IGNORED

"New" Paul Simon titles at HDT, Pono, AS

just posted this in its own thread, but thought i'd drop this here as well:

I recently downloaded some Hi-Res Paul Simon releases and am troubled by what I think may be false advertisement..

Are these true / native 96/24? After listening, I think these are encoded at 96/24 but actually 44/24. These sound like they were taken from a CD quality master - not remastered from the original master tape.. wondering if you all had listened per chance? If so - let me know your thoughts - thanks

Pono: https://www.ponomusic.com/ccrz__CCPa...864c9832753b9e

7Digital: https://us.7digital.com/artist/paul-simon/release/the-rhythm-of-the-saints/

Acoustic Sounds: http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/10...24bit_Download

It's strange because HDtacks doesn't even have these titles..

I have no issue with the original WB Paul Simon CDs. I struggle to think of an artist less in need of so called 'Hi Res' editions unless you really are desparate to waste cash.

Audirvana Plus/Dirac Live - Weiss 202 - Lavardin IT-15 - Art Emotion Signatures.  DragonFly Red - Sennheiser HD600s & IE800s.

I have no issue with the original WB Paul Simon CDs. I struggle to think of an artist less in need of so called 'Hi Res' editions unless you really are desparate to waste cash.

I concur whole heartedly. Same may be said about Stevie Wonder and quality recordings. Same may be said of Holly Cole. I could go on but I have already used up my OT daily quotient.

Enjoy the music,

Richard

I concur whole heartedly. Same may be said about Stevie Wonder and quality recordings. Same may be said of Holly Cole. I could go on but I have already used up my OT daily quotient.

Enjoy the music,

Richard

Part II

Disclosure, notwithstanding my last post at this thread, I did take advantage of the 15% discount and purchased 3 HiRes DLs by Paul Simon from the list of new additions to HDtracks.com.

I concur with Steve and given my new relationship with HQP 3.7.1 on a part time basis as I never lost that loving feeling for AS3.0.3 with iRC, I was also curious to transcode Paul Simon in PCM to DSD for comparison purposes and to familiarize myself with HQP and different presentations of the same music manipulating through software the output. A fool's errand? Perhaps.

Like Steve articulated, whenever I purchased a Paul Simon redbook CD, I could instantly appreciate the finer production qualities which I attributed to Paul Simon's values for production, perhaps similarly as Tom Petty, Wonders of Stevie Wonder etc.

I am done,

Richard

I downloaded "There Goes Rhymin' Simon" & "Still Crazy After all These Years" from HDTracks. I have had "There Goes Rhymin' Simon" since it came out on vinyl, Australian CD and my last cd copy was the Blu-Spec (2004?) version from CD Japan. For a fair comparison, I have ripped the Blu-Spec CD version to my external hard drive which is connected directly to my Auralic Aries and compared this to the downloaded version. At first, I thought it sounded a bit laid back, but by half way through the album I realised how natural it sounded (both voices & instruments) and still with great detail. On Loves Me Like a Rock when one of the backing singers sings the lead in with "Arha-arha, That's that's the groove" it sounds like he is in the room. Never heard it that good before. I have since deleted the Blu-Spec copy from the hard drive.