IGNORED

Looking for Mini-ITX MB for CAPS build

Yet another thread.

I am giving up on a recent build I started using the Asrock Q1900DC-ITX motherboard. I spent a week trying to install windows 8.1 with no luck. I cannot tell you how many tests(Hard drive, ram) and various installs I tried. I became intimately familiar with UEFI etc.

anyway,

Here is what I need. A MB with no fan, mini-itx size, and not from Asrock!

My previous thread....

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f10-music-servers/computer-audiophile-pocket-server-v3-upgrade-question-24109/

Since then I bought the Samsung 850 evo 120 GB SSD and

G.SKILL 4GB RAM 204-Pin DDR3 SO-DIMM DDR3 1333

I also bought the HD Plex 100w Linear power supply.

Any help is much appreciated!

Yet another thread.

I am giving up on a recent build I started using the Asrock Q1900DC-ITX motherboard. I spent a week trying to install windows 8.1 with no luck. I cannot tell you how many tests(Hard drive, ram) and various installs I tried. I became intimately familiar with UEFI etc.

anyway,

Here is what I need. A MB with no fan, mini-itx size, and not from Asrock!

My previous thread....

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f10-music-servers/computer-audiophile-pocket-server-v3-upgrade-question-24109/

Since then I bought the Samsung 850 evo 120 GB SSD and

G.SKILL 4GB RAM 204-Pin DDR3 SO-DIMM DDR3 1333

I also bought the HD Plex 100w Linear power supply.

Any help is much appreciated!

Gigabyte GA-Q87N. If you put a Intel i5 with vPro support on it this board will give you Intel AMT. That means you can run the PC completely headless, including the BIOS. It would make for a "poor man's" CAPS v4. Just verify your CPU selection. Haswell refresh CPUs require a BIOS update on the MoBo, so you need a MoBo with the correct BIOS version or get a cheap CPU to just update the BIOS before you install the iCore.

Synology DS214+ with MinimServer --> Ethernet --> Sonore mRendu / SOtM SMS-200 --> Chord Hugo --> Chord interconnects --> Naim NAP 200--> Chord speaker cable --> Focal Aria 948

Gigabyte GA-Q87N. If you put a Intel i5 with vPro support on it this board will give you Intel AMT.

That won't be fanless unless you choose a heatsink case though...

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

That won't be fanless unless you choose a heatsink case though...

True. Then again, he went with a HD-Plex LPSU, so he knows where to get a fanless case :-) Streacom could be an alternative.

Synology DS214+ with MinimServer --> Ethernet --> Sonore mRendu / SOtM SMS-200 --> Chord Hugo --> Chord interconnects --> Naim NAP 200--> Chord speaker cable --> Focal Aria 948

Bigbwb,

Strange that you have problem to install Windows on Asrock Q1900DC-ITX motherboard I got 4 machines built on this MB and all working also soundwise great btw. Flash latest BIOS and everything should be ok! Otherwise try to exchange the board by your dealer if is to be defective.

I spent a week screwing around with it, its going back to Newegg. Its possible it was defective. I just figured I would try a different route.

This MB worked out very well for me. Gigabyte GA-J1900N-D3V

81tZKicmyeL._SL1000_.jpg

My Dedicated 2CH System Gallery

Custom C.A.P.S. Reference Music Server with UpTone Audio JS-2 External Linear Power Supply > Bel Canto REFLink Asynchronous USB Converter > AT&T ST Optical Glass Fiber > Bel Canto DAC3.7 DAC > Pass Labs XP-20 Preamp > Pass Labs XA160.5 Class A Mono Blocks > Martin Logan Summit X Speakers