IGNORED

Music for testing Audio Equipment

• 2 weeks later...
On August 7, 2015 at 7:35 PM, Milan said:

from wikipedia;

But that's alot of compression, good song and performance though.

On August 8, 2015 at 6:16 PM, RPM said:

I agree, but its a very good mix and with volume a nice low end kick.

I also just Love her voice so I may be biased on this one...lol

I'm not a fan of over-dynamic compression myself, but are you guys kidding?

That McVie song breeeathes in comparison to pop material thirty years newer!  

• 2 weeks later...

2 of the one mic albums have won the album of the year award at NativeDSD.

SOUND LIAISON has put both albums on special offer during the holidays.

And along the way it seems that slowly the critics are starting to agree with manny people on this forum that this way of recording is really creating a superb listening experience.

“This ensemble proves that this repertoire has lost none of its luster. The simply fabulous recording quality is a benchmark for the possibilities of current recording technology. It is a new benchmark. .” — Jazzenzo 

Voet’s guitar and van Kooten’s violin playing truly swings with Brouwer and Stevens laying down a solid foundation for each selection.  This is musical playing at its best with sound quality to match. If you need an album that shows off the One Microphone Recording style, this could be the ticket.”

— Brian Moura, NativeDSD Technical Advisor

On 6/17/2019 at 1:27 AM, PAP said:

Yes and they keep going;

spacer.pnghttps://www.soundliaison.com/index.php/515-reinier-voet-ballade-pour-la-nuit

Superb image and realism.

On 2/5/2019 at 8:58 PM, oso said:

Amazing that one microphone is able to do this. Superb placement and depth. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2019 at 12:39 AM, The_K-Man said:

I'm not a fan of over-dynamic compression myself, but are you guys kidding?

That McVie song breeeathes in comparison to pop material thirty years newer!  

Yes and the compression is done very musical. Kick drum and bass guitar sounds so fat.

• 2 weeks later...

I wrote & Recorded a track in Classic Rock Style That I would really like fellow audiophiles thoughts on.

I intended for punchy drums and mix clarity, not necessarily over the top on the Guitars, and even bass 

throughout. any thoughts appreciated!....Thanks! ....Ray

MacMini > Audirvana Plus > Musical Fidelity V Dac 2 >

Emotiva XSP-1 > Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2 > Ascend Sierra Towers NRT >

Rythmik F12SE > :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2020 at 7:00 PM, oso said:

Yes and the compression is done very musical. Kick drum and bass guitar sounds so fat.

nothing wrong with compression if it is done to enhance an instrument. i.e we all love the sound of tape saturation and tape compression.

20 hours ago, biosailor said:

John Coltrane ‘58. The Prestige Recordings (high res) isn‘t too bad at Qobuz https://www.qobuz.com/ch-de/album/coltrane-58-the-prestige-recordings-john-coltrane/w3v0gzcgneavc

I quite enjoy it in my system.

Thanks, your link goes to the 24/96 version which I tried and didn't like much, the 24/192 sounds good though IMO:

https://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/album/coltrane-58-the-prestige-recordings-john-coltrane/w3v0gzcgneavc

• 3 weeks later...
On February 8, 2020 at 5:12 AM, Rexp said:

Thanks, your link goes to the 24/96 version which I tried and didn't like much, the 24/192 sounds good though IMO:

https://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/album/coltrane-58-the-prestige-recordings-john-coltrane/w3v0gzcgneavc

Just remember, any difference you hear between the 24/96 and the 24/192 is 90% attributable to the mixing and/or mastering of each.

On 2/29/2020 at 4:23 PM, The_K-Man said:

Just remember, any difference you hear between the 24/96 and the 24/192 is 90% attributable to the mixing and/or mastering of each.

I believe the most important factor is how the source was recorded. The DXD recordings mentioned in this thread are superior in SQ to all my other recordings.

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 2:23 AM, The_K-Man said:

Barry Diament disagrees with that. He says that 24/192 gets very close to what he hears through his microphone feed, and is virtually indistinguishable. This is why all his recent recordings are 24/192 , not 24/96 of the earlier recordings

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think I can hear a difference between 352 and 96 but the Sound Liaison DXD recordings seems even more impressive than their 24/96 .

Compare the 2 Witmer trio recordings;

spacer.png DXD vs 24/96 spacer.png

That would suggests that when recording in DXD there are benefits.

Still sounding pretty good....here is an ''oldie'' recorded by mastering engineer Bob Katz, ... using the 128x oversampling A to D Mark III and Mark IV converters with ultra analogue modules and vacuum tube equipment.

Still the SQ, Frans de Rond achieves on the Witmer Trio is better but the Bob Katz recording of Fred Hersh was done 25 years ago, so pretty impressive.