IGNORED

Manage HQPlayer playlist from Foobar2000

bogi

satbaba, I am getting your result if I am starting SendToHQPlayer.bat instead of the shortcut.

Are you sure you are starting your SendToHQP shortcut and NOT the SendToHQPlayer.bat script directly?

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks a lot bogi ,

I am listening and enjoying now with Meier Crossfeed plug-in and ramdisk .

with headphone . HQPlayer , Meier and Ramdisk is beautiful for headphone.

I'm sending to HQPlayer easily and converting flac files to wav files..

• 7 months later...

For users of SendToHQP (known to me are zmck, OpusOne, satbaba):

1) New HQPlayer 3.14

In the case you upgraded or plan to upgrade HQPlayer to 3.14 and if you are running 64bit Windows: Default installation folder of HQPlayer changed

from C:\Program Files (x86)\Signalyst\HQPlayer Desktop 3

to C:\Program Files\Signalyst\HQPlayer Desktop 3

Adapt the 2nd line of the script.

2) Alternative to shortcuts

It seems only zmck succeeded to setup the shortcuts as proposed in the setup guide. I found nice alternative solution - to add buttons to foobar2000 interface. This alternative solution requires very small script modification (in 2 lines) and some manual configuration in foobar2000 environment, briefly:

- install foobar2000: Components Repository - Run Services

- configure it to run the same command lines as your shortcuts do

- define new buttons to launch the configured commands (right click of any playback control button > Customize buttons ...)

If you are interested in this alternative let me know.

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500
For users of SendToHQP (known to me are zmck, OpusOne, satbaba):

1) New HQPlayer 3.14

In the case you upgraded or plan to upgrade HQPlayer to 3.14 and if you are running 64bit Windows: Default installation folder of HQPlayer changed

from C:\Program Files (x86)\Signalyst\HQPlayer Desktop 3

to C:\Program Files\Signalyst\HQPlayer Desktop 3

Adapt the 2nd line of the script.

2) Alternative to shortcuts

It seems only zmck succeeded to setup the shortcuts as proposed in the setup guide. I found nice alternative solution - to add buttons to foobar2000 interface. This alternative solution requires very small script modification (in 2 lines) and some manual configuration in foobar2000 environment, briefly:

- install foobar2000: Components Repository - Run Services

- configure it to run the same command lines as your shortcuts do

- define new buttons to launch the configured commands (right click of any playback control button > Customize buttons ...)

If you are interested in this alternative let me know.

I use STHQP too - albeit it doesn't work for me in Win 7, while it works on 10.

I'd be interested and grateful to know more about the foobar button alternative - I use the DarkOne skin though...

Thank you Bogi!

I use STHQP too - albeit it doesn't work for me in Win 7, while it works on 10.

I'd be interested and grateful to know more about the foobar button alternative - I use the DarkOne skin though...

Thank you Bogi!

tranfa, good to know you are another tool user.

When you right click of any playback control button, can you choose 'Customize buttons ...' from the context menu? You can try to add a button even without any function and then remove it. If it is applicable to your skin, I can create a few pictures and add a short description.

I documented the new optional feature here:

Add buttons to foobar2000 to execute external commands

Supporting buttons required very small change in the script.

So here is updated SendToHQP version 1.03

Notes:

- Don't forget to adapt HQPlayer installation folder in the 2nd line of the script if you upgraded from HQPlayer version 3.13 or older to version 3.14 or newer.

- You have to adapt the new 5th line of the script according to location of your SendToHQP folder (the folder where SendToHQPlayer script and other tools it uses were collected).

tranfa, good to know you are another tool user.

When you right click of any playback control button, can you choose 'Customize buttons ...' from the context menu? You can try to add a button even without any function and then remove it. If it is applicable to your skin, I can create a few pictures and add a short description.

Noe, I just have "Properties" and "Configure", which brings me to the configurations attached....which goes beyond my coding skills - albeit I understant it should be the place for the changes you've in mind...

Cobf.txt

tranfa, I loaded some MP3s to foobar2000 playlist and on one album I found a case that 2 tracks are converted to RAM disk, but then they are deleted from it and don't appear in the destination playlist. If only such problematic files are selected in foobar2000, then destination playlist is not created.

I found the reason. SendToHQP is checking lengths of original tracks and their converted versions in RAM disk. That check is necessary, because foobar2000 converter creates incomplete tracks in the case of insufficient space in RAM disk. Such files are automatically deleted by SendToHQP.

In the case of 2 problematic MP3 tracks the WAV version in RAM disk reports length about 1 sec shorter than the original MP3 version, although the conversion was successful.

file length-orig.txt:

01-1. Za dverami mojej izby/5:01

02-2. Vecna/3:46

03-3. Domaca uloha/3:52

04-4. Uz sme davno v obraze/4:24

05-5. Polnocne stopy/4:43

06-6. Cierny pasazier/3:58

07-7. 4 tony, 1 gram/4:51

08-8. Siroty vlastnych deti/5:05

09-9. Banka krasnych strat/3:47

10-10. Zabudanie/3:45

11-11. Vsetko sa raz konci/4:04

12-12. Najkrajsie zvonenie/1:32

file length-dest.txt

01-1. Za dverami mojej izby/5:00

02-2. Vecna/3:45

See the lengths of the first two songs ... You can check if you are facing with the same issue.

Maybe the script could ignore 1 sec difference. It's not impossible, but very improbable that just the last second would be missing because of insufficient RAM disk space.

tranfa, I loaded some MP3s to foobar2000 playlist and on one album I found a case that 2 tracks are converted to RAM disk, but then they are deleted from it and don't appear in the destination playlist. If only such problematic files are selected in foobar2000, then destination playlist is not created.

I found the reason. SendToHQP is checking lengths of original tracks and their converted versions in RAM disk. That check is necessary, because foobar2000 converter creates incomplete tracks in the case of insufficient space in RAM disk. Such files are automatically deleted by SendToHQP.

In the case of 2 problematic MP3 tracks the WAV version in RAM disk reports length about 1 sec shorter than the original MP3 version, although the conversion was successful.

file length-orig.txt:

01-1. Za dverami mojej izby/5:01

02-2. Vecna/3:46

file length-dest.txt

01-1. Za dverami mojej izby/5:00

02-2. Vecna/3:45

See the lengths of the first two songs ... You can check if you are facing with the same issue.

Maybe the script could ignore 1 sec difference. It's not impossible, but very improbable that just the last second would be missing because of insufficient RAM disk space.

I guess it's even more complicated....

I tried to go on the path you suggested.

I increased the RAM disk size to 4GB, and tried to load only 1 file (usual mp3 dimensions).

Nope: it wasn't being loaded, albeit it was converted, and in the TXT files I couldn't see any duration mismatch.

Then, I realized that the 3 files I'm unable ot load are withot metadata for the Tracknumber.

Ok, I told myself: let's see if adding the Tracknumber anything changes.

Unfortunately the file wasn't loaded anyway, also after having added a tracknumber in the metadata.

But, guess what? Now the TXT files presented a second of duration mismatch between before and after...!!

I tried the way back: deleting the metadata, going in the previous state.

No load as well, but the TXT files didn't present any duration mismatch.

So, my hypothesys here is that there's something in the absence (and addition) of metadata that creates the impossibility of loading the files, or the duration mismatch...

Not sure if it's helpful to anyone, but I tried... :)

Then, I realized that the 3 files I'm unable ot load are withot metadata for the Tracknumber.

The same conclusion I found before I was going to sleep. I checked the code and found that tracknumber is the only metadata the script is using.

Why tracknumber is used:

I wanted to add support for albums with CUE sheet. Such albums typically don't have metadata embedded in media files itself. foobar2000 then refers the CUE sheet as the file which was loaded, not the media file. So when the script is asking for loaded filename it returns the same CUE sheet pathname for each album track.

Now the script needs to store tracks in RAM disk as individual files. The script could ask for title names of individual tracks, but then

a) it would require that each track has metadata filled in some way (embedded or CUE sheet or in foobar2000 media library like in the case of SACD ISO files)

b)because of language specific characters these track names could bring troubles in creating filenames.

Therefore I decided to take the CUE sheet file name as basis. It already exists as filename so I don't need to worry if it's name is suitable as filename. The CUE sheet file name is preceeded by track number to distinguish between tracks.

This solution works well for properly tagged albums, but as you. I also found some exceptions in the case of MP3 files. But as I am using MP3's only exceptionally and this issue is very rare in my collection, I didn't found as efficient to invest effort into this.

So ... the tool really uses track number metadata. If it is missing, foo_texttools places ? character on the place of tracknumber and foobar2000 builtin converter simply omits it during conversion when creating destination filenames. That leads to the result that the converted file is not found by the script.

Your observation with a second difference when track number is added is crazy but interesting. I will look at possibilities not to use tracknumber. I would like if the solution wouldn't be dependent on metadata.

BTW, all this reminds me the discussions where people were witnessing listening differences depending on the presence / absence of metadata...not sure how this ended, nor willing to take any side on these "belief" kind of discussions, but just finding a parallel here.

• 1 month later...
It uses foobar2000 ... I don't know about OSX version

It's possible to use foobar2000 on OSX with Crossover or Wine.

My problem is that HQPlayer can't manage CUE files. I have many single files associated with CUEs, so I'd like to find a workaround (but not to split all the files).