IGNORED

Tidal and Lossless Streaming

He clearly didn't buy Tidal because of its lossless streaming. I think the only reason was because it was a streaming service that was up and running, without too many customers, meaning he could buy it on the cheap. The music they're focusing on is not going to benefit from lossless, and the people they are targeting couldn't care less.

I write about Macs, music, and more at Kirkville.

Author of Take Control of macOS Media Apps

Co-host of The Next Track podcast.

One of commenters mentioned that Tidal is about to announce the integration of Roon. Can anyone confirm this?

Analog: Koetsu Rosewood > VPI Aries 3 w/SDS > EAR 834P > EAR 834L: Audiodesk cleaner

Digital Fun: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (JRMC) SOtM USB > Lynx Hilo > EAR 834L

Digital Serious: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (HQPlayer) Ethernet > SMS-100 NAA > Lampi DSD L4 G5 > EAR 834L

Digital Disc: Oppo BDP 95 > EAR 834L

Output: EAR 834L > Xilica XP4080 DSP > Odessey Stratos Mono Extreme > Legacy Aeris

Phones: EAR 834L > Little Dot Mk ii > Senheiser HD 800

Why i only see Tidal on most of the post here at CA, i don't hear Deezer wich also provides lossless music, i tried Tidal and it sucks, library is vague compare to Deezer and Spotify ( i know is not lossless)

+1 - Deezer rocks! Great library and no issues with drop-outs even when I stream directly to iPhone on train moving 60mph.

I've signed up to be notified when Deezer is widely available in the US - can't wait to give it a try :)

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

I'm surprised Qobuz isn't getting a mention in these threads. I'm guessing it's not Stateside? Streaming quality is excellent.

Front End: Neet Airstream

Digital Processing: Chord Hugo M-Scaler

DAC: Chord Dave

Amplification: Cyrus Mono x300 Signatures

Speakers: Kudos Titan T88

One of commenters mentioned that Tidal is about to announce the integration of Roon. Can anyone confirm this?

The Roon folks have talked about this quite a bit. Don't have time to go searching now, but check out the Roon thread here (in Software) and also the Roon forum.

--David

Edit: My impression is that it's the other way around. Soon will support listening to Tidal from within Roon.

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

The Roon folks have talked about this quite a bit. Don't have time to go searching now, but check out the Roon thread here (in Software) and also the Roon forum.

--David

Edit: My impression is that it's the other way around. Soon will support listening to Tidal from within Roon.

I remember them (Roon) mentioning they were working with a streaming partner but I don't remember them mentioning Tidal. It certainly has a lot of potential, but then Roon may reveal how shallow Tidal's catalog really is.

Analog: Koetsu Rosewood > VPI Aries 3 w/SDS > EAR 834P > EAR 834L: Audiodesk cleaner

Digital Fun: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (JRMC) SOtM USB > Lynx Hilo > EAR 834L

Digital Serious: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (HQPlayer) Ethernet > SMS-100 NAA > Lampi DSD L4 G5 > EAR 834L

Digital Disc: Oppo BDP 95 > EAR 834L

Output: EAR 834L > Xilica XP4080 DSP > Odessey Stratos Mono Extreme > Legacy Aeris

Phones: EAR 834L > Little Dot Mk ii > Senheiser HD 800

So you now have bluesound node? How do you get Deezer Elite on that? Thanks

I can tell you from the SONOS point. When you buy you are given a special code to create a Deezer account, when I returned Sonos the account was already opened...then I added to the streaming on my Node...you can also buy BOSE qualified ( DEEZER ) equipment...The rest is history...

So, what is required to get Deezer Elite ...? Yes, with Sonos, but what about just signing up online?

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

I can tell you from the SONOS point. When you buy you are given a special code to create a Deezer account, when I returned Sonos the account was already opened...then I added to the streaming on my Node...you can also buy BOSE qualified ( DEEZER ) equipment...The rest is history...

Interesting, as Deezer Elite is half the price of Tidal, hopefully Tidal will come down in price...

There's an article on engadget (new as of yesterday) about some of the commercial considerations associated with Jay Z's purchase.

It's kind of amazing how on the one hand Tidal is looking more appealing (apparently imminent support for playback from Roon and also some near-term possibilities for playing back via Audirvana+), while at the same time, Jay Z's moves may imply imminent disaster. One hopes that Mr Carter will keep in mind that his audiophile demographic is paying a good piece of the freight for the enterprise.

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5