IGNORED

I need a windows client player that will play Daphile nas

Hello

I have Daphile working as main server and player into usb dac, also on second pc as a client player in another room.

What I need is a windows player that will play music from the Daphile server and also let me use xp to surf etc.

On the client Daphile player it connects to server as nfs storage as h**p://daphile.local. I need a windows player

that will also use this.

Any ideas please

Thanks

thyristor44

• 9 months later...
Hello

I have Daphile working as main server and player into usb dac, also on second pc as a client player in another room.

What I need is a windows player that will play music from the Daphile server and also let me use xp to surf etc.

On the client Daphile player it connects to server as nfs storage as h**p://daphile.local. I need a windows player

that will also use this.

Any ideas please

Thanks

thyristor44

Hi thyristor, can you please help me? I am trying to install a 2-machine setup for Daphile, one running as a server and one running as a client connected to my amplifier+speakers. I want to be able to use a low-powered fanless pc to play through my amplifier and use the more powerful server on a different room and doing all the upsamping to DSD with the music library attached.

Can you please give me a basic guide as to how make this setup work? Should I run the same instance of Daphile on both machines, but attach my DSD DAC to the server (together with the music library) and then select from the client side this particular audio player on the client Daphile computer and listen to music?

How would I connect my client Daphile computer to my amplifier? Would I again need the same DAC or any DAC would do? Sorry, but I am a bit confused as to how to make all this work together...

Hi thyristor, can you please help me? I am trying to install a 2-machine setup for Daphile, one running as a server and one running as a client connected to my amplifier+speakers. I want to be able to use a low-powered fanless pc to play through my amplifier and use the more powerful server on a different room and doing all the upsamping to DSD with the music library attached.

Can you please give me a basic guide as to how make this setup work? Should I run the same instance of Daphile on both machines, but attach my DSD DAC to the server (together with the music library) and then select from the client side this particular audio player on the client Daphile computer and listen to music?

How would I connect my client Daphile computer to my amplifier? Would I again need the same DAC or any DAC would do? Sorry, but I am a bit confused as to how to make all this work together...

First Pipis2010 I am no expert.

My system uses two pcs, each with daphile on but different ip addresses. Both of them feed different sound systems and each has a dac to drive them.

The client is setup - settings - under storage - network drive - nfs:// and in the box for remote target (http://daphile.local) usage in my case music.

If I want to play the client system I log in to the servers ip and select the sound device for the client system, as both are shown. It then plays anything on the server.

Both of my pcs are fanless and thin clients, 1ghz, 2gb flash drives and work well for me, also only take 10 watts each

Hope this is of some help

First Pipis2010 I am no expert.

My system uses two pcs, each with daphile on but different ip addresses. Both of them feed different sound systems and each has a dac to drive them.

The client is setup - settings - under storage - network drive - nfs:// and in the box for remote target (http://daphile.local) usage in my case music.

If I want to play the client system I log in to the servers ip and select the sound device for the client system, as both are shown. It then plays anything on the server.

Both of my pcs are fanless and thin clients, 1ghz, 2gb flash drives and work well for me, also only take 10 watts each

Hope this is of some help

Thank you thyristor, I will try this!!

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile mobile app