IGNORED

Article: Bluesound Pulse & Vault Review

• 2 months later...

Just seen news of 2nd Generation BlueSound products...

Bluesound announces Generation 2 multi-room products | What Hi-Fi?

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

• 1 year later...

Amateur review. My first streaming system was Tidal on an iPad Pro w/dac and headphones. Then I got the new Bluesound Vault 2 and Node 2. Thanks to a lot of online help I have joined the new world. 

Not compared to any other system but my cd an vinyl, I find the Bluesound great.

The Node 2 works from wifi from an apple network. iMac, iPad, Airport Extreme. I am now streaming Tidal on my home hifi wirelessly from the wifi network to the Node 2. Maybe better than cd. 

The Vault 2 needs to be hard wired but that was solved with an Apple Airport Express that is wireless and hard wired to the vault far from the home modem. So an extra $100 makes the Vault 2 wifi. It is completely fool proof to copy cds to the Vault. Using the iPad, open the Bluos app, select Flac or Wav and stick a cd in the slot. 

Nothing negative to say. I do prefer the metal build quality of my home hifi gear, Sonneteer Orton Integrated amp, Sedley Phono Stage, Heed headphone amp, Line Magnetic 215 cdp with a little plastic box. Looks like a toy in comparison and boy is it fun. 

I had a glitch where it started to burn cds without the data: ie name and album cover. It copied them as "unknown cd".  I called customer service and they responded quickly and professionally and fixed it over the phone. Like Apple care, someone to hold my hand to do a simple fix.