IGNORED

UpTone Audio USB Regen Listening Impressions

Installed my Regen two days ago - MBP, 5m Belkin Gold, Regen to Sboost V-bus isolator straight into hard connector into the Auralic Vega. The rest of the system is Halcro DM 10, MBL 9008A mono's to B&W 800Di2. The Regen is powered by a Paul Hynes SR3-12 (I didn't try the SMPS)

The initial change in the sound has morphed into a substantial improvement in staging, detail recovery, dynamics and stability. Everything hangs together more cohesively. Very nice and most pleased.

btw.. I used the V-bus isolator as Auralic advised they would prefer not to see 12v on the USB line despite the Vega not using USB power.

Rega RP8 w/ Lyra Titan, MBP - A+2 - Auralic Vega - Halcro DM10 - 2 x MBL 9008A monos - B&W 800Di2. 4KVA BOT, Franke 1500 Power Bank + Shunyata V-Ray and Anaconda mains - Audience Au24 ic's.

• 4 weeks later...

I used the V-bus isolator on my Mac to Auralic Vega cable to substantial effect. I then added the Regen (with a V-bus isolator plugged into the solid connector) for a further improvement. Blocking the USB voltage for those DACs that allow this seems to work well

Rega RP8 w/ Lyra Titan, MBP - A+2 - Auralic Vega - Halcro DM10 - 2 x MBL 9008A monos - B&W 800Di2. 4KVA BOT, Franke 1500 Power Bank + Shunyata V-Ray and Anaconda mains - Audience Au24 ic's.

Yo can buy the SBooster V-bus isolator to do the same thing somewhat more elegantly. It's about 15 dollars plus shipping. I use two of them, one at the Mac, and the other at the output of the Regen