IGNORED

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

tcmods

Hi Tim,

Having problems getting my nas drive recognised in ver. 2.2. I think I have entered the same info has I did for version 2.1 but keep getting mount error. Tried using admin,1234 for username/password but getting the same result. My Remote Directory is \\NSA310\music in windows, any ideas, thanks.

Hi,

In Windows, what do u specify when u map a drive to the NAS?

Regards,

Tim

Hi,

So no userid and password correct?

I recall that Windows automatically supplies the logon userid and password during a drive mapping if it is required to gain access to a share.

Regards,

Tim

Correct, I have never had to input username/password to access my nas drive from windows, only needed when I access the nas drive direct with the supplied software, defaut username/password admin/1234.

Thanks

Correct, I have never had to input username/password to access my nas drive from windows, only needed when I access the nas drive direct with the supplied software, defaut username/password admin/1234.

Thanks

Hi,

I re-tested cifs mount with userid and password in my own environment and did not have any issues.

If its still not working for you, email me (tim at moodeaudio dot org) and I can help troubleshoot :-)

Regards,

Tim

Hi,

I re-tested cifs mount with userid and password in my own environment and did not have any issues.

If its still not working for you, email me (tim at moodeaudio dot org) and I can help troubleshoot :-)

Regards,

Tim

Hi Tim,

Thanks for looking into this, one question before I look into this further. If you had my setup what you would enter in the remote directory, username and password fields?

Barry

Hi Tim,

Thanks for looking into this, one question before I look into this further. If you had my setup what you would enter in the remote directory, username and password fields?

Barry

Hi Barry,

Now that I think about it, in your example Windows drive mapping:

DriveLetter: -> \\NSA310\music

"NSA310" is host name and "music" is the share name

Therefore in Moode I would enter "music" (without quotes) in Remote directory field.

Not sure about userid and password but I would first try with them blank unless you are certain that the "music" share is password protected.

Regards,

Tim Curtis

Hi Barry,

Now that I think about it, in your example Windows drive mapping:

DriveLetter: -> \\NSA310\music

"NSA310" is host name and "music" is the share name

Therefore in Moode I would enter "music" (without quotes) in Remote directory field.

Not sure about userid and password but I would first try with them blank unless you are certain that the "music" share is password protected.

Regards,

Tim Curtis

Thanks Tim, Music in the Remote Directory, Username Guest with password blank is working for me. :-)

Almost certain that is not what I had entered in ver. 2.1, who knows.

Barry

Hi,

Just an FYI that AndiG, the dev working on Moode 3 project, found the configuration bug that was causing some issues in the new cover art feature. Andi also provided some new code that does fast extract of embedded art in ALAC / m4a files :-))

After testing is complete, a bugfix release is planned. Due to changes in the distro itself this will be a complete release 2.3 image.

Regards,

Tim

Hi,

Moode Audio Player release 2.3 is available for download at moodeaudio.org :-)

This is a BUGFIX release that includes fixes for cover art display and Airplay name change, but also includes two nice new features! The first is support for embedded cover art in ALAC/m4a files and the second is support for USB DAC's in the volume knob cli.

Enjoy the groove!

Regards,

moodeaudio.org

Moode Twitter Feed

Tim Curtis

======================

2.3 Release 2015-09-05

======================

New features

- NEW: Display embedded album art in ALAC/m4a files

- NEW: Volume knob cli support for USB DAC's

Bug fixes

- FIX: Configuration causing issues for cover art

- FIX: Airplay name change does not fully complete

player-r23-1.png

After you have used the option in moode config to expand the sd card, you should have a folder called \\Moode\sdcard on the sd card, copy your music files to this folder then update the database. I used file manager in windows to copy music files from windows to my pi sd card. You will find moode under network in windows file manager. Hope this helps, it worked for me.

Unfortunately not. I am using currently the Pi for another different configuration. Perhaps I will come back to Moode someday.

Thanks anyway

Hi,

Moode posts the following SMB/CIFS shares:

NAS

RADIO

SDCARD

USB

USB2

USB3

USB4

They should show up under "Network" in Windows File Explorer or "Shared, All" in Mac Finder on the sidebar.

The shares can be accessed directly. Use host name "moode" or "moode.local" depending on which one resolves on your network. No userid or password is required.

- Windows: map a drive to \\moode\SDCARD

- Mac: Finder, Go, Connect to server.. cifs://moode/SDCARD

Regards,

Tim

Hi,

Just got my Pi Moode setup working and so far it is pretty good but I need to listen more.

Only problem I have is that I cannot get my CanaKit USB WiFi dongle to work? Anything special I need to do?

Thanks!

RIG:  iFi Zen Stream - Benchmark DAC3 L - LA4  AHB2 | Paradigm Sig S6 Cables:  anything available

Ho Tim,

thanks for the great work with moode.

I have only a problem, and a main aspect is this problem is showing the same exact way also with Volumio, so I think it could be related to Linux itself (maybe MPD).

My setup:

- Gigabit LAN + wifi

- Ubuntu Server workstation with some disk shared with samba, everything working fine accessing from Windows client, android etc...

and also with DLNA (Serviio as media server + BubbleUPnP)

- Raspberry PI 2 with Moode (or Volumio), cable connected to the LAN

- TEAC UD-501 as DAC (wonderful!)

- Android smartphone as control point, web-ui working fine!

- Also tested MPDroid and Mupeace, same behavior of web-ui, so everything is working fine.

I only have one problem, and it appears the same way with web-ui, MPDroid and Mupeace, so I think is related to MPD:

I can't see all my shared folders, only a part of them (let's say a 80%), what can cause this kind of problem?

Path length? Flac files with some peculiar character in filename?

When I use BubbleUPnP with Volumio or Moode as Renderer, I can see all my folders without problems.

Many thanks in advance!

Michele

Michele79

Ho Tim,

thanks for the great work with moode.

I have only a problem, and a main aspect is this problem is showing the same exact way also with Volumio, so I think it could be related to Debian or Linux or something similar.

My setup:

- Gigabit LAN + wifi

- Ubuntu Server workstation with some disk shared with samba, everything working fine accessing from Windows client, android etc...

and also with DLNA (Serviio as media server + BubbleUPnP)

- Raspberry PI 2 with Volumio, cable connected to the LAN

- TEAC UD-501 as DAC (wonderful!)

- Android smartphone as control point, web-ui working fine!

- Also tested MPDroid and Mupeace, same behavior of web-ui, so everything is working fine

I only have one problem, and it appears the same way with web-ui, MPDroid and Mupeace, so I think is related to MPD:

I can't see all my shared folders, only a part of them (let's say a 80%), what can cause this kind of problem?

Path length? Flac files with some peculiar character in filename?

When I use BubbleUPnP with Volumio or Moode as Renderer, I can see all my folders without problems.

Many thanks in advance!

Michele

Michele79

Hi Michele,

Very odd.

With respect to Moode, are you noticing the missing folders by looking at the Browse panel?

The symptoms suggest a possible permissions issue on the folders that can't be seen by Moode, MPDroid and Mupeace.

Regards,

Tim Curtis

Hi Michele,

Very odd.

With respect to Moode, are you noticing the missing folders by looking at the Browse panel?

The symptoms suggest a possible permissions issue on the folders that can't be seen by Moode, MPDroid and Mupeace.

Regards,

Tim Curtis

Hi Tim,

thanks for the quick reply.

With respect to your question, yes I'm noticing the missing folders in the Browse panel, and the behaviour is the exact same with Volumio, but not with RuneAudio (this one works ok in respect to this aspect). I don't think it could be a permissions problem, the structure is this:

Folder "/music", subfolder "A", subfolder "B",.....and so on up to subfolder "Z". In every subfolder there are artist subfolders, for example in folder "P" there's subfolder "Prodigy", subfolder "Pink Floyd", and so on. In Moode (and Volumio) I can navigate in "music", and I can see many subfolders (for example "P"), but not subfolder "G" that contains "Guns n Roses" subfolder.

Sorry for length but I think that in this way I was clear.

Many thanks for help,

Best regards

Michele

Hi Tim,

thanks for the quick reply.

With respect to your question, yes I'm noticing the missing folders in the Browse panel, and the behaviour is the exact same with Volumio, but not with RuneAudio (this one works ok in respect to this aspect). I don't think it could be a permissions problem, the structure is this:

Folder "/music", subfolder "A", subfolder "B",.....and so on up to subfolder "Z". In every subfolder there are artist subfolders, for example in folder "P" there's subfolder "Prodigy", subfolder "Pink Floyd", and so on. In Moode (and Volumio) I can navigate in "music", and I can see many subfolders (for example "P"), but not subfolder "G" that contains "Guns n Roses" subfolder.

Sorry for length but I think that in this way I was clear.

Many thanks for help,

Best regards

Michele

Hi Michele,

Here are some troubleshooting steps:

Remove existing Music source

(1) Remove existing NAS mount, wait a bit for MPD DB UPDATE to complete then reboot, --or-- if existing source is USB then

(2) Shutdown, remove USB device, power up, MPD DB UPDATE from Sources screen

Make a test music collection. It does not have to contain all the artists under each of F, G, and H, just a few of them. Be sure to include Guns N Roses under G.

(1) Copy /music/F, G, H directory structure to a USB stick so that same structure is maintained

(2) Plug in USB stick

(3) Reboot Moode

(4) MPD DB UPDATE from Sources screen

If the G directory still does not show up in Browse panel then make a zip file of the test music collection and email a download link to tim at moodeaudio dot org.

I'll analyze it.

Regards,

Tim Curtis

Hi Tim, as soon as I can I'll try what you suggested and I'll report back. Many thanks for helping, very appreciated!

Regards

Michele

Hi Tim, just tested what you suggested, and from USB stick folders and files are visible!

So the problem exhibits only from NAS. But I don't understand why, because files in these folders

are FLAC as in every "music" subfolder , and permissions and structure are the same.

There's no notable difference. Any ideas?

Many many thanks,

Regards

Michele