VLAN tagged packets if Allow-VLAN was specified;
*) for ports with vlan-receive=any mode send out vlan packets with
   default vlan id as untagged;
*) make Allow-From work;
*) fixed ACL rule ip source & destination network matching;
*) make ACL not match DSCP=0 by default if no value was specified;
*) fixed SNMP GetBulk;
*) make SNMP sysUpTimeInstance to not overflow in 5min;
*) correctly report extended SNMP info about SFP ports;
*) fixed LAG linking and monitoring;
*) make LAG use L2 hash based load balancing;

FEF2F63D-2751-4FDE-947F-CC7A5F403F95.thumb.jpeg.ee8616facce7c122e76727a88dd3d1bc.jpeg7E02EDC5-4364-4982-9C57-4A72FF3F1F4B.thumb.jpeg.064707770cafa57e884a00fc8af812cc.jpeg

Edit:

I noticed my previous post was a victim of automatic spelling. “presented” was meant to be present. Well in any case no big deal. 😀

5 hours ago, R1200CL said:

@plissken

I guess you’re the one to ask. 
These modules is half price compared to the original FTLX1475D3BTL

https://www.gbic-shop.de/FTLX1475D3BTL-kompatibel

Should I expect such modules to comply 100% with the original Finisar data sheet ?

That would be a question for the OEM. Looks like that Finisar module is $105 for 10GB LR. All I know is we almost exclusively use FS.com modules. We still have some customers the have a hard requirement for vendor specific but that's now an outlier.

ok, MikroTik CSS610-8G-2S+IN switch is here 🙂

(damn' bright, blue, power LED!  🙄)

so far I can confirm its SFP+ cage works fine with a TP-Link TL-SM311LS 1GB module and a TP-Link MC210CS as "receiver"

still waiting for MikroTik S+AO0005 cable to try with the EterRegen

question: anyone knows of a 10/100GB optical SFP module?

got mad, yesterday, before realising the Allo (Sparky) USBridge can't connect directly to the 1GB MC210CS so had to add a switch in-between. with a 10/100GB module I could use an MC110CS instead

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

9 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

This must be a typo ? 

it is not!

Allo (Sparky) USBridge only does 100GB and TP-Link MC210CS only does 1GB so they can't connect directly

I also have a TP-Link MC110CS which works directly connected to the USBridge but I need a 10/100 (or 10/100/1000) capable SFP module to place in the MikroTik switch as the one I'm using now (TP-Link TL-SM311LS) is 1GB only

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

20 minutes ago, pl_svn said:

it is not!

Allo (Sparky) USBridge only does 100GB

There doesn’t even exist SFP28 that can do 100GB. I think you are meaning 100 MB. 

Google 100mb sfp module, and you probably find what you’re looking for. 

59 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

I think you are meaning 100 MB

whooops, sorry: yes, 100MB

🤪

headphones system:

7 hours ago, pl_svn said:

it is not!

Allo (Sparky) USBridge only does 100GB and TP-Link MC210CS only does 1GB so they can't connect directly

I also have a TP-Link MC110CS which works directly connected to the USBridge but I need a 10/100 (or 10/100/1000) capable SFP module to place in the MikroTik switch as the one I'm using now (TP-Link TL-SM311LS) is 1GB only

I suspect you need a copper SFP module from Mikrotik that will connect to the RJ-45

Custom room treatments for headphone users.