IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, bbosler said:

sorry to quote myself, but I read the article about DSP and Mitch Barnett and took the plunge. Very happy with the Audiolense filters Mitch put together for me using Roon on Mac Mini. So does this mean if using the W20SE you have to abandon Roon and convolution or is there a way to add these filters with the W20SE? 

Yes, you would have to abandon Roon and as of now abandon the convolution filters too. I’ve been looking for a good solution that enables using convolution filters with Aurender servers but so far have only found one that enables all the music to be pulled from anther computer that applies the filter. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

1 hour ago, Vincent1234 said:

OK, then I misunderstood. So, can you explain to me what convolution filters are? Would like to understand. Thanks!

Convolution filters are often created by someone who has taken measurements of a room, to change the frequency response heard at the listening position. Here is a little article about my experience. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

3 minutes ago, Custodian said:

I agree. Blowing out of the water is a lot to ask. Last time it happened to me was when I added a BVA clock to my Aurender w20/ DCS System. The unexpected degree of improvement was staggering. 

it is possible that there are other changes of major magnitude. For my bank account, I hope I don’t meet any others soon!

What’s a BVA clock?

Sorry if I’m slow. It’s early :~)

4 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

well, I have decided to order a Small Green Computer Sonic Transporter i9 Optical with Roon and HQplayer, and have the 8TB of SSD storage inside it, this and the Signature Rendu SE optical ought to be one hell of a combination.

@The Computer Audiophile  you're welcome to bring a W20 over and we can  decide which is best. 😉

Excuse me, I have the W20 and W20SE 😁

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Tip Tansley said:

New to this group & have scanned the articles.  Good discussions - much to read.   However, in my scanning I didn't notice comments regarding support and I desire to comment on that topic.  I have both an A10 and an ACS-10.   My experience with Aurender has been post sales support is first class and, for me, is a major reason why I'm staying with Aurender.  (Products have worked great - I've just had lots of questions and have always been responded to).  

Your comment is timely.

The last few days I’ve been trying to figure out some technical challenges behind the scenes of this site. The first one was caused by Amazon. The company offers no real explanation for what it does. There are no people there willing to help either. It’s all forum based “support.” Frustrating to say the least. 

Your comment about Aurender’s support made me wish I was dealing with them and made me realize how nice a real support team can be. Aurender has connected to my servers remotely over the years. Fixed the issues without me doing a thing. Very nice. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, bsinc said:

Later that same day: Ari got hold of me via my service request. After clarifying a few things he said he’d work on my case to make the Aurender work with the Ayre. Hours later I received an email to reboot my digital gear and see if the patch he applied worked. It did! It does! No volume issues- I switched between every sampling rate in my library and back to DSD seamlessly. Outstanding service and support all in less than 1 day

344E797A-5C6A-4B3B-BC44-97F455DF279C.jpeg

Terrific!

47 minutes ago, Ponzi said:

Please excuse this question if already asked.  Should I be using the optical outputs in my N10 and if so what optical interconnection do you recommend?

I’ve had great luck with cheap ones that don’t weigh much. High end heavy ones cause the light to lose alignment in my experience. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, bbosler said:

The idea that it needs to cost $10-30,000 to be optimized is in my mind ... ridiculous

Don't forget that a company like Aurender pays its employees salaries and health care, has a full time support staff, has duplicate spare parts for all its units just incase they fail, and sells its products through distributors and dealers, and sells at a tiny scale compared to something like a Raspberry Pi.

2 minutes ago, kilroy said:

Hey Chris thanks for pointing that out. No, missed it because like I said I haven't been around much. I'd love to know who the perps were that left, I'm sure many were on my list as well. Maybe I'll stick around a bit more now. Thanks!

Happy to have you here and always open to your feedback. 

6 hours ago, Jesse Locken said:

I know that you don’t know much about any of this, in actual fact, and are just parroting it in the interest of an advertiser from whom you extract revenue.

A journalistic approach and proper evaluation and investigation into this brand and company would have perhaps led you to a much different conclusion. 

I don't think you know at all what you are talking about, so it's probably a better idea for you not to say anything about it.

Hi Jesse, it’s nice to see you here, but it’s unfortunate you’ve chosen take this slanderous and accusatory route. The only thing I’m uncertain of in my post is health insurance and that’s why I stated “a company like Aurender” rather than stating it as fact. It’s a generalization. 

All other things I mentioned are actually true. At some point parts do run out so I suppose you could get me on that one but that’s not the spirit of my comment. 

- Aurender pays its employees salaries

- has a full time support staff,

- has duplicate spare parts for all its units just incase they fail, and

- sells its products through distributors and dealers, and

- sells at a tiny scale

14 minutes ago, Vincent1234 said:

Not sure what application you are thinking of exactly. The clock-in of the W20/W20 SE can/should be used if you are using a isosynchronous connection such as SPDIF or AES-EBU (single or double) to a DAC that's using the same clock input. This is required to keep both DAC and W20 in sync. When using a W20 (SE) with a USB connection to your DAC you will not need to connect the W20 to the clock, as USB is asynchronous. The N10 does not have a clock input. So an external clock using an N10 would only make sense to improve the sound quality of the DAC you are using (provided of course that it has an external clock input).

I myself am using a Rossini Player + clock with a W20 connected through USB - so no clock connection to the W20 needed. Works fantastic provided you use a top quality USB cable. We have tested this against double AES-EBU with dCS clock connection + USB dongle to automatically change the clock frequencies. The latter solution is MUCH more expensive but didn't sound better than USB.

If using a DAC with clock output and AES I highly recommend using that to send click to the W20’s clock input. 

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, lmf22 said:
I just got the N100C. I'm trying to transfer music from my desktop computer. I noticed that every few files, the transfer speed would drop to zero and then starts again after a few seconds. The transfer speeds are also slow. The average is about 200 Mbps; max about 600-700 Mbps but rarely. Is this normal? 

I tried using Windows Explorer and SyncBack (it mirrors contents from desktop to the N100C).  
My router is Netgear AC1750 (R6700v3). It's capable of 1Gbps on Ethernet. 
All connections are Ethernet using Cat7 cables. 
I'm using Windows 10 Home. 

I also emailed Aurender support, but thought I should try here too, hoping someone would know what's going on or tell me that's normal. I had the X100L before, but it has been years since I've tried to transfer my entire music library, so I don't remember if this is normal. 

The limiting factor is always the speed at which the drives can read and write, not one’s network. Your speeds are normal.