IGNORED

What DACs support DSD input NOT via USB?

might be worth speaking to Jaehong at Oppomod in South Korea, many years ago I bought one of his I2S cards for my Oppo BDP-103, and this connected to my PS Audio Directstream, sounded extremely good, then I got an email from Jaehong saying they had another card, so I sold the Oppo 103 (and I2S card) with the PS Audio for about the same price as I paid originally, which was a result after years of good service

I2S Card Upgrade - $220

This is add on card which extracts the I2S signal from OPPO's internal digital audio data and transfers via HDMI to the I2S input of DAC's such as the PS Audio DAC.

With this upgrade all digital audio signals, including SACD and DSD, can be transfered to the outside of the OPPO BD player (These signals can not be transmitted by a normal S/PDIF coaxial or optical output).

Currently, there are no standards for transmitting these I2S signals, but many manufacturers are following the PS Audio standard. This specification uses the HDMI terminal physically (not the HDMI transmission standard).

Currently PS Audio, Holo Audio and Javs DACs are confirmed for compatibility.

the new Oppomod card that does DoP    http://www.oppomod.com

it works just as well or better than the PS Audio, and IMHO better than the old Audiopraise VANITY HD 103 cards (which you can no longer buy)  yes its $380 USD, but if you already have a really good external DAC like the Chord, or the Holo Audio    https://magnahifi.com/brand/holo-audio/

then you really cannot go wrong - thank you Oppomod :-)

HR PCM/DoP Board - $380

This board replaces the existing OPPO 203/103 analog DAC board to transmit pure high resolution PCM and SACD/DSD signal through coaxial (or AES/EBU type balanced) output.

You can enjoy high resolution 192Khz 24-bit PCM audio in BLU/DVD without the Oppo's restriction to 48Khz 16-bit downsampling. It also delivers SACD/DSD signal (as DoP: DSD over PCM) directly to external DAC's which have coaxial input enabled DoP functions.

It essentially functions like the now discontinued Vanity HD board.

Normally in order to use the DoP function, there was no other choice execpt using a USB port on notebook computer. But notebooks have a lot of EMI/EMC noise as a source device.