IGNORED

Aries connected via Melco N1A

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2020 at 11:03 PM, betsy said:

Re: - kblundy, way back in 2015 started this discussion on connecting an Aries to a Melco N1A audiophile NAS drive...''Direct Mode".

Well, i had to share my excitement with connecting the HA-N1 to direct mode (directly connected to the Network Audio Player with an Ethernet cable, ie the rj45 player port on my Melco N1A to my brand new Auralic Aries G2.1 player.

it took some work, settings for the direct player connection on the Melco and no luck...then i reinitialized the Melco...and success!

If I'm not mistaken, by reinitializing the Melco you reset its Network Player setting to Network mode, not Direct mode, unless you've manually changed that after the reinitialization.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

Hello Peter,

Yes... you are correct. However, my Dela N1 is the Japanese model, Purchased in Japan....and most of the display menu is Japanese language....so i have to translate based on the english manual...but there are slight differences.

..but the direct mode allows the Aries G2.1 player to access the internet thru the Dela (Melco) N1A and also access its nice quiet music library...very nice.

🎶

Hello Peter,

thank you!

... I do need some help...my N1a is only showing up as a "music library"..not as a streamer/player...only my Auralic aries G2.1 shows up.( Linn Music app And nothing shows up on the  Melco app on my iPad)

so i changed to network from direct, as you showed me, and nothing..so I set to network setting and plugged both players to my switch, no player rj port used....still no melco n1a.

i changed from dchp to static ip address...is that correct?

the Melco has my usb cable out to my dac...but cannot see the Melco n1a.

Hello wklie,

Melco usb/streamer function/ network Fixed!  Turns out the usb 5v on the back of the Meclo N1Z, was not working, so Melco customer service was very nice, he told me to plug my usb cable into the ''usb 3.0'' connector, also on the back, and that worked!

i immediately had the front display show ''DoP and the usb icon'', and it showed up on the Linn Music app on my iPad as a Melco player..sounds great!

thanks again.🎶🎶

3F13B2BB-C478-4B8C-867A-0DAB50811A62.png