IGNORED

ROON on DN2800MT

Hello. I'm trying to trial ROON, on my CAPS DN2800MT-based build. OS is 2012 R2, and I'm getting the following error

roon.png

The solution seems to call for an updated graphics driver...but I've downloaded the Intel Driver Update Utility, and it doesn't find any drivers for this combo.

Any suggestions? Thanks

(CD)Lehner "This whole world, is wild at heart...and weird on top" - Lula Pace Fortune

MAIN System- ALLO USBridge Signature> Denafrips ARES II> Audiolab 6000a> PMC Twenty-Five 21s

Have you tried posting this on the forums at https://community.roonlabs.com/? they are very responsive.

Phil is looking into it. There are graphic drivers you can install for Server but apparently people are still having issue.

Yeah, I've posted; and many are having the same issue.

In my case...I think the problem is: 2012 R2, was never really meant...to run on DN2800MT :) (so there aren't really updated drivers for it).

What I kinda don't understand...not having seen ROON yet; is why it has, such "high" graphic needs? I don't have any issue, running JR20...among others.

(CD)Lehner "This whole world, is wild at heart...and weird on top" - Lula Pace Fortune

MAIN System- ALLO USBridge Signature> Denafrips ARES II> Audiolab 6000a> PMC Twenty-Five 21s

Yeah, I've posted; and many are having the same issue.

In my case...I think the problem is: 2012 R2, was never really meant...to run on DN2800MT :) (so there aren't really updated drivers for it).

What I kinda don't understand...not having seen ROON yet; is why it has, such "high" graphic needs? I don't have any issue, running JR20...among others.

Roon is not JRiver, the interface is more alive and dynamic and for that it needs to use certain GL functions. Even then, the needs are minimal, but you don't even have a GFX driver installed except for the basic video driver. There will never ever in a million years be a server 2012r2 GFX driver for DN2800MT, so unless Roon incorporate an "ugly" mode (which I can't imagine the would ever do), your options are either to install Windows 8.1 32bit or to upgrade the motherboard and/or associated components.

Yay!

Roon is not JRiver, the interface is more alive and dynamic and for that it needs to use certain GL functions. Even then, the needs are minimal, but you don't even have a GFX driver installed except for the basic video driver. There will never ever in a million years be a server 2012r2 GFX driver for DN2800MT, so unless Roon incorporate an "ugly" mode (which I can't imagine the would ever do), your options are either to install Windows 8.1 32bit or to upgrade the motherboard and/or associated components.

TY; that's what I suspected. Hey...now I have an excuse, to buy/build a new toy :)