IGNORED

Wondering if Acoustic Sounds has an exclusive with Roger Waters' High Def release

I see Acoustic Sounds will be releasing a remastered high-def version of RG's "Amused To Death." I would love to see HDTracks make that one available, but I wonder if A/S has an exclusive with RG....as I believe I read that they do have an exclusive with the Pink Floyd reissues...?

Been hoping for this one myself, but yeah, definitely not holding my breath.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

The Amused to Death release has been on the cards for probably more than 2 years now; I cancelled my pre-order about 6 months ago so don't hold your breath !

It is scheduled for release on Hybrid Multichannel SACD on July 24th. The waiting is about to end. :)

The release does look to finally be official but I'm going to wait for exact, specific detail on the difference in format releases.

Such as, is the SACD from a native DSD source, is the download 2 & multi-channel and a native DSD source?

If not, I'll be getting the Blu-ray and likely will get the BD anyway.

I got snookered by pre-ordering the SACD of Tea for the Tillerman that was sourced from PCM. Good but a bit disappointing.

Grudgingly downloaded the native DSD download. Uh, this is what the SACD should've and could've sounded like.

I'm not saying that all PCM sourced DSD is inferior but I will never again spend for DSD sourced from PCM.

Uh, this is what the SACD should've and could've sounded like.

And is in many cases. Don't forget all of the DSD recorded releases from Channel Classics, Pentatone, Telarc and a number of others. Along with some fine Analog to DSD transfers that are on SACD and today DSD Downloads.

And is in many cases. Don't forget all of the DSD recorded releases from Channel Classics, Pentatone, Telarc and a number of others. Along with some fine Analog to DSD transfers that are on SACD and today DSD Downloads.

Believe I don't. I have several downloads from Channel Classics, Pentatone, Blue Coast, Native DSD.

BTW, I'm Milt99 here and just plain Milt on QQ ;-)