IGNORED

USB (or Ethernet) to AES/EBU converter?

I'd be careful about relying on the CA C.A.S.H. list too heavily for recommendations. That list is woefully out of date and many well regarded products (in all categories) have come out since any maintenance was done on it.

So maybe look around in some of the forums. And you obviously did a good thing by asking the question here.

With all do respect, newer doesn't equal better.

Sorry Chris, I did not mean to imply that. But also with due respect, there are many worthy products not listed, and a large number of the products on the C.A.S.H. list are discontinued (e.g. 2 of the 4 USB>S/PDIF converters), and/or the links are dead.

In addition, the continued omission of two popular--and highly regarded by your membership--software players (Audirvana+ and HQ Player), while still linking to the defunct free version of Audirvana and to OS Lion(!), makes it appear that you have left the C.A.S.H. list to linger in the dust bin. With but two exceptions, all the entires on the list date from 2013 and earlier--most MUCH earlier.

I agree that newer is not always batter, and groundbreaking products don't come along very often. But computer audio does not stand still and I think people--especially new folks visiting CA for the first time--would be well served by some refresh and culling of the C.A.S.H. list.

You know I've made this place my home and so this is just my friendly $0.02. I try to clean and organize my own closets once in a while even if only a few things get tossed out and a couple of items added. :)

Looking forward to seeing you in Berkeley in about 6 weeks!

--Alex C.