IGNORED

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

tcmods

Hello people!

Someone using with Airplay ? I am having difficulties with Spotify sending Ipad for Raspberry with moode 2.3 .

Meeting the moode in Airplay but the sound is faulty , I tried restarting , disable and reabiliar Airplay in Pi but nothing is working.

I appreciate the help and congratulations on the excellent job with the moode !!!

Hi Tim,

Moode is great. You have made quite a lot of improvements over the original RaspyFi, Volumio, Rune systems, and you have regular updates!

You can add this to your compatibility list:

Raspberry Pi 2 with HiFiBerry Digi+ board.

Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC.

i am using the optical interface, not USB. The RPI USB doesn't work with my DAC for hi-res files. It's either a driver problem or a USB power problem.

Hi Tim,

Moode is great. You have made quite a lot of improvements over the original RaspyFi, Volumio, Rune systems, and you have regular updates!

You can add this to your compatibility list:

Raspberry Pi 2 with HiFiBerry Digi+ board.

Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC.

i am using the optical interface, not USB. The RPI USB doesn't work with my DAC for hi-res files. It's either a driver problem or a USB power problem.

Hi,

Thanks! I'll add the DAC to the list.

Try the USB (UAC2) fix that is described in AUDIO FIXES on moodeaudio.org

Regards,

Tim

Hi,

For those of you that are using knob.sh, here is a download link for the new version :-)

http://moodeaudio.org/downloads/knob.zip

The new version that will be part of Moode 2.4 release adds support for mute/unmute, volume limit warning, param validation and MPD sftw/hdwr volume control.

Examples:

root@rp4:~# /var/www/knob.sh 45

root@rp4:~# /var/www/knob.sh 70

Volume exceeds warning limit 65

root@rp4:~# /var/www/knob.sh mute

root@rp4:~# /var/www/knob.sh 35

root@rp4:~# /var/www/knob.sh unmute

To install simply copy to /var/www

Regards,

Tim

Hi,

I just noticed that upmpdci is always started at boot via its init.d script regardless of the UPnP renderer toggle setting in System config page

Here is a patch to disable that so it is only started via the toggle setting in System config.

(1) ssh root@moode (pwd = moode)

(2) chmod +x /etc/init.d/upmpdcli

(3) /usr/sbin/update-rc.d -f upmpdcli remove

(4) reboot

This fix will be included in release 2.4 :-)

Regards,

Tim

Hi,

Send email to tim at moodeaudio dot org and I can help troubleshoot :-)

Regards,

Tim

Thank you Tim!

...with your help I figured out where the problem was coming from... it was generated by a few symbolic links I created manually that were breaking the normal (and correct) behaviour of Moode "coverart" module.

I can see covers now!

Thanks for your help

Franz

Hi,

Just a brief update on release 2.4 :-)

Testing with Linux kernel 4.1.10+ and MPD 0.19.10 going good so far. This is exciting because:

(1) Linux kernel 4.1.10+ has overlay driver for the new HifiBerry DAC+ Pro Dual Clock board. This implementation operates PCM5122 DAC chip in master mode thus allowing for more precise clocking and lower jitter. Could be really nice.

(2) MPD 0.19.10 has a lot of bug fixes and improvements. I've compiled it with some additional options which may be useful in future. I'll post the full options list in a few days for review.

Also I've added a few more great radio stations from user contribs, all commercial-free, listener-supported stations. Thanks so much :-)

Regards,

Tim Curtis

moode-r24-mpd-01910-linux-4110.png

moode-r24-radiologo-mosaic-2.png

Tim,

I have tried out the latest version and have had no issues with my Hugo.

I then tried out my HERUS:HERUS | Resonessence

and have had no luck. The HERUS lights up like it is recognized, but no music is played.

What can I try to get it to work.

PS. I really appreciate how well this application runs - really great work indeed. Cant wait to hear 2.4.

P.P.S I use the Lumin App on my iPad connected to moode - it is a fantastic combo.

Tim,

I have tried out the latest version and have had no issues with my Hugo.

I then tried out my HERUS:HERUS | Resonessence

and have had no luck. The HERUS lights up like it is recognized, but no music is played.

What can I try to get it to work.

PS. I really appreciate how well this application runs - really great work indeed. Cant wait to hear 2.4.

P.P.S I use the Lumin App on my iPad connected to moode - it is a fantastic combo.

Hi,

Thanks for the compliment! I really appreciate it :-)

For the HERUS, if it has hdwr volume controller and MPD volume control is set to "Software", just make sure ALSA volume is not 0 --or-- try the USB (UAC2) fix listed in AUDIO FIXES on moodeaudio.org

Is Lumin a UPnP control point app?

Regards,

Tim Curtis

Hi,

Is Lumin a UPnP control point app?

Regards,

Tim Curtis

I believe so - see:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f11-software/lumin-ipad-controller-app-13869/

also, I was unable to get HERUS to work even the suggested change to the cmdline.txt file.

When I goto the system configuration screen, the ALSA volume displays a circle with a red line through it and says: Hardware volume controller not found. I checked and the MPD volume is set to SW.

hopefully you can provide more insight as to the problem.

I believe so - see:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f11-software/lumin-ipad-controller-app-13869/

also, I was unable to get HERUS to work even the suggested change to the cmdline.txt file.

When I goto the system configuration screen, the ALSA volume displays a circle with a red line through it and says: Hardware volume controller not found. I checked and the MPD volume is set to SW.

hopefully you can provide more insight as to the problem.

Hi,

I would try the USB 2x current setting in Moode System config. Its possible the HERUS requires more current from USB.

If that does not work send email to tim at moodeaudio dot org and I'll help troubleshoot :-)

Regards,

Tim

Hi,

I'm going to install moode on my Raspberry, I have a couple of question:

- I use external HDD, which is the suggested way to format HDD? (ext2/3?, nfts?)

- once installed moode on RPI, can I control it straight on from my phone/tablet using MPDroid or Mupeace? or I have to install MPDeamon?

Thanks for your help

Michele

Hi,

I'm going to install moode on my Raspberry, I have a couple of question:

- I use external HDD, which is the suggested way to format HDD? (ext2/3?, nfts?)

- once installed moode on RPI, can I control it straight on from my phone/tablet using MPDroid or Mupeace? or I have to install MPDeamon?

Thanks for your help

Michele

Hi Michele,

I format USB HDD's using NTFS, but ext3/4 is also supported.

Moode is a Web UI so "http://moode" in Browser gives u the entire interface.

Since it uses MPD as music server u can also use MPD control apps like MPoD/MPaD, etc. To get cover art to display in MPoD/MPaD enter "http://moode" under Local cover art, URL.

I don't have any Android devices so I've not tested MPDroid or Mupeace but if they are similar to MPoD/MPaD then they should work without any additional components.

Regards,

Tim

Hi,

I have a few questions:

Can Moode access files in a xFAT formatted USB HDD ( 2TB, self-powered)?

Can Moode play AIFF music files from an ITunes library?

Using Moode, can I select (by browsing to) one of several iTunes music libraries residing in the same HDD?

TIA

JoseL

Hi,

I have a few questions:

Can Moode access files in a xFAT formatted USB HDD ( 2TB, self-powered)?

Can Moode play AIFF music files from an ITunes library?

Using Moode, can I select (by browsing to) one of several iTunes music libraries residing in the same HDD?

TIA

Hi,

Here are answers to your questions :-)

(1) Release 2.4 (sometime in Oct) includes support for exFAT filesystem

(2) Moode System config has "Max USB current 2X" setting for self powered drives

(3) AIFF file format supported

(4) Each iTunes root folder will appear in Browse panel, all music will appear in Library panel

and I'm using a new forum id "TimCurtis"

Regards,

Tim Curtis

Hi,

Here are answers to your questions :-)

(1) Release 2.4 (sometime in Oct) includes support for exFAT filesystem

(2) Moode System config has "Max USB current 2X" setting for self powered drives

(3) AIFF file format supported

(4) Each iTunes root folder will appear in Browse panel, all music will appear in Library panel

and I'm using a new forum id "TimCurtis"

Regards,

Tim Curtis

Thanks Tim. At risk of asking the obvious, is all that functionallity going to be part of v2.4 or some of them are already built in v2.3?

JoseL

Hi, during week end I installed and configured my PI2 raspberry with MoOde audio.

I have an USB disk attached (self powered) and Wi-Fi receiver.

Every thing is fine and works flawlessly.

Thanks tim for your great work !!!

At the moment I have PI2 connected via USB to Aureon dual USB card and then to my PS Audio DAC. No issue at all.

In two weeks, I should receive a Gustard U12 USB-Aes Ebu interface. I’ll let you know how does it work.

In moode web UI I see the cover art of my cds with album Title and artist name, but in a line below appears also “unknow” (I have all wave files).

Is there a way to avoid this “unknown”.

Lastly, for MPDroid and MuPeace users, how can I set up correctly the app in order to see cover art in my android tablet?

I have all image files named “folder.jpeg”. I do not know what to write in path music

Hi, during week end I installed and configured my PI2 raspberry with MoOde audio.

I have an USB disk attached (self powered) and Wi-Fi receiver.

Every thing is fine and works flawlessly.

Thanks tim for your great work !!!

At the moment I have PI2 connected via USB to Aureon dual USB card and then to my PS Audio DAC. No issue at all.

In two weeks, I should receive a Gustard U12 USB-Aes Ebu interface. I’ll let you know how does it work.

In moode web UI I see the cover art of my cds with album Title and artist name, but in a line below appears also “unknow” (I have all wave files).

Is there a way to avoid this “unknown”.

Lastly, for MPDroid and MuPeace users, how can I set up correctly the app in order to see cover art in my android tablet?

I have all image files named “folder.jpeg”. I do not know what to write in path music

Hi,

The text "Unknown album" or " Unknown artist" appears when the Artist and/or Album metadata tags are missing from the song file.

I don't think WAV files support tags so this is likely the issue you are experiencing. You are seeing the file name displayed instead of the song Title tag since the Title tag is also missing from the WAV file.

I'm not sure I can do anything about this, but all suggestions are welcome :-)

Regards,

Tim

The text "Unknown album" or " Unknown artist" appears when the Artist and/or Album metadata tags are missing from the song file.

I'm not sure I can do anything about this, but all suggestions are welcome :-)

Hi Tim,

here is my suggestion for obtaining data from wav files. Let’see if it is achievable.

My music collection is organized in such folder and subfolders structure:

GENRE --> ARTIST NAME --> ALBUM TITLE

In case of WAV files (or in case metadata tags are missing) is it possible to instruct the software to obtain file information from the folder structure?

This way we could get at least basic information about the file (album title, artist name and genre).

Thanks

Hi Tim,

Just fired up my first ever Pi with Moode and can report that it's working perfectly with a Nuforce HDP DAC via USB.

I've been listening to some web radio, airplay from my phone and files from usb thumb drive. Love having my local Radio New Zealand stations and look forward to Radioactive being added in 2.4. Also great timing for xFAT support as El Capitan has made dealing with NTFS a royal PITA.

I'll soon have my hands on a Wyred4Sound DAC-2 which I'll test with USB and then aim to try I2S over HDMI from the Pi via an Audio-gd adapter. I'll let you know how that goes.

Keep up the awesome work!

Jimmy