IGNORED

Pono Music - Lousy Customer Service - Not Honoring Promo Code

Just a head's up to anyone who is still running Mac Snow Leopard OSX 10.6.8. You can no longer buy downloads from Pono, or launch the PonoMusicWorld app. It has expired, or, as they say, "timed out". You have to download the update from the JRiver website, and upgrade your Mac operating system to Mavericks or Yosemite (the new version may also work on Lion or Mountain Lion, I don't know). The latest update is good until Sept. 1st.

Why would anyone be clinging to the old Snow Leopard OSX? Well, I have a Hewlett Packard scanner, and HP has not bothered to update their scanner drivers for Mac beyond OSX 10.7, so my scanner will not work with my home office iMac unless I keep using the old OSX.There's no viable work around from HP or Apple that I know of.

• 3 weeks later...
I found a coupon code (MUSICONLY20OFF ) for Pono Music. I have an account with them as I had previously made some purchases. I placed some new downloads in my cart and entered the coupon code for the discount and it did not work. I tried making the purchase using several browsers and computers to no avail. The coupon was due to expire on April 10th at midnight Pacific Time and I attempted to make the purchase prior to the expiration time (and yes, I entered the code correctly).

I contacted Pono and opened up a help ticket. They acknowledged that I tried to make the purchase during the time the coupon was valid (my ticket was opened prior to the coupon's expiration). They apologized for the inconvenience. However, they refused to provide me either with a new code or offer to make a post purchase adjustment if I purchased the items at full-price (the 3 downloads are still sitting in my cart). The Steve Hoffman forum has postings from a few members that experienced the same issue as me.

It's amazing to me that in a market that could be best described as a niche market that the provider is unwilling to make a customer happy. A customer that complied with the terms of the promotion. Honestly, at the very least I would think their practices are unethical, if not illegal.

I had a similar experience with HDtracks last week. They sent out an ad with a 15% discount code that clearly listed the expiration date/time as 4/6/15 11:59 PDT. I tried to use it about 15 minutes before the expiration and it did not work. They had already loaded their website with the current week's new releases. I contacted support and they asked me to make the purchase, if I was still interested, and they would adjust the purchase price after the sale was completed. I think these companies should run their businesses more efficiently, but at least HDtracks offered to do the right thing.

Needless to say I am extremely disappointed with Pono Music and won't be doing any more business with them unless they change their policies or provide better customer support.

I got my credit from Pono this week and would like to thank the members that helped move this along. Without the support of some of the members on this forum, I'm not sure if the issue would have been resolved.

It's nice that Pono participates in this forum, addressed the issue and took care of their customers. As a result, I will continue to shop at their store.

I got my credit from Pono this week and would like to thank the members that helped move this along. Without the support of some of the members on this forum, I'm not sure if the issue would have been resolved.

It's nice that Pono participates in this forum, addressed the issue and took care of their customers. As a result, I will continue to shop at their store.

Hello asiano,

I, for one, love win-win outcomes: You deserved the credit denied you originally through no fault of your own that was ultimately granted; and Pono Music reversed a wrongly arrived at denial of credit to you for non-sensical reasons, honored their original offer of a discount, and restored our faith in their conduct keeping you, myself and, I imagine, others as customers. Hence, win-win.

Good news.

Best,

Richard