IGNORED

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

tcmods

Hi Tim,

Just fired up my first ever Pi with Moode and can report that it's working perfectly with a Nuforce HDP DAC via USB.

I've been listening to some web radio, airplay from my phone and files from usb thumb drive. Love having my local Radio New Zealand stations and look forward to Radioactive being added in 2.4. Also great timing for xFAT support as El Capitan has made dealing with NTFS a royal PITA.

I'll soon have my hands on a Wyred4Sound DAC-2 which I'll test with USB and then aim to try I2S over HDMI from the Pi via an Audio-gd adapter. I'll let you know how that goes.

Keep up the awesome work!

Jimmy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm trying out some iOS UPNP controller apps with Moode.

Linn Kinski & Kazoo - pretty meh about both, they feel a bit clunky and uncared for.

Lumin - better but don't like the UI/UX very much - not 'clean & tidy'.

Auralic Lightning DS - I like this app the best but while it can see my library (Minimserver on Synology NAS) I can't get it to use Moode as a playback device.

Does anyone know if it's possible to use Lightning DS with Moode?

Also keen to hear any other recommendations.

Cheers,

Jimmy

Ps Tim if you're reading you can add the Wyred4sound DAC-2 DSD SE to the compatible list :-)

• 1 month later...
Hi,

Is there anybody successfully using either Lumin, Kazoo or Lightning DS iPad applications as control points for Moode player?

I have tried all of them using Moode's UPnP and DNLA settings individually or combined without success. I am sure am missing something.

I am currently using MPad as control app and works fairly well.

Please share your experience, settings, advice, etc.

Thanks a lot in advance,

I have used both Kazoo and Lumin with Moode. Lightning DS seems to only be for their hardware.

If Moode is your endpoint and Kazoo/Lumin the controller you still need a server to index and send the files. Are you running Minimserver or BubblePNPserver somewhere?