IGNORED

Yamaha ns-pf7 (little gems)

It is not so easy or better there is not on line more additional information about these little gems from users.

If you have find it, anyway...best for us!

I have wrote "gems" and not "bijoux" because the real difference in this analogism you have to mean is "plastic" vs "diamonds"!

Yamaha's little diamonds are not made with standard woods, standard drivers and using common projects: here you find a serious and dedicated project (nearly impossible to find these days...for... a desktop speaker) that is unbeliavable when you are in front of: only a big company with a research development can make it, I think.

The magnesium driver and the custom furniture (yes, it is!) describtion you can read by clicking the link.

http://www.yamaha.co.jp/product/av/prd/speaker/ns-pf7/index.html

Desktop, I wrote.

You are free to belive me or not, of course, when I say that with jazz music, classical and easy listening stuff, you are listening to a real speaker: great image and deep; (but this is enough easy for a little driver...) the concrete immersion "in the Music" is another advantage made from the neutrality and the uncolored taste: for sure, the new materials...

Next step after the K1000 (AKG well known headphone), the next step after the BBC 3/5 in some point of view!

Two positions (with a screw) are possible: I have found the best when you are 1,5/2 meters (about 0,70 inch?) from it and when you use the driver not direct to your face, better in the range of 1 meter from a rear wall to inforce the bass region.

Audiophile way, yes it is ;-) Yes they are!

Not valve or smooth amplifiers, they are searching watts with energy, they need some opamp (gainclone?) well done or some D class from the best ones; all perfect? No: rock-metal music is not here welcome, this is "normal" to understand for the people like me that are always with the hand on the BBC 3/5a and audiophile gear that are not good for all at the end.

In comparision to another brilliant and not so known speaker, the Technics SBM-01 (out of stock) the Yamaha are better focused and more neutral, with a magician medium band: remember that Yamaha is taken the difficult way to minisized the cabinet, (they are tall like a compact disc!!!) not reflex system and the loudspeaker is in a monoway range; in some moments I remember the best fostex...in some...

Certanly, I loved the Technics and after listened to these it is easy for me to write that Technics are more easly to drive, but here there is more "audiophile stuff", that is sure!

Talking about "bucks"...

600 street price but... you find it in some store at the "reasonable" price of 300: nobody are very interested about, and so the price will fall down...

A big salute from Italy and sorry for (again) my poor English.

Luca

1stSYS...[iPad with MPaD like remote]Auraliti PK100(HD 1Tb W.D.)=>W4S dac1=>Megahertz audio integrated valve OTL amplifier=>SonyMDR-10(the King)headphone.[br]2ndSYS...iMac w/iTunes=>HRTstreamer II=>Adam A5 powered speakers.

@Chris:

I suppose Yamaha sells worldwide...

Cherry is the wood...

@TOTim

Yeah!(that's a good way, but the speakers are desktop, not "table" kind)

Bye ;-)

1stSYS...[iPad with MPaD like remote]Auraliti PK100(HD 1Tb W.D.)=>W4S dac1=>Megahertz audio integrated valve OTL amplifier=>SonyMDR-10(the King)headphone.[br]2ndSYS...iMac w/iTunes=>HRTstreamer II=>Adam A5 powered speakers.

Actually Luca I was saying that in your photo I also like the bottles of liquid "accessories" inside your rack beside the wall. I very much enjoy a little Rosso di Montalcino along with my audiophile quality music!

A presto,

Tim

(OT) mode on:

you are a connoisseur, Tim,: a real audiophile man ;-)

I am in a more north-east "wine-zone", where the "cabernet", the "merlot", the "pinot" the "riesling" born. Maybe one day I will try the Post to USA, eh eh eh... "Alla salute!" (Cin-Cin).

(OT) mode off:

The manual says 70 Hz - 45 kHz, not the 70-20 that appear on line...