IGNORED

Pono Player Firmware Update

4 minutes ago, wdw said:

All is good but am wondering what software and other items may still be available

Probably the main thing is to have the latest firmware version so that any early version glitches are fixed (might also include the ability to play DSD?). Looks like this web page might still be active:

https://www.ponomusic.com/pmv

Hopefully that includes the firmware. As far as the software, drop and drag is what I usually use over Pono's file manager. Put all your albums in the "Music" sub-directory.

Roon ROCK (Roon 1.7; NUC7i3) > Ayre QB-9 Twenty > Ayre AX-5 Twenty > Thiel CS2.4SE (crossovers rebuilt with Clarity CSA and Multicap RTX caps, Mills MRA-12 resistors; ERSE and Jantzen coils; Cardas binding posts and hookup wire); Cardas and OEM power cables, interconnects, and speaker cables

You will find the settings options on the player itself. I have balanced heaphones and have to reset for balanced operation if I disconnect them.

Roon ROCK (Roon 1.7; NUC7i3) > Ayre QB-9 Twenty > Ayre AX-5 Twenty > Thiel CS2.4SE (crossovers rebuilt with Clarity CSA and Multicap RTX caps, Mills MRA-12 resistors; ERSE and Jantzen coils; Cardas binding posts and hookup wire); Cardas and OEM power cables, interconnects, and speaker cables

Just swipe left or right on the main menu options. It looks like the "how to" videos are still live:

https://www.ponomusic.com/contactus

One advantage of PMV is that it's far easier to create playlists, but I pretty much don't use those.

I get about 5-6 hours per charge. There is a youtube video that shows how to replace the battery when it comes to that.

I put in a 200 GB SD card - I have no idea if that effects battery demands. Is there a reason it might?

With the 200 GB SD (yes, no problems going past Pono's claimed limit) it certainly takes longer to boot, so I imagine that eats some battery right there. I have no idea how much extra power is needed thereafter.

Here's where I asked the same question:

https://www.audioasylum.com/forums/pcaudio/messages/16/164069.html