IGNORED

Official Roon User Impressions Thread

Still nothing. Just asks me to sign up (which I already did since I received an e-mail saying the software is ready). Anyone else having issues finding a download?

Actually, it seems I needed to clear my cache. I am able to get to the download page now.

Well, I went to sign up and was turned off by the sign up system. You have to choose which subscription you want before you even have tried the software. How do you know how much/if you are willing to commit before you've even seen it?

Additionally, they have one of those opt out systems: they take your CC info and then charge you the fee as soon as the 14 days are up. Of course, you can "opt out" any time during those 14 days. If for whatever reason you don't, you get charged.

I really don't like that way of doing business. Give me a free version that doesn't work anymore after 14 days. Maybe I want to consider whether I want to subscribe or not when the trial is up. Maybe I want to purchase next month because I have time to test it now but am traveling away from home next week for a month....or whatever. I just don't like the "give us your CC before you even know what you want and we will charge you" approach to business. Especially for a totally new product no one has seen.

Let your potential customer have a little control of the process.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

No sound from my external Speakers.. only the speaker on the Mac mini ? under ROON setting a see my DAC and is enabled..

and is enabled on the Preferences on OS X. any ideas how to solve the issue?

Update: Now I get just an Static sound from the External speaker

Just for music:Mac Mini 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 60GB SSD, 16GB RAM (Mid 2011) OS X El Capitan 10.11.3 > WD NAS 6TB > Audirvana+>Roon Server > HQPlayer >iPad for Roon Remote> Teac UD-503 DAC > Audio Quest Cinnamon USB cable > Cambridge Audio Azur 840C > Cambridge Audio Azur 840A > Polk LSi 15 > DIY Speaker Cables.

Must be swamped. Went to the forums page to ask a few questions about my specific setup. Did the "sign up" dialog box. It's hung there with the little dervish whirling around, for almost five minutes now. Third try, broke out of the first two after three or four minutes.

I've got two different computers that play off of one music library. One currently serves to rip CDs, download, and stream to multiple players in my house and studio. Attaches to the RAID music library. The other sits by the DAC in my main listening room, and does nothing but play to the DAC. Today, I've got JRiver on both, and with JPlay, I can play either of them to whatever device.

How about Roon? I can't really go with just one machine for everything. It's a good 20 feet from the DAC so can't do a workable USB run. The machine at the DAC is pretty powerful (an old laptop) but has very little storage, and I suspect Roon might need more than a little storage.

So, is it possible to run Roon on both machines, so that I can destroy my concentration and feed my ADHD surfing Roon in any room in my house?

Common music library... and that's probably where I'd want Roon to keep its indexing and tagging data. Separate heads.

Second question - my main room DAC is an Exasound, which is kind of fussy about its Asio driver. Does Roon accommodate that?

I can tell you how I have it setup and that may help answer your questions.

Macbook Pro 15" Corei7 processor is the Roon server. This server scans my NAS for all my local music. this server has a Berkeley Alpha USB connected to it.

iMac 5K as the Roon client computer.

I am able to send audio to devices on both the Server and Client computers from a single interface. I sit at my iMac and browse through Roon while selecting which audio interface to send the audio out through. For example, I am sending audio to the Alpha Usb connected to my Roon Server, but I am browsing from the iMac Client. I am also sending audio to the local iMac speakers.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

No sound from my external Speakers.. only the speaker on the Mac mini ? under ROON setting a see my DAC and is enabled..

and is enabled on the Preferences on OS X. any ideas how to solve the issue?

Update: Now I get just an Static sound from the External speaker

Hi jvlata - Still having issues? Is your DAC listed in the lower right corner of the Roon window as the output device?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

ROON does not support Intel NUC 54250 which has Intel HD 5000 Graphics Adapter

Error states either openGL or graphics card is not supported. (And I did update to latest Video Drivers just to make sure)

But I do have another machine that I have it running on to try out ROON. So far very cool....

Thanks for the info about the NUC.

Chris, Just solved the issue! Repaired permission on OS.. Reboot, Re-intalled Roon, now I have sound :-) and Yes my DAC was listed when was not sound..

Thanks!

Just for music:Mac Mini 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 60GB SSD, 16GB RAM (Mid 2011) OS X El Capitan 10.11.3 > WD NAS 6TB > Audirvana+>Roon Server > HQPlayer >iPad for Roon Remote> Teac UD-503 DAC > Audio Quest Cinnamon USB cable > Cambridge Audio Azur 840C > Cambridge Audio Azur 840A > Polk LSi 15 > DIY Speaker Cables.

Duplicate, sorry

I can tell you how I have it setup and that may help answer your questions.

Macbook Pro 15" Corei7 processor is the Roon server. This server scans my NAS for all my local music. this server has a Berkeley Alpha USB connected to it.

iMac 5K as the Roon client computer.

I am able to send audio to devices on both the Server and Client computers from a single interface. I sit at my iMac and browse through Roon while selecting which audio interface to send the audio out through. For example, I am sending audio to the Alpha Usb connected to my Roon Server, but I am browsing from the iMac Client. I am also sending audio to the local iMac speakers.

You're using a UPnP client/server setup then? I've got my two computers as renderers, neither's a client of the other. Allows me to create solid but simple isolation from the internet creepy-crawlies for the computer serving the DAC and get rid of a lot of security processes. May have to re-think that for Roon.