IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

Hey A10 owners

Do you guys ever use the upsample feature on the A10?  I go back and forth. Doesn't seem like  much of a difference. Any opinions?

27x17x10 Golden Ratio room,EtherRegen>Melco N1A EX H60 server/streamer >T+A Dac 200>Coda CsIB > Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Townshend Podiums, Custom swarm sub system , Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR cable, Townshend F1 Fractal speaker cables  SoTM dBl7 Ethernet cable, Puritan 156, Farad 3 LPS,  Synergistic, Audience,and Triode wire labs power cabling ,Stillpoints, SR fuses,GIK Slatfusors

I use the dac in mine and run it thru a Micro Zotl 2.0s  tube pre. The built in pre is not bad if you don't have a good pre amp to compare to.

I am not a fan of the digital volume control so its a non starter for me.

The built in Dac is very good I think. Certainly not reference, but solid. Held its own when my bud brought over his Yggy. I think the lack of a usb/spdif connection with the DAC being integrated  really adds to the SQ.

I will probably go back to separates one day but satisfied for now.  I ran it with a battery for a bit and sounded pretty good , but the trade off was removing from the Audience conditioner so it wasn't worth the effort of maintaining  the battery.

I wonder how the A100 will stack up...

Russ

27x17x10 Golden Ratio room,EtherRegen>Melco N1A EX H60 server/streamer >T+A Dac 200>Coda CsIB > Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Townshend Podiums, Custom swarm sub system , Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR cable, Townshend F1 Fractal speaker cables  SoTM dBl7 Ethernet cable, Puritan 156, Farad 3 LPS,  Synergistic, Audience,and Triode wire labs power cabling ,Stillpoints, SR fuses,GIK Slatfusors

1 minute ago, Noushy said:

Welcome Vincent. For some reason this thread has turned snippy with people attacking others immediately. Not a good thing especially with so few Aurender owners and everyone may have something to contribute. I personally own three units and could easily have had a W20 but until I got my new DAC there was no sense. Now I am waiting for the replacement if I am going to spend that kind of money. (MSB Premiere DAC)

Noushy

This is/was a safe haven for Aurender discussion.  Please lets keep it that way.

Not going to make Axpona this year. I am sure the A30 will be around and hopefully not just a static display.  If the preamp section was good enough I would consider this down the road. Love the sound of the AKM  chips.  

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, jon2020 said:

Can't wait......

20190307_042110.png

Me either ... a DSD file playing on Tidal in MQA. They must know something we dont :)  But we do know this is not an actual screenshot.

15 minutes ago, jon2020 said:

If I am not mistaken, dsd files played with MQA decoding are converted to pcm by an MQA capable dac.

If the dac is not MQA capable but dsd capable,  dsd files should play natively. 

Just saying Tidal does not stream dad so this is a fictitious screen shot 

7 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

That screenshot isn't showing a track streaming from Tidal.

In the Que it shows the current track as a Tidal MQA stream.   Up top it shows as a Local DSD file being played.  Am I missing something?

I have notice that Qobuz has  yanked some files recently. They will show up in your Que and try to play for a few seconds and then go to the next track.

Also there is MQA files sprinkled in on Qobuz. I am not sure how the N10 works with Qobuz as it will do the first unfold on Tidal.

I have had 3 Aurender Streamers/dacs and they have all been rock solid. Usually the glitches are on my part or network issues.

Hope you hang in as the N10 is a highly regarded player and Aurender support is second to none.

21 minutes ago, rwwjr44 said:

I suggest that (if possible) you arrange an home addition of the Aurender piece and decide for yourself. It may take a bit of arrangement with an Aurender dealer but is the only way to subjectively answer your question. 

If you are able to do this, please report your findings.

Musicdirect is an authorized dealer and offers 60 day in home trial. 

• 3 weeks later...

Believe it or not I sold my A10 but missed it so much I bought another one.  This one is having a hard time recognizing the usb as it shows it attached but no options where you can either download or play from the the Stick.  Cannot move files over the network either.

I have a call into Support hopefully they can figure it out. Has anybody seen this before?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, honeymustardsteve said:

Which is the best based upon your experience: Aurender A10, Lumin T2 (likely haven't heard this yet), Simaudio 380D, mytek manhattan 2, ps audio direcstream.

I'm looking for an all in 1 streamer system and dac which does MQA. I saw that that a few of these items have 5 star reviews but hard to know which is the best in terms of sound quality. 

I owned both the A10 and the T2. You can listen to an Aurender all day long. The Lumin sounds fantastic with certain music with much more detail than the Aurender but sometimes that comes with listener fatigue. Naturally the A10 has 4tb of storage. The T2 can play files from attached USB. I Sold them both as I anxiously await the new version of the Lindemann Musicbook.  It incorporates the AKM 4493 dac chip and  the Muses 72320 ladder volume control ( which is found in the Pass labs  XP30) so I am hoping to get rid of my pre which I could not do with either the Aurender or the Lumin.  The musicbook is a real nice analog pre-amp to boot. 

Instead of the bridge with the PS audio DSD I think you are better off with a used Aurender N100 feeding it. The network card seems to be its weakest link and for a few more bucks used you can really kick up SQ. But again another box.

Good luck with your choice but check out the Musicbook.  

• 2 months later...

Filled my I pad pro using an Aurender A10

• 4 months later...

Although I have moved on from multiple Aurenders , Stillpoints   ultra minis worked the best in my system.