IGNORED

Article: Roon From Roon Labs - A Video Run-through

Is there a facility for using plugins (convolution, Fab Filter, etc.) directly, or, is there some way to route through J River so that my J River dsp effects work?

Bump ... maybe the Roon guys can chime in?

Roon + HQ Player; Trinnov Altitude32; Bricasti M3 with Ethernet and headphone amp; Pro Audio Technology 28212ai active speakers and amps plus four 15" subs; MSB Reference DAC wi/ Digital Director; Antipodes K50 server; MadVR video processing with JVC NZ9 projector; Kii3 + Control in another room; Accourate, Trinnov, and Dirac bass management and room correction; extensive RPG room treatment; HifiMan and Focal cans; Decware Taboo Mk3; 20 amp hospital grade UPS; EtherRegen, Sonore Empirical Audio and SOTM, all on LPS, feeding DACs

Hi Danny, do you all have plans to be able to use different player software to be incorporated into Roon? IE JRiver/HQ/Amarra or are you sticking to your own proprietary player?

Thanks

Chris

Ryzen 7 2700 PC Server, NUC7CJYH w. 4G Apacer RAM as Renderer/LPS 1.2 - IsoRegen/LPS-1/.2 - Singxer SU-1/LPS1.2 - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC - LTA MicroZOTL MZ2 - Modwright KWA 150 Signature Amp - Tidal Audio Piano's.  

Hi Danny, do you all have plans to be able to use different player software to be incorporated into Roon? IE JRiver/HQ/Amarra or are you sticking to your own proprietary player?

Thanks

Chris

I'd consider using Roon if that were possible, unlikely as it is to happen.

Steve Schaffer

Grimm MU1 / dCS Vivaldi Upsampler - APEX DAC - Clock / Spectral DMC-30SV preamp / Spectral Anniversary monoblocks / Wilson Audio Alexia V /  Wilson Lōkē subs / Shunyata Everest / Shunyata Omega interconnects, power cables, Ethernet / Shunyata Altaira / Uptone EtherREGEN switch / Cybershaft OP21A-D / Uptone JS2 LPS / HRS racks - Vortex footers - damping plates

JRiver has a virtual sound-card that let's all this stuff happen, although I hear Roon don't work so well with it. We are looking into that issue.

I'm the guy that posted that I was having problems (7Ryder). I decided to give the JRiver driver another shot this morning and it appears to working now without any hiccups. I made a comment on the Roon forums as well.

ChrisG

Bend, OR

I'd consider using Roon if that were possible, unlikely as it is to happen.

As noted right above this post, you can already use the JRiver player via their virtual soundcard feature. I haven't played with Amarra too much, but next week we will be talking to Jussi of HQ Player some more.

We just launched 2.5 days ago and we are very open with our roadmap. As soon as we make some decisions here, we will let you all know.

As noted right above this post, you can already use the JRiver player via their virtual soundcard feature. I haven't played with Amarra too much, but next week we will be talking to Jussi of HQ Player some more.

We just launched 2.5 days ago and we are very open with our roadmap. As soon as we make some decisions here, we will let you all know.

Sorry but I don't know what the "virtual soundcard" is all about. Never saw anything on the JRiver site that described it, let alone how it would be implemented. Seems like if it was even a viable option, Roon would need to be "told" to use it, via some sort of handoff. What is needed for Roon to take advantage of JRiver for playback?

Steve Schaffer

Grimm MU1 / dCS Vivaldi Upsampler - APEX DAC - Clock / Spectral DMC-30SV preamp / Spectral Anniversary monoblocks / Wilson Audio Alexia V /  Wilson Lōkē subs / Shunyata Everest / Shunyata Omega interconnects, power cables, Ethernet / Shunyata Altaira / Uptone EtherREGEN switch / Cybershaft OP21A-D / Uptone JS2 LPS / HRS racks - Vortex footers - damping plates

Sorry but I don't know what the "virtual soundcard" is all about. Never saw anything on the JRiver site that described it, let alone how it would be implemented. Seems like if it was even a viable option, Roon would need to be "told" to use it, via some sort of handoff. What is needed for Roon to take advantage of JRiver for playback?

Perhaps this will help? It's posted on the JRIVER site.

NEW: WDM Driver (Use MC for browser audio)

and this

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/WDM_Driver

Silver Circle Audio | Roon | Devialet | Synology | Vivid Audio | Stillpoint Aperture | Auralic | DH Labs

Settings -> Audio -- did you enable it?

A small warning however: Some people are reporting errors using it, some are having success. We are looking into the issue.

OK, I am an idiot, sorry. I thought it was accessible from my "core" computer. I installed it on a test Windows computer with Roon on the same computer and it seems to be working. I will be checking it out later on my main rig but if this works as it appears to it is a HUGE step to improving the SQ which I think is currently lacking and great way to get ASIO.

AWESOME.

Now if we can get it running on Server 2012 R2??

But I have to choose, right? Either I open Pure Music (which in turn opens iTunes and that is how I see my music) OR I open ROON and ROON provides both the catalog to see my music and the player that plays it? Or am I missing something? (Sorry to be so thick about this!)

Now if we can get it running on Server 2012 R2??

Some people have gotten it working: https://community.roonlabs.com/t/windows-server-2012-r2/573/7

The server 2012 is lacking both the audio framework as well as the video capabilities that our software requires, but both can be added on.

Alternative remote desktop software that supports OpenGL can also be used if you use Microsoft's Remote Desktop solution, which does not support OpenGL.

Some people have gotten it working: https://community.roonlabs.com/t/windows-server-2012-r2/573/7

The server 2012 is lacking both the audio framework as well as the video capabilities that our software requires, but both can be added on.

Alternative remote desktop software that supports OpenGL can also be used if you use Microsoft's Remote Desktop solution, which does not support OpenGL.

When I get home from work I will work on it. Got my mac as remote now and playing through the "core" Win 7 with JRiver and all is working. I haven't listened just see that all resolutions are changing properly SO I am getting very excited given that ability to interface. Now if I can get it with Audiophile Optimizer on Server all is good.

Howie you are very funny. First JRIVER, then Server 2012 R2, then AO....nothing else after that?

All meant in good fun...;)

Barr

Silver Circle Audio | Roon | Devialet | Synology | Vivid Audio | Stillpoint Aperture | Auralic | DH Labs

Hello Danny,

I, too, would be open to using Roon if Roon with Amarra Symphony with or without iRC to work as the selected player. I take it from the meaning of your post above, that Roon is NOT presently enabled to work with my go-to player, Amarra Symphony. Happy you are talking to Jussi. Can you talk with Jon Reichbach at Sonic Studio? (Pretty please ;>})

Good fortune with Roon.

Best,

Richard

As am I, so much so I bought it in advance of the Aries support. I found some really cool music I had that I had forgotten about and/or never listened to more than once previously.

As am I, so much so I bought it in advance of the Aries support. I found some really cool music I had that I had forgotten about and/or never listened to more than once previously.

That is the hysterical. Same here. I have such a huge library that I forget what I have and sometimes, I am ashamed to admit, bought on a recommendation and never listened. Roon is allowing me to discover some great music I forgot I had.

Perhaps this will help? It's posted on the JRIVER site.

NEW: WDM Driver (Use MC for browser audio)

and this

WDM Driver - JRiverWiki

Doesn't seem available for Mac version of JRMC 20 as yet.

Steve Schaffer

Doesn't seem available for Mac version of JRMC 20 as yet.

See here, perhaps you could query if there is anything new in this regard?