IGNORED

Official Roon User Impressions Thread

Snip, Snip...

1 suggestion: When starting a search by typing on the keyboard, spacebar should no longer pause but should be allowed add a space in the search

Are you prefacing your search with a slash? ie. "/daft punk" or "/random access memories" ?

If you do you won't need to worry about the pause with spacebar.

Silver Circle Audio | Roon | Devialet | Synology | Vivid Audio | Stillpoint Aperture | Auralic | DH Labs

Anyone know how you remove an album from Roon - I seem to produce some dublicates and I would like only to have one edition of the same album in library view? Thanks for your advice!

Or perhaps to hide it - so only one edition to the album appear in library view. Cant wait for HQplayer integration. Roon is amazing but audirvana still sounds slightly better

Anyone know how you remove an album from Roon - I seem to produce some dublicates and I would like only to have one edition of the same album in library view? Thanks for your advice!

Right click the album and you'll see the option at the top right of the screen.

Roon Rock->Auralic Aria G2->Schiit Yggdrasil A2->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301 Monos->Wilson Audio Sabrinas

So much debate on this.. here is one of the public threads on it: https://community.roonlabs.com/t/alphanav-and-space/215

I understand. I have a 130,000 track library with 2500 artists so I need a way to jump quick to an artist and sometime I want a space in the jump. I can live with having to scroll or look a few artists down after typing the first word in the band but for me once the overlay with typing comes up that space bar should no longer pause only makes sense. Any other time it should pause. That's my 2 cents anyway.

Roon Rock->Auralic Aria G2->Schiit Yggdrasil A2->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301 Monos->Wilson Audio Sabrinas

I bought a one year license a couple of days ago.

It took Roon 2 days to scan through my NAS(es).

Its so much fun to use this software and discover my music again. All the possible views are simply exciting. I am surprised in a very unexpected and positive way. And this is only the beginning of the software development.

Highly recommended!

I've asked this in the past without getting an answer so I'll try again here.

When the iOS app is out, would It be possible to view pdf booklets as well as my own scanned booklet jpegs on the iPad?

Thanks!

Arcam rDAC / Oppo BDP-83 / NAD 315BEE / Totem Arro

I've asked this in the past without getting an answer so I'll try again here.

When the iOS app is out, would It be possible to view pdf booklets as well as my own scanned booklet jpegs on the iPad?

Thanks!

As of right now as far as I can tell on the official roon forum, it's on the roadmap. So you have to assume some day you will be able to do it from the soon to be iPad app. Another assumption it won't be a feature in the iPad app on day one.

• 2 weeks later...

This evening I've taken the plunge and downloaded ROON. First impressions are that this is a game changer in the way we interact with music. It's a monumental achievement by the guy's at ROON. It's what I've been waiting for for years. As for the sound quality, well only just getting down to some serious listening but first impressions are very positive. I'm just burning in my new Oppo PM3's so will give it a while before I give a definitive review but at the moment it certainly does not disappoint.

Well done ROON can't wait to see whats coming in the future.

SYSTEM:

Mac Mini used as music server

Through Meridian Explorer2

FLAC & AIFF

Tidal subscriber

Oppo PM3's

HQP integration - is the aim to have HQ Player embedded in the Roon software as an add on? Or is it simply a case of transferring the music files from Roon to HQP to play back?

I asked this on their forums, they said it's much too early to talk about the HQP integration.

HQP integration - is the aim to have HQ Player embedded in the Roon software as an add on? Or is it simply a case of transferring the music files from Roon to HQP to play back?

My guess is it will be the latter if it happens. That way HQ users get the UI benefits of Roon, and the playback benefits of HQ. I'm not a programmer, but it seems to me that would be a lot simpler way to implement it.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Can anyone tell me the following:

2. Do you have to sign up separately to the Roon Forum as I don't seem to be able to sign in with my Roon log in details.

Thanks

acc'd to my experience, yes

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

After trialling ... I have moved over to a Roon subscription ... I love it because it helps me discover more new music.

I also now get so much more out of my Tidal subscription.

Plus, I like the album liner notes & artist info ... kind of getting back some of the things I missed from Vinyl, and providing them as part of an outstanding user interface experience.

Initially had a few setup issues, though Roon Support were extremely helpful ... I appreciate it.

Also a great user community over at the Roon Labs community support site, so other Roon subscribers helped me too ... for which I am very grateful.

Sound quality is excellent too.

Roon Labs appear very approachable to new feature requests ... they obviously could not do each & every personal request ... though if there is demand from a number of people, they appear very responsive. I think this is great.

Speaker : iPhone 6S Plus > UpTone Audio USB Regen (x2) > Benchmark DAC1 Pre > Pass Labs INT-30A > Focal Micro Utopia BE

Headphone : Auralic Aries > Auralic Gemini 2000 > Audeze LCD-X

Power & Tweaks : Heaps of Balanced & Isolation Power supplies, Dedicated Line, Vinnie Rossi MINI PURE-DC-4EVR, HD-Plex LPSU, iFi Audio DC iPurifiers, DIY Resonance/Vibration platforms using Townshend Audio Seismic Isolation Pods

After trialling ... I have moved over to a Roon subscription ... I love it because it helps me discover more new music.

I also now get so much more out of my Tidal subscription.

Plus, I like the album liner notes & artist info ... kind of getting back some of the things I missed from Vinyl, and providing them as part of an outstanding user interface experience.

Initially had a few setup issues, though Roon Support were extremely helpful ... I appreciate it.

Also a great user community over at the Roon Labs community support site, so other Roon subscribers helped me too ... for which I am very grateful.

Sound quality is excellent too.

Roon Labs appear very approachable to new feature requests ... they obviously could not do each & every personal request ... though if there is demand from a number of people, they appear very responsive. I think this is great.

Yup.

I am very high on this company. Incredible user interface and their desire to improve SQ as demonstrated by their latest upgrades within weeks of initially release is truly mind boggling.

I currently have it running ASIO on Server 2012 R2 with AO in GUI mode. I still can't get it to work in core mode in Server but am working on it.

Yup.

I am very high on this company. Incredible user interface and their desire to improve SQ as demonstrated by their latest upgrades within weeks of initially release is truly mind boggling.

I currently have it running ASIO on Server 2012 R2 with AO in GUI mode. I still can't get it to work in core mode in Server but am working on it.

... plus with more great things in the future ... I am really looking forward to RoonSpeakers ... it must be real soon now (I'm acting like a kid waiting for Xmas).

Anyway, this is an impressions thread, so I thought I would give it a go by adding my thoughts ... not sure how coherent it was ... while writing it I kept switching to Roon and adding more music :)

Speaker : iPhone 6S Plus > UpTone Audio USB Regen (x2) > Benchmark DAC1 Pre > Pass Labs INT-30A > Focal Micro Utopia BE

Headphone : Auralic Aries > Auralic Gemini 2000 > Audeze LCD-X

Power & Tweaks : Heaps of Balanced & Isolation Power supplies, Dedicated Line, Vinnie Rossi MINI PURE-DC-4EVR, HD-Plex LPSU, iFi Audio DC iPurifiers, DIY Resonance/Vibration platforms using Townshend Audio Seismic Isolation Pods