IGNORED

Definative Jazz Vinyl

I am by no means a Jazz expert, and I am only just getting into vinyl. I think I want modern pressings and 180gram (tell me if Im wrong), and wanted to know what versions to get of the following records:

Kind of Blue

Bitches Brew

Sketches of Spain

Thanks!

Benchmark HGC DAC2 / Ncore NC400 / Anthony Gallo Strada 2 / Anthony Gallo TR-3D Sub / Van Damme 6mm Speaker Cable

for Kind of Blue try to find classic records issue or wait for mfsl issue to come out. it should come out soon. Bitches Brew and Sketches of Spain also mfsl vinyl is recommended

Is that this?

Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab Inc.| Audiophile Vinyl, CD, SACD

Why are they so good?

Benchmark HGC DAC2 / Ncore NC400 / Anthony Gallo Strada 2 / Anthony Gallo TR-3D Sub / Van Damme 6mm Speaker Cable

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

• 2 weeks later...

You'll be waiting forever for the MoFi Kind Of Blue. While you wait, spend $20 on the recent mono reissue, it's fantastic and the best vinyl version you can buy for the money.

Bill

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

Mac Mini->Roon + Tidal->KEF LS50W

Beware of the many european public domain reissues, like Waxtime, Jazzwax and other such specialized labels. They offer plenty of popular pre-1963 jazz albums on LP (1963 is the limit year of public domain in Europe, after the recent reform).

These are cheap in Europe but sometimes sold at "audiophile" prices as imports in the US. The pressing quality may be good, but the LPs are usually mastered from CDs, as the label has no access to master tapes.

Claude