IGNORED

Gergiev & Mariinsky DSD Downloads

Thanks, Brian. I'm really excited that Native DSD has started carrying the Mariinsky label. Unfortunately, I already have all of the albums you've listed above as 24/96 downloads (except for the 1812, which I've got on SACD). I don't think it would be worth the extra $$$ to have them in DSD. I anxiously await future releases, though!

MacBook Pro 2021 16” (M1 Pro, 16MB RAM, macOS Ventura) > Audirvana Origin > Pangea Audio USB-AG > Sony TA-ZH1ES > Nordost Heimdall 2 > Audeze LCD-3

Thanks, Brian. I'm really excited that Native DSD has started carrying the Mariinsky label. Unfortunately, I already have all of the albums you've listed above as 24/96 downloads (except for the 1812, which I've got on SACD). I don't think it would be worth the extra $$$ to have them in DSD. I anxiously await future releases, though!

The album are all from DSD tapes, so that would be the way to go.

• 2 weeks later...
NativeDSD now also carries Pentatone recordings. Now that's a goldmine of good recordings. They're doing great stuff at NativeDSD!

Yes and Native offers the Pentatone downloads as COMBI deals so you can pick up both the Stereo and Multichannel downloads for one low price vs. paying full ticket for each.

Are there some that you would recommend particularly?

Sorry for the late reply, Boris--I literally didn't see your response until now! Anyway, of the 5 Mariinsky albums available on Native DSD at the moment, for me the one to get is the Rachmaninoff Piano Concerto No.3 and Paganini Rhapsody with Matsuev/Gergiev. Really bravura performances despite sound quality that is a little 'thick' and opaque. Also very good (and in much better sound) is the Shostakovich 1 & 15 with Gergiev.

MacBook Pro 2021 16” (M1 Pro, 16MB RAM, macOS Ventura) > Audirvana Origin > Pangea Audio USB-AG > Sony TA-ZH1ES > Nordost Heimdall 2 > Audeze LCD-3

Sorry for the late reply, Boris--I literally didn't see your response until now! Anyway, of the 5 Mariinsky albums available on Native DSD at the moment, for me the one to get is the Rachmaninoff Piano Concerto No.3 and Paganini Rhapsody with Matsuev/Gergiev. Really bravura performances despite sound quality that is a little 'thick' and opaque. Also very good (and in much better sound) is the Shostakovich 1 & 15 with Gergiev.

Many thanks!

NativeDSD now also carries Pentatone recordings. Now that's a goldmine of good recordings. They're doing great stuff at NativeDSD!

Thanks for the nice words. We will release everything Pentatone eventually (RQR still up in the air), but if folks have favorites let us know and we'll prioritize...we'll trickle them out as quickly as possible. :)

Thanks for the nice words. We will release everything Pentatone eventually (RQR still up in the air), but if folks have favorites let us know and we'll prioritize...we'll trickle them out as quickly as possible. :)

Good to know, Ted, and thanks. But if you release the RQR stuff (and I'm including the recent DG reissues here), I'll seriously have to consider bankruptcy.....