IGNORED

USB (or Ethernet) to AES/EBU converter?

I am using this one if you are looking for a no compromise solution:

Hydra Z | Audiobyte

That looks like the king of the hill

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

@Wakibaki: I don’t understand what you’re saying, either. :-) One thing seems to be clear from the comments above: My question is actually two separate questions.

1) How do I get a great USB -> AES/EBU converter, preferably with an all-digital preamp – that is volume control, source selector and at least one analogue input with an ADC?

2) How do I get a digital signal wirelessly from my laptop to this digital preamp? If this is at all possible without any audio degradation.

I had hoped that there’d be one all-in-one solution, but that seems to be an unobtainable dream.

One option to solve both is Aries, which does have a digital volume control (not for DSD files though). But I don't know how well that works when connected directly to an amp (ie if the volume control can reliably be set to a starting level rather than max). In this case your laptop works as a wireless server of music files.

I presume you insist on files on your laptop because you use them elsewhere, but I would strongly recommend you use a NAS and file replication instead, and use the NAS to serve the Aries. That way you get backup for free.

As for true digital preamps the only solution I am aware of is Meridian.

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics