IGNORED

I am building the ideal free music playback software!

Will your player support Multichannel DSD/PCM playback?

Thanks

John

Hello!

Thank you for asking!

I sure do plan to include support for multichannel music. I have not said anything about it because at the moment I do not own any multichannel equipment. So, just at the moment I cannot test how multichannel will sound like after implementations. But I think that I can optimize something for multichannel to make it sound great!

After getting more financial resources for my project and getting better equipment, this is something that I will be sure to add to my project.

Hello!

Thank you for asking!

I sure do plan to include support for multichannel music. I have not said anything about it because at the moment I do not own any multichannel equipment. So, just at the moment I cannot test how multichannel will sound like after implementations. But I think that I can optimize something for multichannel to make it sound great!

After getting more financial resources for my project and getting better equipment, this is something that I will be sure to add to my project.

Thanks for your reply. I am looking forward to the release of your player.

• 1 month later...
what about the ability to play video, would be great to select a ripped concert DVD to play, possibly with video in the case that a concert DVD does not also have a music only DVD version also released.

I have been considering lately that people might want to use the software for video watching too.

I, myself, like to watch some AMV (anime music videos) from time to time, so I think that I am going to try to encode something for video too, and I want to also imlpement one of those motion interpolation algorithms for video too.

Keeping in mind that my project is designed to be free, I might be interested in working with SVP team at a point, because I am a fan of their works, and I am using their software quite often.

• 7 months later...

I posted a few new updates to my project, and a small guide for how to use mpc-hc with madVR. It is the best experience for video watching that I found, and it is free.

It inspired me to want to add madVR support for my software, for video playback.

It seems to me as if most people who are into music might want to have in the same package the best experience with video watching too.

I invite you to read more on my project's page The ideal music playback software. Great sound, intuitive and elegant user interface.

I personally prefer music playback software to ply music. Video would be surplus to my requirements.

Thanks for your answer!

I have thought about this, and I actually plan to do a feature that could improve the situation for most people who want to have a dedicated software for music playback.

I plan to add a pure music mode to the software. Like this, it would satisfy both audiophiles and music enthusiasts and videophiles.

After I have played around with Fidelizer for windows, I think that adding a pure music mode would improve audio quality. I will need GPU processing for my Transient Recovery Algorithm, and having video play at the same time will be possible but will depend on what madVR settings people have for video playback, and on how resource hungry the final release of my algorithm will be. Until now, I can say that it is hard to process, as are most machine learning algorithms.

madVR is very nice for video playback and I want to offer easier ways for people to use it, this is why I plan to include options for it. (It took me a while before understanding it and being able to make a configuration that worked for me)

I am still considering this, and it would be pretty interesting for some, but would take a bit more coding to do, to actually use a SLI GPU configuration (for people who have one) and process video playback in one GPU, and my algorithm in the other GPU.

I cannot make an assertion of how many people have SLI setups, are audio enthusiasts and also want the best audio quality possible, and best video quality possible.

As a MacOS user I would like to be able to use Audio Units for EQ, etc.

I listen mainly to classical music and can't live without iTunes' column browser:

2l5n35.jpg

How do you intend to support tags?

iTunes has limited options for classical users...

I tag all my files manually.

This is how I'd do it, if I could:

Song Name - Saint-Saëns: Cello Concerto No.1 In A Minor, Op33 - I. Allegro non troppo (...)

Work Name - Saint-Saëns: Cello Concerto No.1 In A Minor, Op33

Composer - Saint-Saëns, Camille (1835-1921)

Date - 1872

Artist - János Starker

Orchestra - London Symphony Orchestra

Maestro - Antal Doráti

Soloist - János Starker

Grouping - Cello Concertos

Genre - Romantic

Recording date - 1964

Recording venue - Town Hall, Watford, England

Record label - Mercury

R

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

The Library interface needs to have the option of reading in a directory structure "as is" (i.e. ignoring tags). Not everyone organises their music by Artist etc. Classical music especially is often organised in directories by composer and then (subdir) opus, and different recordings in separate subdirs. Many players do not seem to cope with this - even HQPlayer.

UPnP is essential.

Will there be a Linux version?

- Richard.

LMS on Odroid XU4; HQPlayer on i7-8700; iFi iGalvanic; T+A DAC 8 DSD; Benchmark AHB2; Quad ESL 2805s + two Acoustic Energy subs.

The Library interface needs to have the option of reading in a directory structure "as is" (i.e. ignoring tags).

Absolutely! It is essential for me that a player allows me to view the folder structure I've been building since 2002. By all means have the ability to sort by tags but a basic folder view should be included in any media software.

Absolutely! It is essential for me that a player allows me to view the folder structure I've been building since 2002. By all means have the ability to sort by tags but a basic folder view should be included in any media software.

. . . whereas to me, folder structure is completely irrelevant - all my files have clean tags and that's what I want to see ;)

But I agree if the software supported both / either transparently, that should make everyone happy.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

The Library interface needs to have the option of reading in a directory structure "as is" (i.e. ignoring tags). Not everyone organises their music by Artist etc. Classical music especially is often organised in directories by composer and then (subdir) opus, and different recordings in separate subdirs. Many players do not seem to cope with this - even HQPlayer.

UPnP is essential.

Will there be a Linux version?

- Richard.

Library interface will allow folder path view in column. If you mean having main directory, then expand every sub directory, this is simple to add to my software, and is not a problem, you will be able to double click from that point and play a song. I have not thought that this would be more wanted than having a column with file path.

I do not have that many tags, and I like to define a very exact folder tree. I have been using Fiio X5 and X5II as portable players, and they work well with my tidy folder structure. For my needs, I have tags defined only for Title, Artist, Album, Year, Genre, and Track. I personally prefer to have .jpg high quality cover art within folder, instead of having it attached as metadata.

On the other hand, I understand very well that other people have other preferences, so I will try to make my software be best fit for every possible user. Having a simple method to customize it, but making customization reliable should do the trick.

I acknowledge UPnP as being important, and will offer support for it.

I think that people who like sound quality will be looking forward to the transient recovery algorithm I am working on. It is based upon machine learning, and will provide one of the best results in sound to date.

I also plan to make a Linux version.

As a MacOS user I would like to be able to use Audio Units for EQ, etc.

I listen mainly to classical music and can't live without iTunes' column browser:

2l5n35.jpg

How do you intend to support tags?

iTunes has limited options for classical users...

I tag all my files manually.

This is how I'd do it, if I could:

Song Name - Saint-Saëns: Cello Concerto No.1 In A Minor, Op33 - I. Allegro non troppo (...)

Work Name - Saint-Saëns: Cello Concerto No.1 In A Minor, Op33

Composer - Saint-Saëns, Camille (1835-1921)

Date - 1872

Artist - János Starker

Orchestra - London Symphony Orchestra

Maestro - Antal Doráti

Soloist - János Starker

Grouping - Cello Concertos

Genre - Romantic

Recording date - 1964

Recording venue - Town Hall, Watford, England

Record label - Mercury

R

All tags that are supported by MP3Tag will be supported.

I will have a Title (song name), Album artist, Composer, Disc number, Comment, Date, Track number, Genre, Album, Artist.

Adding more tags than are supported by other software could create problems, like portable media players not being able to play your files. I will look into how metadata is recorded and used. If I will be able to (not create compatibility problems with your files) I will add Recording label, Orchestra, Place ( Recording place). But I have to study this further.

I think that iTunes have some sort of patent on that particular way to use columns, but I will create something that will help people who browse by tags. I have a few ideas on paper, I will test and implement the one who lets you browse with most ease, and is the most intuitive.

. . . whereas to me, folder structure is completely irrelevant - all my files have clean tags and that's what I want to see ;)

But I agree if the software supported both / either transparently, that should make everyone happy.

Exactly this is the way I intent my software to be. I want it to support it all transparently, to please every category of users. I want to create a software that will be as universal as possible.

I think that iTunes have some sort of patent on that particular way to use columns, but I will create something that will help people who browse by tags. I have a few ideas on paper, I will test and implement the one who lets you browse with most ease, and is the most intuitive.

I don't think they have a patent on that type of browsing. Its usually called pan browsing, not column browsing. For some other examples of this, look at Quodlibet and gmusicbrowser.

Library interface will allow folder path view in column. If you mean having main directory, then expand every sub directory, this is simple to add to my software, and is not a problem, you will be able to double click from that point and play a song. I have not thought that this would be more wanted than having a column with file path.

That sounds good. But when you say "play a song" do you mean play all the tracks in a directory, in order (01-track, 02-track, etc), which is what you'd need for a opera, say.

I acknowledge UPnP as being important, and will offer support for it.

Excellent.

I also plan to make a Linux version.

Brilliant.

Good luck with the project, I will watch out for developments.

- Richard.

LMS on Odroid XU4; HQPlayer on i7-8700; iFi iGalvanic; T+A DAC 8 DSD; Benchmark AHB2; Quad ESL 2805s + two Acoustic Energy subs.

That sounds good. But when you say "play a song" do you mean play all the tracks in a directory, in order (01-track, 02-track, etc), which is what you'd need for a opera, say.

Excellent.

Brilliant.

Good luck with the project, I will watch out for developments.

- Richard.

Yeah, when playing a file within a folder, all files that follow it in alphabetical order will be played next. After a folder is finished, the next folder alphabetically will start playing and so on.

You can change the song at any time, and I plan to integrate usage of keyboard multimedia keys. This seems like it has been ignored to be properly supported lately, but I think that some people might find it helpful.

I am not very accustomed to Last.fm protocols, but I am thinking that adding support for it is possible, and I will add it.

Wave form, spectrograms, dynamic range analyzer, some skins, VU meters, and other visual effects are on my list.

I spend time studying spectrograms created by a few problems, while listening to certain songs, and find studying them a fun hobby.

Lyrics support is a must for a good music player. In fact, if time permits, I would like to add support for an automated lyrics finder, and use machine learning to build an option within the software to automatically search databases of lyrics and display the lyrics of the song that is played. A general method for this should cover 99.9% of the songs out there, and all songs that exist within a clear database.

The visual experience, UI, and general aspect and usage of the program is one of the first priorities for me, as I want users to use the program because they actually like it from all points of view, not just because it sounds good, or does something good. I aim to build it to do everything in music experience good.