IGNORED

Supersonic

Here is the latest version 1.5.6 of Supersonic.

This version should work well on all versions of Win 10, including Win server. Previous versions had some code that caused an error on Win server.

I would appreciate testing on server and non-server versions and feedback from anyone running Supersonic on both.

Thanks in advance.

Geoff

plugin.audio.supersonic.zip

Owner of: Sound Galleries, High-End Audio Dealer, Monaco

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, shadowlight said:

@Geoffrey Armstrong, are their any plans to add support for Deezer HiFi under Supersonic?  Can I run the plugin under Raspberry Pi setup?

Sorry for late response. Somehow I missed this.

I rely on the add-ons that are available on Kodi for the individual streaming services I see there is one for Deezer; but haven't tested it yet.

Will take a look at it. The add-on for the individual streaming service is responsible for fetching the URLs, Supersonic then picks those up and sends them to HQPlayer.

I haven't done much testing on any flavour of Linux. Theoretically it should work.

Let me test Deezer, first and if it works well perhaps you can test Supersonic on your Raspberry Pi/

Best,

Geoff

Just now, shadowlight said:

I got a response sooner than I had expected :)

Looking forward to your testing.

I try :) 

The Deezer add-on itself works in Kodi; but will only play 30 second samples, which are .mp3 format.

I read on the Kodi TV forum that this addon requires a Deezer premium account. On my Deezer page they offer me an upgrade to premium for €99 (discounted) yikes! I don't feel like forking that over just to test it.

Do you have a Deezer premium account? If so could you test to see if this add-on works in Kodi, just by itself, playing the full files in flac format, before we try to get it to work with Supersonic?

plugin.audio.deezer-0.0.3.zip

Just now, shadowlight said:

Yes, I do have Deezer HiFi account.  I build the RPi and test it out.  I am hoping I am wrong but I think the plugin is going to be restricted to mp3 streams only.

OK, let me know. If it works with the flac files, I should be able to get it working with Supersonic/HQPlayer.

• 2 years later...

Hello, i'm writing in this dormant thread as i'm trying to use HQPlayer via Kodi in my Windows system using Supersonic addon, but without success.

I'm not using Subsonic server, as i only want to access my PC's local library and play Qobuz streams via Kodi/HQplayer. My Supersonic Kodi addon (Kodi 18.9, Supersonic 1.5.6) is correctly configured as stated in your guide and active in Kodi. HQPlayer Desktop is on the local machine where Kodi is, up and running.

Case 1: playback of local files

I play local files in Kodi, but the music is output by local audio device, not by HQPlayer, even if the option about preventing Kodi from local playback of audio files is ticked in Supersonic addon. HQPlayer playlist is not updated and it looks like HQPlayer not being accessed anyway.

Case 2: playback of Qobuz stream

Being Qobuz Kodi addon no more useable, i configured remote UPNP control via BubbleUPNP on android device as stated in your guide. When i press play on a Qobuz song in BubbleUPNP, the music is output by local audio device in Kodi PC, not by HQPlayer, even if the option about preventing Kodi from local playback of streams is ticked in Supersonic addon, just like in previous case.

So in both cases it seems that Supersonic is not working properly or it is not able to connect to HQPlayer Desktop.

Possible problem: each time i start Kodi, an error message appears. The Kodi log reports:

2020-11-25 13:13:50.489 T:8508   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
                                            Error Contents: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Luca\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.supersonic\resources\lib\supersonic\service\monitor.py", line 444, in <module>
                                                bugheadStartup = int(bugheadStartup)
                                            ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

But Supersonic addon appears as normally active in Kodi menu. I attach full Kodi log for comprehensive case check.

Thank you for helping

kodi.log

I stopped developping or supporting this add-on towards the end of last year. The last version was 1.5.9

I’m having problems getting that version to work myself today.

I’m busy in several other projects. When I get some time though, I will look into it and hopfully be able to post a link to a working version here. I can’t promise anything at the moment though.

5 minutes ago, Geoffrey Armstrong said:

I stopped developping or supporting this add-on towards the end of last year. The last version was 1.5.9

I’m having problems getting that version to work myself today.

I’m busy in several other projects. When I get some time though, I will look into it and hopfully be able to post a link to a working version here. I can’t promise anything at the moment though.

Thank you very much anyway!

Some good news!

I discovered the only reason it wasn’t working for me was due to a typo I made in the Client field.

Then I looked for reasons it may not be working for you.

I found some settings that are no longer needed, were preventing it from working in certain cases.

I went through all the code and cleaned it up today.

Now it’s working for me with local files, Qobuz and Tidal via UPnP and also Tidal via the Kodi Tidal 2 add-on.

Will carry out extra testing tomorrow, then post a link to the new version 1.60 here.

Please note; I have only tested UPnP via the mconnect app for IOS.

As UPnP is universal, it should work with Bubble too. I can’t guarantee it though.  It’ll be interesting for to find out.

Geoff

44 minutes ago, Geoffrey Armstrong said:

Some good news!

I discovered the only reason it wasn’t working for me was due to a typo I made in the Client field.

I found some settings that are no longer needed, were preventing it from working in certain cases.

Now it’s working for me with local files, Qobuz and Tidal via UPnP and also Tidal via the Kodi Tidal 2 add-on.

Will carry out extra testing tomorrow, then post a link to the new version 1.60 here.

As UPnP is universal, it should work with Bubble too. I can’t guarantee it though.  It’ll be interesting for to find out.

Geoff

Thank you Geoff, great news! Waiting for new version 1.60 then!

1 hour ago, Geoffrey Armstrong said:

Some good news!

Geoff

I was trying it for streaming Qobuz through HQPlayer in mac. Doesn't work, or (most probably) I was not able to follow all instructions properly, too complicated and asks for additional installs. Tried VB Cable - works without any effort from my side. Just to share.

23 minutes ago, AnotherSpin said:

I was trying it for streaming Qobuz through HQPlayer in mac. Doesn't work, or (most probably) I was not able to follow all instructions properly, too complicated and asks for additional installs. Tried VB Cable - works without any effort from my side. Just to share.

The problem with loopback drivers, for me, is the need to manually select correct playback frequency in HQPlayer each time it changes. 

Did you find a solution for that? 

If Supersonic doesn't require that, it's a better solution for me... 

1 hour ago, AnotherSpin said:

Your comments are understandable. I was trying to meet too many different requests I received privately. Some wanted instantaneous playback/instant gratification, others had complex requirements that made that impossible. It was a learning experience in this kind of software development for me.

Right now I’m trying to keep just the features I think make the most sense, at the same time ensuring the addon is reasonably responsive and not too complicated to use.

3 hours ago, Luca72c said:

The problem with loopback drivers, for me, is the need to manually select correct playback frequency in HQPlayer each time it changes. 

Did you find a solution for that? 

If Supersonic doesn't require that, it's a better solution for me... 

I use VB Cable for streaming Qobuz through HQPlayer. If I select CD quality in Qobuz and 44,1 in HQP content source everything plays just ok, no need to change anything.

13 minutes ago, AnotherSpin said:

I use VB Cable for streaming Qobuz through HQPlayer. If I select CD quality in Qobuz and 44,1 in HQP content source everything plays just ok, no need to change anything.

But that way you cannot exploit Qobuz higher res files. That's a workaround, not a real solution

So here is version 1.60

Please install the TinyDB script attached first, if you haven't already.

Enable add-ons from Unknown sources in Kodi's prefs, if you haven't already done so.

Then install Supersonic. If you get the error "Failed to install due to invalid structure" this is nonsense! The structure is correct. To work around this you may have to unzip supersonic and re-zip it on your machine and try again.

My advice is to use UPnP for Qobuz and Tidal and even for local files in Kodi's library. To do that you'll first need to enable UPnP in Kodi's services.

As mentioned before though, I've only tested with mconnect on IOS

It's working well for me and it would be nice if we can expand it to beyond my own personal use.

Good luck!

Geoff

script.module.tinydb.zip plugin.audio.supersonic.zip

51 minutes ago, Geoffrey Armstrong said:

So here is version 1.60

Please install the TinyDB script attached first, if you haven't already.

Enable add-ons from Unknown sources in Kodi's prefs, if you haven't already done so.

Then install Supersonic. If you get the error "Failed to install due to invalid structure" this is nonsense! The structure is correct. To work around this you may have to unzip supersonic and re-zip it on your machine and try again.

My advice is to use UPnP for Qobuz and Tidal and even for local files in Kodi's library. To do that you'll first need to enable UPnP in Kodi's services.

As mentioned before though, I've only tested with mconnect on IOS

It's working well for me and it would be nice if we can expand it to beyond my own personal use.

Good luck!

Geoff

Thank you Geoff! 

Does it work if i have HQPlayer in a separate, lan connected PC (as old addon did)? 

28 minutes ago, Luca72c said:

Thank you Geoff! 

Does it work if i have HQPlayer in a separate, lan connected PC (as old addon did)? 

Yes it does. I tested today from a Mac to an Antipodes Linux server running HQPEmbedded. It also works towards HQPlayer4Desktop between machines on different platforms on your lan. You just have to remember to activate the network button, and, of course, make sure the Supersonic settings are correct.