IGNORED

A better disk player: why not?

Yes...Computer...what about a PC that has better audiophile characteristics?

No noises fan, best USB priority main voltage...ecc.

You suggest something?

Thank you!

L.

1stSYS...[iPad with MPaD like remote]Auraliti PK100(HD 1Tb W.D.)=>W4S dac1=>Megahertz audio integrated valve OTL amplifier=>SonyMDR-10(the King)headphone.[br]2ndSYS...iMac w/iTunes=>HRTstreamer II=>Adam A5 powered speakers.

You bring up a good question and one that very few companies are starting to address.

In my opinion:

Computer Audiophile = Person

Audiophile Computer = Transport used by that person

There are some very good choices for silent PCs without fans, but the other pieces are tougher to determine. I cannot confirm this but I'm guessing a USB PCI/PCIe expansion card would give you some separation from the standard USB Bus and possibly give you better performance. This is my unproven opinion that may be 100% wrong. I would love for someone with greater knowledge to chime in if possible.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Yeah, few companies: I think all the market is watching to iPod.

This is not bad, but I cannot understand why still nothing from hiend modders in the "PC area"...

About 90% of listeners in front of PC with good DAC in reproduction says it is better of the hiend CD player they got, but...

...they (we) need something more for the "worker machine" called PC!

;-)

Luca

P.S. It is possible for you to start a simple thread-list (like that one of the 24/96 dac) with the "best" PC for Music player?

What do you mean when you write PCI/USB? (An external port for?)

1stSYS...[iPad with MPaD like remote]Auraliti PK100(HD 1Tb W.D.)=>W4S dac1=>Megahertz audio integrated valve OTL amplifier=>SonyMDR-10(the King)headphone.[br]2ndSYS...iMac w/iTunes=>HRTstreamer II=>Adam A5 powered speakers.

Ok, thanks: I have understood about the PC card. Do you think that "these" USB are "better" than the integrateds?

For the PC's best players thread:

if you start it maybe it is better: simply a list of more silent, best audio card on board eccetera PCs for Music player...

Again, thank you!

Luca