IGNORED

Music for testing Audio Equipment

I think it is a great idea :-) the fact that is not just "super hires audio sounds", but music that is selected because it's musical value.

Good idea. The reality is that these great recordings sound good on most systems.

Over half my collection sounds amazing. Taj Mahal Honky Tonk Woman from 50 years ago sounds great. Frank Sinatra at the sands sounds great. Nat King Cole sounds great. Eva Cassidy, Eagles, Mark Knopler, Dave Grusin., Bob Dylan Oh Mercy.....Literally over a thousand of my albums sound absolutely fantastic. The loudness wars ruined quite a lot of the more recent stuff and others are just badly recorded.

Frankly a stress test like the Sheffield Labs Drum Test recordings is hard to beat. Crank it to 110 SPL continuous at the crescendos at the listening position and you can separate the men from the boys. It should not sound harsh. It should sound like the drummer is in the room with you. The kick should be felt as well as heard while remaining punchy and not boomy. This will tell you if the system can properly produce the full range of recordings & instruments without distorting. Add then a few tracks as you suggest or music to taste and you can test the balance of the sound across the frequency range as well as the imaging.