IGNORED

JPlayStreamer

RKH

I just wanted to plug the new effort by the JPlay team regarding their new playback engine. The developers or now out of Beta and into RC1b. I have found the sound in playback to be quite excellent. There are some other pieces of software that are needed to realize a complete setup, all of which are free. I am using JPlayStreamer/Kazoo (by Linn)/MinimServer. There is a complete set of install/setup instructions in their forum, specifically under version 6.

Since JPlayStreamer is still a product in development, I had to learn a few new things about Windows to reset software if a stop was encountered (specifically Task Manager). This is all explained on the forum.

Regarding sound, my system has never sounded better. I am a dedicated JRiver user but to my ears the JPlayStreamer setup is much more transparent with greater air around instruments, nice detail in the bass, and excellent sound stage in all directions.

There is no doubt that through the beta process some teething problems developed but both Marcin and Josef have been right on the ball with fixes. I was very pleased with their "tech" support. After all, you are talking directly to the developers.

If you are interested in the best playback possible, I would recommend giving the new software a try. Everything is free and if it doesn't suit then just remove it and go back to whatever you are using now.

Regards, RKH

Hi RKH,

Always glad to see another person made aware of the benefits that comes with UPnP network streaming, especially when using OpenHome Media (ohMedia, aka UPnP with Linn extensions). However, you may want to take a look at / add your comments to the thread that's already about JPlayStreamer & the JPlay Beta 6 program:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f11-software/jplay-6-beta-program-23526/

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox