IGNORED

Question about iFI IDSD DAC/iUSBPower and Non laptop device

Hi Fellas!

Seems myself and another fella (Jim) both are experiencing issues with getting music out of our IDSD DAC/iUSBPower and we are both trying to solve the problem. I did notice he and I are both using windows products on a non laptop product. I have a HP desk top purposes for a music computer only running, w8.1 and he has C.A.P.S. Music computer running w7. I'm just wondering if any here run a non laptop product with w8 or win7 and have experienced any issues?

Thanks.

_slippers-

W10/i5/ Jriver/Fidelizer Optimizer ~ iFI iUSB 3.0 ~ iFi Micro iDSD DAC ~ Vincent SA-T1 tube preamp ~ Vincent SP - 331 MK tube power amp ~ Canton Vento 830.2 Speakers ~ Analysis Plus Solo Crystal Copper interconnects ~ Triode Wire Labs Speaker cables ~ Triode wire Labs Power Cords.

Hi Slippers,

I do have a desktop with an old ASUS mobo and an Intel 6850 Core 2 Duo (from 2008) + 8GB ram, with Win 7 Pro... All is well with the iUSB and the Micro iDSD. I use it for PCM, have used the USB 3 blue cable and the USB 2 cable that come with the Micro iDSD. The USB cable that ties the iUSB to the desktop is a "no name" cable. I use the iDSD with headphones for the moment.

I have read the different tests you did on the other thread and can't see what is wrong... I would have suggested to test this on another PC (may it be a laptop or a desktop), but since someone else has experienced that exact same problem with a different PC and another version of Windows, I can't really suggest anything better...

Alain

Thanks Alain....

I hope to get this thing figured out soon.

W10/i5/ Jriver/Fidelizer Optimizer ~ iFI iUSB 3.0 ~ iFi Micro iDSD DAC ~ Vincent SA-T1 tube preamp ~ Vincent SP - 331 MK tube power amp ~ Canton Vento 830.2 Speakers ~ Analysis Plus Solo Crystal Copper interconnects ~ Triode Wire Labs Speaker cables ~ Triode wire Labs Power Cords.