IGNORED

UpTone Audio USB Regen Listening Impressions

......... Nice to be reminded, especially amidst the barrage of defacement and belittlement that continues to go on over at that other forum (which I am trying hard to ignore as John and I focus on cool new projects--both well under way and those still in the conceptual stages).

Best to you,

--Alex C.

Pretty cute!

Why don't you just post at the other forum and accept the test you said you would do any time, any day or say you are withdrawing the offer?

And if you haven't looked in several days then what defacement and belittlement can you possibly be in a position to ignore? How can you ignore what you haven't seen except by magic discernment.

You don't have to ignore anything. Just man up and accept doing the test or go on and make it clear you aren't willing to do such a test. Very easy.

What the mind can conceive and believe it can achieve. Yadda yadda, your mileage may vary, etc etc. Good luck!

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

Pretty cute!

What don't you just post at the other forum and accept the test you said you would do any time, any day or say you are withdrawing the offer?

And if you haven't looked in several days then what defacement and belittlement can you possibly be in a position to ignore? How can you ignore what you haven't seen except by magic discernment.

You don't have to ignore anything. Just man up and accept doing the test or go on and make it clear you aren't willing to do such a test. Very easy.

What the mind can conceive and believe it can achieve. Yadda yadda, your mileage may vary, etc etc. Good luck!

"Yadda yadda",,,,, that just about sums you up.

Pretty cute!

Why don't you just post at the other forum and accept the test you said you would do any time, any day or say you are withdrawing the offer?

All that remained was this dude sticking his noses in this thread.

But do not worry if you can not hear the difference between MP3 and HR, the less able the REGEN.

Do you want to win importance? Design something interesting as the Regen and maybe your ego would be satisfied !

Roch

All that remained was this dude sticking his noses in this thread.

But do not worry if you can not hear the difference between MP3 and HR, the less able the REGEN.

Do you want to win importance? Design something interesting as the Regen and maybe your ego would be satisfied !

Roch

Well this particular dude, meaning me, can hear MP3 versus hires or even CD. So mr. Roch, what is it you are going on about? Fellow says he will do a test any day of the week at his place with his system, do it, or admit you won't do it. No big complicated deal there. Yes or no. Just clearly admit whichever is the case.

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

Well this particular dude, meaning me, can hear MP3 versus hires or even CD. So mr. Roch, what is it you are going on about? Fellow says he will do a test any day of the week at his place with his system, do it, or admit you won't do it. No big complicated deal there. Yes or no. Just clearly admit whichever is the case.

No one here is obliged to "admit" anything to you, or some naysayer on another forum.

As I suggested previously, Alex C would be better served by ignoring demands from hostile and rude Objectivists from another forum, yourself included,and perhaps invite someone without an axe to grind such as C.A. Admin Chris Connaker, to be involved instead.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

As I suggested previously, Alex C would be better served by ignoring demands from hostile and rude Objectivists from another forum, yourself included,and perhaps invite someone without an axe to grind such as C.A. Admin Chris Connaker, to be involved instead.

Better yet, instead of yadda-yadda here, why doesn't esldude head out to Mariposa, California and ask Alex face to face about his concerns? After all, that's where Alex's system is and that's where esldude should be directing his yadda-yadda,,, not here!

Better yet, instead of yadda-yadda here, why doesn't esldude head out to Mariposa, California and ask Alex face to face about his concerns? After all, that's where Alex's system is and that's where esldude should be directing his yadda-yadda,,, not here!

Well we have someone much better known than me willing to make the trip to Mariposa. If I make the trip will you meet me there satfrat?

Well we have someone much better known than me willing to make the trip to Mariposa. If I make the trip will you meet me there satfrat?

I've already got my Regen in my system and I'm loving what it has done for my listening pleasure. But I would love to meet both Alex and John, shake their hands and thank each of them personally for what they've done for me.

Is that what you had in mind Mr. yadda-yadda? :D

I've already got my Regen in my system and I'm loving what it has done for my listening pleasure. But I would love to meet both Alex and John, shake their hands and thank each of them personally for what they've done for me.

Is that what you had in mind Mr. yadda-yadda? :D

Don't have a Regen so not what I had in mind. Would love to seem someone show they can hear a difference though. Surely not what you had in mind Mr. Blowhard.

Don't have a Regen so not what I had in mind. Would love to seem someone show they can hear a difference though. Surely not what you had in mind Mr. Blowhard.

Dear Mr. esldude, this was a nice place until you arrived.

Please go away or at least go somewhere else.

Please. Pretty please, with sugar on top...

Andy

Please. Stop. The. Madness.

+1

A ghost is back...

IsoTek evo3 Sirius⎪Late 2009 27" iMac 20GB w/SSD, 10.10.x ➤Audirvana Plus 3.0.x (Exclusive Direct Integer Mode 1, NOS) & Qobuz HiFi Sublime+ ➤Curious Cables ➤UpTone Audio ISO REGEN (UpTone Audio UltraCap LPS-1 (Breeze Audio R-Core Linear PSU)) ➤UpTone Audio USPCB ➤iFi micro iDAC2 running v5.2a (Bit-Perfect) serving:

➤Nobsound SE OTL headphone amp on Herbie's Soft Tenderfoot (selected tubes with Herbie's UltraSonic Rx) with IsoTek evo3 Premier power cable⎪Audez'e LCD-2 Rev. 2 on Moon Audio Silver Dragon V3 Premium cable

➤Audioengine A5+ with AudioQuest Power NRG-1 cable

➤iFi micro iTube2 ➤Denon AVR-A100 100th Anniversary Edition with IsoTek evo3 Premier power cable on IsoTek evo3 Aquarius⎪B&W 804 D3 bi-amped on Inakustik cables

Don't have a Regen so not what I had in mind.

Which is exactly why you shouldn't be posting in a thread with the title of "Uptone Audio Regen Listening Impressions."

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

Here or in another thread if you feel it's more appropriate: What audible characteristics would you say differ between mp3 and hi-res or CD resolution that allow you to distinguish between the two?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

If you don't have a Regen, have no plans to acquire one, are only interested in berating those of us that do, it really begs the question: why are you even here?

Perhaps you need a hobby; I hear rock collecting is cheap to get into.

You have a lovely day . . . someplace else.

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words?

Mac Mini (w/Audirvana; MMK; JS2; ext SSD); AQJB; Curious USB; Regen; Curious (20cm); Yggdrasil; anti-cable 6.2 ic; Cary SLI-80 Sig (NOS tubes); diy VHaudio airlock sp; Merlin VSM's (sadly, last iteration); Cardas Clear & VHaudio Flav 4 pwr cords; Tripp Lite iso trans; diy power box; Syn Res ART; diy Shakti Hallograph (4); Bybee room neutralizers & signal enhancers; Furutech GTX outlets; Stillpoints Ultra SS & mini

Folks:

- Though the statement Dennis was responding to was in this thread, I agree the comments about Alex DBTing the Regen would have been more suited to another thread where that subject is already being discussed. I think that point has pretty well been made now.

- As people who have been reading my comments will know, I own and like what I hear from the two Regens in my signal chain.

- That said, I think comments of a personal nature aren't usually helpful, so hopefully we can avoid them.

As always, just my own opinion.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

@ Chris Connaker

Would you please deal with guy?

esldude's comment: "Don't have a Regen so not what I had in mind. Would love to seem someone show they can hear a difference though. Surely not what you had in mind Mr. Blowhard."

This is a listening impressions thread; this guy does not own the Regen and is making rude, disparaging remarks, we don't need that here.

Thanks to Uptone for their professionalism.

1- Lightspeed -> Regen -> Hard connector (included with Regen) -> DAC; vs

2- Curious (long) -> Regen -> Curious (short) -> DAC?

Ease, musical flow, (less mechanical).

And this is with a macbook pro, Ayre QB9-DSD, and Audirvana (what version, iTunes or standalone)?

The MBP is stripped down for music only, also use Cocktail to help with this in a major way, as well as Audirvana's program reductions. I am still on Audiorvana 1.5.10, with playlist playback.

Your reply is far too cryptic...to which of these two scenarios are you attributing "ease and music flow"?

Thanks, WW

Originally Posted by Jim Smith

1- Lightspeed -> Regen -> Hard connector (included with Regen) -> DAC; vs

2- Curious (long) -> Regen -> Curious (short) -> DAC?

Ease, musical flow, (less mechanical).

And this is with a macbook pro, Ayre QB9-DSD, and Audirvana (what version, iTunes or standalone)?

The MBP is stripped down for music only, also use Cocktail to help with this in a major way, as well as Audirvana's program reductions. I am still on Audiorvana 1.5.10, with playlist playback.

Your reply is far too cryptic...to which of these two scenarios are you attributing "ease and music flow"?

Thanks, WW

I certainly prefer Curious in my system, but this may be system dependent...

Does this help you out?

Question for the El Cheapo owners. Mine arrived today. Does the switch on the front turn the entire unit off, or just the display? I want to keep it running for a while and don't want to shut it down. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The switch in cutting the entire unit (main cable).

IsoTek evo3 Sirius⎪Late 2009 27" iMac 20GB w/SSD, 10.10.x ➤Audirvana Plus 3.0.x (Exclusive Direct Integer Mode 1, NOS) & Qobuz HiFi Sublime+ ➤Curious Cables ➤UpTone Audio ISO REGEN (UpTone Audio UltraCap LPS-1 (Breeze Audio R-Core Linear PSU)) ➤UpTone Audio USPCB ➤iFi micro iDAC2 running v5.2a (Bit-Perfect) serving:

➤Nobsound SE OTL headphone amp on Herbie's Soft Tenderfoot (selected tubes with Herbie's UltraSonic Rx) with IsoTek evo3 Premier power cable⎪Audez'e LCD-2 Rev. 2 on Moon Audio Silver Dragon V3 Premium cable

➤Audioengine A5+ with AudioQuest Power NRG-1 cable

➤iFi micro iTube2 ➤Denon AVR-A100 100th Anniversary Edition with IsoTek evo3 Premier power cable on IsoTek evo3 Aquarius⎪B&W 804 D3 bi-amped on Inakustik cables

Le Concombre loves the green Regen...

I recall seeing images of fuzzy sinusoids turned sharp on much blacker background by the Regen : reflects my feelings.

As of the audiophile terminology I could use one word : fast ; makes my system even faster, like in an electronic is fast. I could mention soundstage extending in front of the speakers on some tracks.

But, reading the fierce debate, I won't add to the myriads of comments but rather say :

hey you, haters, you're right, there's obvious sympathy here for Alex & John and I understand how it might trigger hatred. Quite frankly, I did not rush here to claim my first findings that were not positive.

And, after all, who cares about the Green Regen, especially combined with the Corning (just loved not using a audiophile cable and getting a gorgeous sound + I got hooked to the comfort of its length ; I know, ethernet and a Nadac would probably suit me, had I the fundings...).

Well everybody should : that means my Regen is a powered hub replacing another powered hub

But last, and certainly not least, I just had my first gorgeous listening session almost 4 days after the Regen was introduced. That's a long long time. That deserves an input :

First, let's consider it could be my ears : had a gorgeous listening session Friday morning, went surfing and be crushed in heavy cold waves, my mom is dying, I'm stressed and tired : plenty of reasons that could impair my hearing. As a matter of fact, just before I introduced the Regen Friday afternoon I played the tracks that were gorgeous in the morning and the magic was gone. Regen was immediately better in the sense of cleaner, though, but it was not as good as in the morning.

But please consider this input : my TEAC draws current and though my Green Regen is second hand and had a break-in, I think it takes a long time for the system (at least the DAC/Regen combo) to reach an equilibrium

How do you objectionists organize a DBT when the equilibrium*, hence a stable reference point,( is broken by the very test ??? Note that in the case of a simpler configuration with a cable that does not require to be powered the same disruption occurs when you unplug say a Mac mini from a DAC current requiring...

*means stuff like clocks synchronisations I guess ; or whatever : I know Jeff Rowland warns my pre has to be plugged 200 hours before it reaches its optimum operating conditions)

Oh ! I almost forgot : why don't I think it's rather or mainly my ears recovering from stress ? My system is very physical, I can tell you it's bass galore anew today : I can feel them again in my back (etc),while they are even more precise and faster

Here or in another thread if you feel it's more appropriate: What audible characteristics would you say differ between mp3 and hi-res or CD resolution that allow you to distinguish between the two?

Check your PM box.