IGNORED

Tracks "disappearing" from IPhone?

Am I hallucinating? This is now the second time that I've been traveling for 3-4 days and tracks all over sudden start disappearing from the Music app. I know pretty much for certain I loaded significantly more music on my iPhone before I left home, and now some of them are gone.

Did anybody notice something similar?

I've had an iPhone for 5 years now and never had the issue until right now twice in a row.

Possibly iCloud settings have something to do with it?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical to EtherREGEN -> microRendu -> ISO Regen -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Absolutely - in fact, this same thing just bit me this morning. I think it has something to do with Music Match, which deleted some files on my iPad and replaced them with the Music Match files. I guess it was trying to be helpful! (grrrr...)

-Paul

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

Absolutely - in fact, this same thing just bit me this morning. I think it has something to do with Music Match, which deleted some files on my iPad and replaced them with the Music Match files. I guess it was trying to be helpful! (grrrr...)

-Paul

This is driving me crazy... helpful...

Had the same problem on my wife's 4S. Sync'd files appeared even played, then disappeared. 3 times. Very frustrating. We don't use Music match. Ended up emptying all the music and manually added files. That finally got them to stay on the phone.

Family Room: Panny TCP65S2, Panny BDP-55, DTV HR-24, SB Touch, Schiit Bifrost Multibit, Yamaha RX-V3900, Emotiva XPA-3, Rocket NM 550's, Rocket 150's, X-CS, UFW-10, Harmony 700.

Computer Room: Dell laptop, Uptone Regen Amber, Schiit Bifrost Multibit, Decware SE84C+, Zu Omen, ALO National, Mr.Speakers Mad Dog headphones

Had the same problem on my wife's 4S. Sync'd files appeared even played, then disappeared. 3 times. Very frustrating. We don't use Music match. Ended up emptying all the music and manually added files. That finally got them to stay on the phone.

Thanks for confirming I'm not losing my mind.

Not sure if this is just negligence or Apple's way of saying instead of synching our own files we should be using the cloud, but one way or another it is disappointing.

<-- raises hand -->

Yep. I usually see locally managed audio files come up in itunes and when I click to play, I'll get an exclamation point by them. when that happens they areno longer visible at all from the phone itself. It can happen months after they are added, or even less than a week later. No rhyme or reason I am a computer tech and have searched Apple forums, done reinstalls and reformatted, etc etc...

Over the last year or so I have noticed Itunes being INCREDIBLY sluggish (even for Itunes) adding manually managed audio files. Happened on my old Iphone 4 last fall, an Ipod classic, and currently happens on my new Iphone 6 plus as well.

It is currently an unsolved mystery.

Last week I started using the Onkyo HF player which (for 9.99) will play hi res flac files and as a bonus I can add them to my Iphone from multiple computers.

Out of frustration w/Itunes and this problem I may start adding mp3 files as well using this app.

There are lots of problems with iTunes syncing to iOS devices. Disappearing tracks is just one of them. I've written about this on my website, and there are about 150 comments as of today discussing the various issues.

iTunes 12 Sync Problems: Why Doesn’t Syncing from iTunes to iOS Devices Work? | Kirkville

I write about Macs, music, and more at Kirkville.

Author of Take Control of macOS Media Apps

Co-host of The Next Track podcast.

There are lots of problems with iTunes syncing to iOS devices. Disappearing tracks is just one of them. I've written about this on my website, and there are about 150 comments as of today discussing the various issues.

iTunes 12 Sync Problems: Why Doesn’t Syncing from iTunes to iOS Devices Work? | Kirkville

I actually read your article trying to find a solution. However, my problem is not the syncing per se, but after. I get tracks that first show up on my Iphone, and after some days not syncing, appear to disappear from the phone.

I actually read your article trying to find a solution. However, my problem is not the syncing per se, but after. I get tracks that first show up on my Iphone, and after some days not syncing, appear to disappear from the phone.

I had that same problem. Sadly the only solution I found was to manually load the tracks. Fortunately my wife does not change playlists very often so it's not a big deal for her. I have a 64g iPhone 6 so I just load whatever I want and pretty much leave it on the phone. It's the only time I use iTunes, I use jRiver for playback at home so I don't spend much time messing with iTunes.

Family Room: Panny TCP65S2, Panny BDP-55, DTV HR-24, SB Touch, Schiit Bifrost Multibit, Yamaha RX-V3900, Emotiva XPA-3, Rocket NM 550's, Rocket 150's, X-CS, UFW-10, Harmony 700.

Computer Room: Dell laptop, Uptone Regen Amber, Schiit Bifrost Multibit, Decware SE84C+, Zu Omen, ALO National, Mr.Speakers Mad Dog headphones