Jump to content
rwwjr44

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

N100C is a response to consumer, dealer, and distributor demand. 

And the UC100 is no response to consumer, dealer, and distributor demand? I see the point that there is more money to be made with a 2.5 K streamer than with a what, a 600 $ piece of equipment. But as a consumer, I'd put my money into future proof equipment rather. Nevertheless, I don't want to start any discussions on the merits of USB versus SPDIF, or vice versa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why argue about the options a company decides to offer or not? I'm sure they can justify their reasons. However, for example, if you have a large capacity X100, your options to add SPDIF is to buy a cheap(ish) adapter or an expensive replacement. The choice is yours :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mjb said:

Why argue about the options a company decides to offer or not? I'm sure they can justify their reasons. However, for example, if you have a large capacity X100, your options to add SPDIF is to buy a cheap(ish) adapter or an expensive replacement. The choice is yours :-)

I completely agree.its pointless to discuss!

 

steve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mjb said:

Why argue about the options a company decides to offer or not? I'm sure they can justify their reasons. However, for example, if you have a large capacity X100, your options to add SPDIF is to buy a cheap(ish) adapter or an expensive replacement. The choice is yours :-)

You‘re perfectly right!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aurender debuted a Cd-ripper storage piece for 6400.00 Really shaking my head on this one. You would think they would work on a stand-alone DAC but they have no future plans for that.

Maybe the rest of the world thinks differently.


EtherREGEN, Cary DMS 600 > Monoblock Odyssey Kismet Extremes in Stratos cases( Stillpoints, Sr Black fuses)> Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Cerious Technologies Matrix IC and Speaker Cable, SoTM dBl7,

Audience aR2p_TOSOX  power conditioner, Audience Au24se ,Triode Wire labs,Synergistic, power cables. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, russellbobby said:

Aurender debuted a Cd-ripper storage piece for 6400.00 Really shaking my head on this one. You would think they would work on a stand-alone DAC but they have no future plans for that.

Maybe the rest of the world thinks differently.

Hmm.. wouldn't be my first choice either.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, russellbobby said:

Aurender debuted a Cd-ripper storage piece for 6400.00 Really shaking my head on this one. You would think they would work on a stand-alone DAC but they have no future plans for that.

Maybe the rest of the world thinks differently.

 

Aurender offers a CD ripper?


Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE. Rega Planar 8 with Alpheta 2 cartridge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ACS (Aurender Content Server) is really cool. It's so much more than a CD ripper. I'm getting the first review unit in the world and look forward to writing about it.

 

I first heard about the concept roughly two years ago. It was a big undertaking for Aurender and is incredibly versatile and powerful. 

 

 


Founder of Audiophile Style

Announcing Polestar | Quick Community Reviews and Ratings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

ACS (Aurender Content Server) is really cool. It's so much more than a CD ripper. I'm getting the first review unit in the world and look forward to writing about it.

 

I first heard about the concept roughly two years ago. It was a big undertaking for Aurender and is incredibly versatile and powerful. 

 

 

Thanks. Found a brief discussion here: http://www.audioshark.org/aurender-185/aurender-content-server-12460.html


Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE. Rega Planar 8 with Alpheta 2 cartridge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mabe said:

...I couldn`t resist .....just bought a N10.

 

After comparing my X100 extensively with a N10 in my changed setup again the overall N10 presentation was much better than expected.

No blind test was necessary, the improvements (blackness, neutrality, micro details, quietness at low level signals etc) have been realized within seconds.

 

Setup:

1.      X100 à Devialet 220pro (USB input)    à Piega Coax 90.2

2.      N10   à Devialet 220pro (SPDIF input) à Piega Coax 90.2

3.      N10   à Devialet 220pro (USB input)     à Piega Coax 90.2

 

All output levels have been adjusted to ~ 0.1 dB (at 1 kHz)

 

Setup 2 was slightly better than 3. It seems the reclocking technic involved provides cleaner “signal purity”. But who knows?

 

Is the upgrade worth the extra amount of many?  For me and even for my “very old” ears, yes.

 

Now, looking forward to the installation by end of next week…..

 

Manfred

Congratulations! I'm not really surprised by your findings as I made the same jump in the past. Enjoy! ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mabe said:

...I couldn`t resist .....just bought a N10.

Congratulations! This is where I’m aiming for too, but I need a bigger piggy bank....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, mabe said:

...I couldn`t resist .....just bought a N10.

 

After comparing my X100 extensively with a N10 in my changed setup again the overall N10 presentation was much better than expected.

No blind test was necessary, the improvements (blackness, neutrality, micro details, quietness at low level signals etc) have been realized within seconds.

 

Setup:

1.      X100 à Devialet 220pro (USB input)    à Piega Coax 90.2

2.      N10   à Devialet 220pro (SPDIF input) à Piega Coax 90.2

3.      N10   à Devialet 220pro (USB input)     à Piega Coax 90.2

 

All output levels have been adjusted to ~ 0.1 dB (at 1 kHz)

 

Setup 2 was slightly better than 3. It seems the reclocking technic involved provides cleaner “signal purity”. But who knows?

 

Is the upgrade worth the extra amount of many?  For me and even for my “very old” ears, yes.

 

Now, looking forward to the installation by end of next week…..

 

Manfred

 

You'll love it. The Aurender and Devialet match sounds great. The upgrade to the N10 is one I will never regret. I am still debating the upgrade to the 220 Pro.


Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE. Rega Planar 8 with Alpheta 2 cartridge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see I am not alone in my travels from the X100 to the N10.  I agree with the statements above, the difference is obvious and clear.

 

What is this I see about purchasing a software upgrade to enable MQA decoding in software?


No electron left behind...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use AIFF because I find they sound better than either ALAC or FLAC, and I lose nothing regarding tagging.


No electron left behind...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding MQA vs Hi-rez files on the hdd.  While I did not conduct this test on the Aurender, I did on my iMac using A+ with the direct mode re-enabled on a downloaded AIFF file I have in 24/96 matching the MQA file and found I liked the local file better than the MQA version.  My opinion, your mileage may vary, etc.


No electron left behind...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

I see I am not alone in my travels from the X100 to the N10.  I agree with the statements above, the difference is obvious and clear.

 

What is this I see about purchasing a software upgrade to enable MQA decoding in software?

If you want your Aurender to do the first MQA unfold you need to buy that option. You can do that straight from the Conductor app.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

I use AIFF because I find they sound better than either ALAC or FLAC, and I lose nothing regarding tagging.

Do you/your ears find that FLAC converted externally to AIFF, and saved back to the Aurender for playback, sound better as well? I just can’t face re-ripping everything, but manually converting my favorite stuff might be an option. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In order to get Tidal to sound nearer to my stored music on my N10 I've done tweaks such as isolating the router from the Ethernet cable and upgrading that cable to an audiophile level.  But while the sound has gotten significantly better it  still seems to lack the "body" of played stored music.  I'm seeking and open to all suggestions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, mjb said:

Do you/your ears find that FLAC converted externally to AIFF, and saved back to the Aurender for playback, sound better as well? I just can’t face re-ripping everything, but manually converting my favorite stuff might be an option. 

 

All the music I have downloaded is in FLAC and then converted to AIFF, so yes.


No electron left behind...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

 

All the music I have downloaded is in FLAC and then converted to AIFF, so yes.

Nothing wrong with using AIFF, but as mentioned here before: WAV also supports metadata for years already and your Aurender will show them perfectly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Platek said:

In order to get Tidal to sound nearer to my stored music on my N10 I've done tweaks such as isolating the router from the Ethernet cable and upgrading that cable to an audiophile level.  But while the sound has gotten significantly better it  still seems to lack the "body" of played stored music.  I'm seeking and open to all suggestions.

I think you've taken the right measures. I did the same and Tidal sounds almost equally good as local files now. However, I think there will always be some differences between streaming from Tidal and local files. Have you considered the fact that Tidal is FLAC-based? When you compare the same CD album through Tidal with a proper local WAV rip of the same album, the latter will sound slightly better just because of the format.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...