IGNORED

Problem with JRMC 19

Hi folks. I've been using JRMC 19 since it came out & have had few problems. I know there's a new version out but I haven't gotten around to checking it out yet. I also know that development of 19 has stopped. Anyway, my problem..

Due to a recent family tragedy (my Dad died) I've not been listening to music much lately. But that's over & I've taken delivery of a new amp (Project Ember Mk2) and so have fired up JRMC 19 for duty. The thing is it now refuses to shut down without me force quitting. Every time I have to do that & it's extremely annoying. Nothing else in my system has changed & it's obviously not the amp causing the problem. I'm suspecting it's possibly due to a Yosemite update but there's no way to roll back to find out.

Has anyone else encountered this problem & if so did you manage to fix it. I'm loathe to spend the money on upgrading to 20 just to find the problem is still there.

Any help is much appreciated,

Gordon.

There are those forum members that are far more knowledgeable than I am but I recently had a problem with JRMC and it was solved by uninstalling and reinstalling it. This could be the first thing to try

+1 .. good idea.

solrighal, FWIW, I'm still using 19 (no interest in 20) with Mavericks and without issue. Yosemite wreaked havoc with my audio system but fortunately I was able to roll back to Mavericks. Yosemite has been great for some and terrible for others (no rhyme or reason). Good luck.

Thanks guys. Yeah, re-installing looks like it might be my only option.I had read of problems with Yosemite but decided to take the risk and install it. I had no adverse effects initially until now. Perhaps repairing disk permissions might help or at least rule out some possibilities. I'll keep this thread updated for the benefit of others.

Gordon.

Is there a way to uninstall & re-install without losing my custom views? I can't even remember how I went about configuring those views in the first place so doing it again will be a pain.

Also, will I need a new registration key or whatever?

Thanks guys,

Gordon.

I believe that your custom views will have to be reconfigured.

After you uninstall it you should have the file that you downloaded somewhere in your computer where you keep your downloads. You can install it from there by double clicking on it. I did not need a new registration key.

Well I downloaded & installed JRMC 20 & it shuts down with no problems. Other than that it's identical so there's no way I'm paying more money to this company. It's already uninstalled. Which is a problem of course because everything else on Mac costs money too. Except for Vox & Cog but they both sound noticeably worse than JRiver. Infuriating!

Well I downloaded & installed JRMC 20 & it shuts down with no problems. Other than that it's identical so there's no way I'm paying more money to this company. It's already uninstalled. Which is a problem of course because everything else on Mac costs money too. Except for Vox & Cog but they both sound noticeably worse than JRiver. Infuriating!

When you uninstall it should give you the option to keep or delete your config files. Just make sure you keep them (or back them up before deleting) then re-install.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got it behaving as it should! I re-installed 19 from the link above but the first time I tried it the same problem was there. Then I realized there must be some hidden files somewhere so I found those & deleted them. Then I re-installed and it's working now.

I still have one wee problem and it's that the EOS app won't recognize one of my custom views. No idea why not. I've re-installed the app on my phone & it sees the Mac but just not this one particular view.