IGNORED

Lampizator Level & and Big 7 tubes

Hi all!

New here but not new to LampizatOr...

I wanted to start this thread so people can describe expericenes with different tubes in their Level 7, Big 7 and Lite 7 DACs.

Just recenltly moved to Level 7 from Level 5 and this means new stuff to learn and new experiences to gain.

In my case I started with stock Psvane 101Ds and Russian rectifiers.

Rectifiers I practically instantly swapped with NOS RCA from 1940s as I had good experience with this swap in my Level 5. Also my Level 5 had a great combo of 1960s ECC81 Marconi brand made in France tube + Dutch made 1960s Amperex ECC82.

After say 500 hours I will also try out Sylvania rectifiers that I have.

As for 101Ds I ordered Psvane WE replicas.

101D.jpg

Psvane 101D

WE101D.jpg

Psvane 101D Western Electric replica

I am very curious if anyone had a chance to compare the replicas to oryginal Western Electric tubes?

Ofcourse another tube type suggestions would be great.

As I am new to CA I hope I did not start a thread that was already started by someone else long time ago.

Thanks!

Hi all!

New here but not new to LampizatOr...

I wanted to start this thread so people can describe expericenes with different tubes in their Level 7 and Big 7 DACs.

Just recenltly moved to Level 7 from Level 5 and this means new stuff to learn and new experiences to gain.

In my case I started with stock Psvane 101Ds and Russian rectifiers.

Rectifiers I practically instantly swapped with NOS RCA from 1940s as I had good experience with this swap in my Level 5. After say 500 hours I will also try Sylvania rectifiers that I have.

As for 101Ds I ordered Psvane WE replicas.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17323[/ATTACH]

Psvane 101D

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17324[/ATTACH]

Psvane 101D Western Electric replica

I am very curious if anyone had a chance to compare the replicas to oryginal Western Electric tubes?

Ofcourse another tube type suggestions would be great.

As I am new to CA I hope I did not start a thread that was already started by someone else long time ago.

Thanks!

I began with the Psvane 101D, tried some others like Emission Labs 45 & 5U4GM rectifier (between a lot) and finished using the Psvane 101D Western Electric replica & NOS Mullard GZ34 - 7 Notch plate rectifier that I love.

I'm on a B7.

Roch

Yes, I hear that Cunningham CX345 and Sylvania VT-52 are good options. I hope to obtain pairs of these soon and post some info. For now I can say that 101D-L WE replicas vs stock Psvane 101D is an obivious choice for someone that feels that spending 3x the money is ok ;-)