IGNORED

Music for testing Audio Equipment

It says a large Glass in the article, something like this?

PE067_15_Woman_holding_blue_large_glass_vase.jpg

That'll do for starters.

MacMini 8Gb OSX > Pure Music / Bitperfect / Amarra / iTunes > Synology DS215J NAS > Schiit Wyrd > Stello U3 > Naim Uniti Atom, Harbeth P3ESR. Meier Corda Arietta Headphone Amp > Sennhieser HD650 Phones (Cardas rewire). Isol-8 Powerline Axis. Isotek GII Orion Power Conditioner. Cardas Clear USB Cable. Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cable. All other cables by Mark Grant.

Vinyl still has it's place. Technics SL1200. Modified with Mike New Bearing, KAB Strobe Disable, MCRU 2 box PSU, Isonoe Feet, SME M2-9 Tonearm > Goldring 2400 >Rothwell Simplex Phonostage.

PAP, great thread, would like to see more reference favs.. The HDtracks 192/24 Cassandra Wilson can be better if your system renders files better than it can play a CD.. I use the 192/24 Harvest Moon track for percussion soundstage as reference.

Also, I have been auditioning cables this past month using two files in particular:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18516[/ATTACH]

Track 2, "We Found Love", and Track 8, "Bang Bang", both offer extreme cello edge strike and decay information with Bang Bang offering subtle yet spectacular cello and voice renditions.

The other File is Jacintha: Autumn Leaves, "Moon River" for amazing vocal and piano rendition. [ATTACH=CONFIG]18517[/ATTACH]

Thanks. Did you feel that the definition in the low is better on the 192/24 version compared to the CD?

On the other hand I think they intended to make this a dark recording, and did not want anything to be clearly defined.

I love that album but it is not an album I would use as an example of audiophile perfection. But if you say that there is a great improvement in the 192 version without it losing that lovely ''gloomy'' overall sound I will go ahead and buy it.

Thanks. Did you feel that the definition in the low is better on the 192/24 version compared to the CD?

On the other hand I think they intended to make this a dark recording, and did not want anything to be clearly defined.

I love that album but it is not an album I would use as an example of audiophile perfection. But if you say that there is a great improvement in the 192 version without it losing that lovely ''gloomy'' overall sound I will go ahead and buy it.

I owned and loved the CD so much I bought the 24/192 which draws you onto the soundstage more. The percussion bells, etc on "Harvest Moon" track draw you on to the stage with space and air depending on your gear. The track's darkness seems to open up and presents a scene of fireflies at night. Cassandra's weight and serious presentation is preserved and remains her MO which serves her well. Certain tracks like Lawrence Juber's "Leaning Post" on Guitar Noir, may become a reference for one well miked instrument. 2Cello's "BangBang" cello on their Initiation LP, or Jacintha's piano mid track on "Moon River", from her Autumn Leaves LP are prime.

1.AsusROG750SSD/JRiver22>LightHarmonics-LightspeedUSB> PSAudioDSD+Huron/AnalysisPlus PowerOval10+ AnalysisPlus Solo Crystal In's >PASS Labs HPA-1 headphone amp-AnalysisPlus UltimatePowerCord/BlackDragonV2-AudezeLCD-X

PAP, Yes, there's a low end that became more audibly pronounced, but changed as i auditioned different cables.

1.AsusROG750SSD/JRiver22>LightHarmonics-LightspeedUSB> PSAudioDSD+Huron/AnalysisPlus PowerOval10+ AnalysisPlus Solo Crystal In's >PASS Labs HPA-1 headphone amp-AnalysisPlus UltimatePowerCord/BlackDragonV2-AudezeLCD-X

It says a large Glass in the article, something like this?

PE067_15_Woman_holding_blue_large_glass_vase.jpg

and here is some more to help prevent hearing loss;

• Enjoy fish twice per week to reduce your chance of age-related hearing loss. Fatty acids that are found in fish can improve blood flow to your ears, which can protect them from hearing loss.

• A healthy snack such as an apple contains antioxidants that can fight the free radical damage that can damage your hearing.
  • Fortified cereals can help to reduce inflammation as they contain the mineral zinc.

Red wine prevent hearing problems | OverSixty

had to google translate...i didnt say it was my taste...i said i use it to sell subwoofers (grin).

I personally like jazz and chill and occasional classical and rock.

This is more along my taste

The Astounding Eyes Of Rita, by Anouar Brahem

https://vimeo.com/31297927

Here is a brand new one, a bit the same kind of mood.

Incredible SQ;

Hoes300shadow.jpgSound Liaison Music Shop

As long as music has existed it has been known to have spiritual and even healing powers.

The group Space Master Silence was started as a musical search party, traveling headfirst into the uncharted land of music, emotion and spirit.

The music on this album introduces a relative new instrument, the PANArt hang, an instrument with unique sonic qualities.

"Being a percussionist and a drummer I always approached rhythm in a very melodious way. When I encountered the Hang in 2000 in Bern, Switzerland, I suddenly had a percussive instrument with nine different notes, together creating a scale. Every Hang is unique and has its own scale and sound quality.The Hang embodies all three important elements of music. By playing with different techniques it is possible to create harmonies as well as melodies through this very rhythm based instrument. While traveling and performing I learned about the effect the instrument has on people all over the world. The sound quality of the PanArt Hang is healing, trance inducing, meditative, inspiring, mesmerising, spacious, soothing, erotic, consoling, deepening and exciting."

~Joshua Samson

Here is a brand new one, a bit the same kind of mood.

Incredible SQ;

Hoes300shadow.jpgSound Liaison Music Shop

Now I do love the PANArt hang. Very good to get in to trascendental meditation...!

With this great undistorted SQ my only fear was not being able to get out of deep meditation, but because in my country we are in the season of giant thunderstorms a powerful lightning brought me to reality faster than I wanted.

Roch

Now I do love the PANArt hang. Very good to get in to trascendental meditation...!

Hoes200shadowv2.jpghttp://www.soundliaison.com/

With this great undistorted SQ my only fear was not being able to get out of deep meditation, but because in my country we are in the season of giant thunderstorms a powerful lightning brought me to reality faster than I wanted.

Roch

I am not into meditation but I guess I have always used listening to music as my quiet sanctuary. I agree with you that this music really draws you in.

It brings me in a kind of meditative state of mind.

Very pleasant indeed.

And I do love the sound of Andre Heuvelmans trumpet, heavenly!

Roch

+1

had to google translate...i didnt say it was my taste...i said i use it to sell subwoofers (grin).

I personally like jazz and chill and occasional classical and rock.

Hey Mike what do you use to TEST your low end ? Any chance you would post a few suggestions?:)