IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

3 hours ago, russellbobby said:

Aurender debuted a Cd-ripper storage piece for 6400.00 Really shaking my head on this one. You would think they would work on a stand-alone DAC but they have no future plans for that.

Maybe the rest of the world thinks differently.

Aurender offers a CD ripper?

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

ACS (Aurender Content Server) is really cool. It's so much more than a CD ripper. I'm getting the first review unit in the world and look forward to writing about it.

I first heard about the concept roughly two years ago. It was a big undertaking for Aurender and is incredibly versatile and powerful. 

Thanks. Found a brief discussion here: http://www.audioshark.org/aurender-185/aurender-content-server-12460.html

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, mabe said:

...I couldn`t resist .....just bought a N10.

After comparing my X100 extensively with a N10 in my changed setup again the overall N10 presentation was much better than expected.

No blind test was necessary, the improvements (blackness, neutrality, micro details, quietness at low level signals etc) have been realized within seconds.

Setup:

1.      X100 à Devialet 220pro (USB input)    à Piega Coax 90.2

2.      N10   à Devialet 220pro (SPDIF input) à Piega Coax 90.2

3.      N10   à Devialet 220pro (USB input)     à Piega Coax 90.2

All output levels have been adjusted to ~ 0.1 dB (at 1 kHz)

Setup 2 was slightly better than 3. It seems the reclocking technic involved provides cleaner “signal purity”. But who knows?

Is the upgrade worth the extra amount of many?  For me and even for my “very old” ears, yes.

Now, looking forward to the installation by end of next week…..

Manfred

You'll love it. The Aurender and Devialet match sounds great. The upgrade to the N10 is one I will never regret. I am still debating the upgrade to the 220 Pro.

• 2 weeks later...

Will someone explain the recent move by Aurender to join the Ravenna community?

Thanks

2 hours ago, mjb said:

http://www.merging.com/news/news-stories/aurender-joins-ravenna-community

Looks like an easy way for Aurender to offer multi-room with audio over IP.

Thanks, I read that. I was hoping that someone had more information. Anyone?

• 2 weeks later...

RE: RAVENNA

Thanks @marslo I need to do a bit more research. I briefly went to the RAVENNA site a few weeks ago and didn't find much. From what I have seen this may be a very nice feature.

10 hours ago, TubeLover said:

Given all the current issues with Tidal, it appears there is a real likelihood of it going under, and yes, I hate to even think of that as a possibility. But, if it were to happen, our Aurenders would be reduced to nothing more than a means to access our digital libraries, in one form or another. Not a good thing.

JC

If you do streaming, yes. BUT if you love to listen to your own vast library, it won't mean anything. I fall into the latter category and may be in the minority here. :) 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/2/2018 at 9:58 AM, panda123456 said:

I have a N10 connecting to a devialet 220 pro via AES cable. I want to further improve SQ. I just come across a master clock called Grimm audio cc1, which provides reclocking for AES signal. Does anybody have experience on using AES signal reclocker with aurender N10 and does  it makes sense to improve SQ? Thank.

Visit the DevialetChat forum there are a good number of posts concerning reclockers there.

2 hours ago, jon2020 said:

I organise my whole library into several folders, each containing many different cd set folders and all the metadata within each cd folder remains intact.

Each time you rip a cd from a set, you get a separate folder for that particular cd. You can then move each of the cd folders into a new folder named for the whole set.

This the way it should work BUT sometimes the metadata of one or more CD's in the set differ and Aurender will rearrange things. If you have ever used one of those automatic metadata apps be sure to carefully check the results.

• 1 month later...

I would love to see the Wikipedia lookup feature replaced with an AllMusic connection (which requires a subscription). I now use AllMusic for my lookups because so much music information is missing from Wikipedia.

• 1 month later...

Conductor 3.0 on the way sometime this year????

Seems Aurender added two upgrades that I missed:

App 2.9.9 (August 26, 2018)

Changes from 2.9.8

Fixed Korean Streaming issue notification doesn’t work

System SW 4(5).13.35 / App 2.9.8

Released on August 16 2018

Added notification to report subscription expiry on streaming services.

Restored alphabetical sorting by Artist in Album view.

Fixed bug where rating information was not applied after new database download

Fixed wrong sampling rate is displayed when MQA Unfolding is on.

Improved Japanese and Spanish translation

Fixed other minor issues.

• Check the display on the N10 to see that the track is displayed there.
  • Is there a mute switch engaged somewhere in the chain?
  • Make sure that all of the "switches" on the Conductor app haven't been inadvertently changed.
  • Have any wires been disturbed?
  • Restart the entire system (power off)

Sometimes we loose power and have to reboot. You should have a connection since you can see the track on the Conductor app but sometimes strange things occur with computers.

• 2 weeks later...

I only see Tidal and Spotify on my N10. I live in the U.S.A. so that may be why.

I read somewhere in this thread that there is a "trick" to get the Conductor app to display the lyrics.

On 2/8/2016 at 9:46 AM, Cycleman said:

The Aurender Composer app has what seems to me like a hidden feature: lyrics.

I say "hidden," because when I search the app's PDF guide for the term "lyric" nothing comes up.

Here's how it works:

• When a track is playing, tap the track's cover (small, on the upper left side) to make it full-screen on your iPad.
  • Then tap the full-screen cover.
  • If there are lyrics in the track's metadata, they will then appear over the full-screen cover image.

Pretty simple, yes?

And to get the lyrics into any track's metadata is a question of using your tagging-and-editing application to insert them.

For me, that's iTunes (which works well all the time for me for PCM music tagging and editing, but that's another post).

And I simply have searched for lyrics online, and then I do a copy-and-paste into the track's Lyrics field.

If you have more questions about this, just post them and I'll be glad to, will try to, help.

Smiles,

Dave, who has now given himself more music library editing work and will likely next add lyrics to his pretty much complete collection of Natalie Merchant songs since her website has the full lyrics and so that means they're easy to get

Here is the post about lyrics. I haven't tried it recently so YMMV.

Anyone hear anything about new product and/or Conductor updates? ?

• 2 weeks later...

My advice concerning which Aurender to buy -> buy the model that you can afford given your circumstances. We have heard about folks being "house poor", "car poor", etc. and I know the temptations of those as well as wanting a Leica camera and a W20. I haven't always followed my advice and have often regretted it. There are just too many other things to do in life. ?

14 hours ago, Deyorew said:

I have a few questions about the Aurender N100H. I have been eyeing it for about two years now but haven't pulled the trigger.

1) If I get the 2TB model, can I add a SSD externally or swap out the HD to a larger size? What are my options here for upgrading. (I don't intend to have a NAS, but I am not opposed to hooking up my 2TB external SSD I have.

2) The N100H and C have been out for many years, any word on model updates or discontinuing? Any new "entry level" Aurnder products coming soon?

3) Do you folks enjoy the Conductor app more so than other software like J River or Roon if files are stored locally?

4) how well does it manage DSD content? I have a lot of ripped SACDs, both original ISO and converted to DSF formats. How does it handle these? Does it pass multichannel? Does it send DSD gapless? Are there any quirks between sending DSD vs FLAC vs ALAC formats? I would be connected to my Oppo 205 USB input for a while until I upgraded to a separate DAC and my long term goal is gapless DSD natively and of course all PCM based formats natively.

1. I was told that the removal and replacement of any of the drives should be done by Aurender. I vaguely remember someone changing an HDD without problem.
  2. There are rumors about something new but the only thing I saw written was that the Conductor app will be refreshed.
  3. There are a few quirks when using the Conductor app but the only thing I don't particular like is the color scheme.
  4. DSD 64 works well via the USB port. You can visit the Aurender site and see if any other ports can pass DSD 64.
    1. I haven't noticed any problems when playing DSD -> FLAC -> Wav in any order. Sometimes I'll notice a brief click during the transition to/fro DSD titles.
    2. I forget whether there is a gapless problem. Perhaps someone that is gapless aware will say something. :)
  5. I use J River on my PC only. I admire Roon but don't feel the need to use it. The Conductor needs a few improvements but works just fine for me.
    1. If the Conductor linked to AllMusic instead of Wikipedia, I would be content

I recommend getting one on loan (or with a great return policy) and listen to it.

• 1 month later...

Synergistic offers a few great USB cables.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, edje said:

I have a problem with my A10 Aurender. When playing DSD files from my NAS sometimes there is during playback of music a very loud hum in stead of the music. Only solution to stop the hum is to select another track and all is fine then. After some listening the problem occurs again randomly. When I import the same album to the Aurender it does not occur and plays the whole album without problems.

Does this sound familliar?

Seems that this is a problem with the NAS or connectivity between NAS and your A10. If you have enough disk space on your A10, why not move all of your files there? It is simpler and more reliable. 

New Version Aurender 4(5).15,19 Aurender Conductor 2.9.13
Changes after Aurender 4(5).14.43 & Aurender Conductor 2.9.12 

• Conductor now provides notification of a new app version issued
• Improved scanner
  Multiple artist support using ; or | as delimiters
• When using “Add to my library” for streaming content, the sorting of albums featuring various artists will remain singular
  and not in multiple albums by each artist
• Streaming service stability improved with minor bugs fixed
• ACS support improved to include support for up to three connected Aurender units
• Stability improved with minor bugs fixed