IGNORED

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

tcmods

Hi,

I'm going to install moode on my Raspberry, I have a couple of question:

- I use external HDD, which is the suggested way to format HDD? (ext2/3?, nfts?)

- once installed moode on RPI, can I control it straight on from my phone/tablet using MPDroid or Mupeace? or I have to install MPDeamon?

Thanks for your help

Michele

Hi, during week end I installed and configured my PI2 raspberry with MoOde audio.

I have an USB disk attached (self powered) and Wi-Fi receiver.

Every thing is fine and works flawlessly.

Thanks tim for your great work !!!

At the moment I have PI2 connected via USB to Aureon dual USB card and then to my PS Audio DAC. No issue at all.

In two weeks, I should receive a Gustard U12 USB-Aes Ebu interface. I’ll let you know how does it work.

In moode web UI I see the cover art of my cds with album Title and artist name, but in a line below appears also “unknow” (I have all wave files).

Is there a way to avoid this “unknown”.

Lastly, for MPDroid and MuPeace users, how can I set up correctly the app in order to see cover art in my android tablet?

I have all image files named “folder.jpeg”. I do not know what to write in path music

The text "Unknown album" or " Unknown artist" appears when the Artist and/or Album metadata tags are missing from the song file.

I'm not sure I can do anything about this, but all suggestions are welcome :-)

Hi Tim,

here is my suggestion for obtaining data from wav files. Let’see if it is achievable.

My music collection is organized in such folder and subfolders structure:

GENRE --> ARTIST NAME --> ALBUM TITLE

In case of WAV files (or in case metadata tags are missing) is it possible to instruct the software to obtain file information from the folder structure?

This way we could get at least basic information about the file (album title, artist name and genre).

Thanks

Hi,

after installing 2.4 release I noticed one thing not working correctly using the web UI from my android device (browser chrome for android).

While playing a file, the red circle indicating elapsed time goes forward correctly.

If I switch off and after a while switch on again the display of my android device, the red circle is still at the same point, while the time in numbers is updated correctly

michelemezza, thank you for input. How you are transporting data to DAC? I2S? Can it handle DSD? Today I made I2s cable and connected between moOde and LKS DAC. I specified in i2s moOde settings "general". It's working for PCM up to 24/192! But it doesn't with DSD...

Hi Tribon,

currently I'm transporting data using AESEBU cable. My DAC is an old but still excellent PS Audio SL Three that accepts only 44.1

At the moment my music collection is only 44.1 format based on my cd copies.

I'm thinking about accomplish the "big step" to high res files with a new DAC using I2S connection.

As far android controller is concerned, you can use Mupeace or even easier the web UI on your android browser

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hi Tim

I am getting some success now but my music is not categorised in Moode (artist, album, track etc). I believe I have to tag my music, but is there some free software that allows me to tag wav files?

using MediaMonkey you can easily and quickly tag wave file, but moode recognizes only genre, artist, song title, unfortunately does not recognize album

Here are some screenshots of a few more new features in Moode 2.5 :-)

(1) LCD Update Engine

This feature provides an inotifywait based engine that runs a user specified Python script whenever Moode UI changes. The script simply needs to parse the file /var/www/currentsong.txt to obtain the information below, then update the LCD panel.

Hi Tim,

this means that moode audio has "plug and play" feature for LCD display?

if I connect a display and I set display LCD engine ON, the display starts to work without writing anything?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...