IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

On 7/26/2019 at 4:24 AM, The Fonz said:

Love the new look. One bug though. Streaming from qobuz no track title on the display of my n100. On both lines the artistname appears. Display is ok with TIDAL and library. Only with qobuz it’s wrong. 

Check a couple different albums. Then check the meta data that Qobuz is sending. I did this and found that Qobuz wasn't sending the correct or same metadata for each track. 

For example, Mazzy Star's album So Tonight That i Might See shows up as Mazzy Star for both the artist and album on my Aurender. Switching to Jack DeJohnette's album Jack DeJohnette's Directions shows both artist and album name appropriately on the Aurender. Looking at the Qobuz metadata shows the discrepancy. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

52 minutes ago, honeymustardsteve said:

Yes it’s ok to stop supporting as long as there is a working version so that we aren’t left stranded and forced to spend more money. 

While this may seem like a reasonable request, it's a nightmare for manufacturers. Maintaining two versions of an app can be much more work. On the Android side this would be untenable. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

36 minutes ago, sfseay said:

If Aurender wouldn't be so stubborn and would starting supporting Roon issues like future compatibility would be eliminated.

I think you're dreaming on this one. Introducing a third party can only increase the complexity and issues. Both companies have their own minimum requirements. When you combine them it can get ugly. 

47 minutes ago, sfseay said:

I disagree.  Dozens of vendors support Roon and the experience even with upgrades is seamless.  I have used Roon with three different Lumin devices, a Bryston BDP-1, Auralic G2, PS Audio Directstream all without issues. 

I highly recommend asking around. Many manufacturers are frustrated by what Roon makes them do in order to be Roon Ready. For example, a new one is that Roon requires a device volume be at a certain level. This won’t be possible for some manufacturers with analog volume control. Also, a Roon Ready end point must be visible on the network at all times. Thus, products now need another power supply that only keeps the network card available for Roon to see. Powering much more will break EU rules for energy consumption when a product is in sleep mode. 

I understand why Roon required these items for the best end user experience but you should know it isn’t all sunshine for manufacturers. 

6 minutes ago, mabe said:

+1

...even if I would belong to a "small minority" , aurender enabled/facilitated me beautiful hours of music w/o any HW/SW troubles.

I think, there is always a market for music enthusiasts willing to spend a lot of money in high quality products from reliable companies.

My many years of experience with aurender has proven its worth.    

I agree. There is a larger market for this than most people think. In addition,  many people talk about Roon versus Aurender, but they are completely different animals in so many ways. I use both, as well as just about every other platform available.

I'm currently using a W20 connected to a dCS Rossini (that's sending external word clock back to the W20 and running dual AES) as my reference. 

5 hours ago, Booster MPS said:

A question on back up compatibility.  I am backing up my Aurender via my Macbook Pro using Sync Folders Pro to an external pair of WD Hard Drives.  I have a cloud plan also but will save that for another day.  I first need to reformat the drive that will hold the clone.

What is the best format to use for the back up drive?  Should I reformat to Apple File System (APFS) or Mac OS Extended.  I think the right answer is the former.  Just want to make sure that there is no compatibility issue.  Thanks!

You may want to go with a more universal format such as exfat. This way if you had to connect the drive directly to a non-Apple device to restore content you shouldn’t have any issues. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
53 minutes ago, bmichels said:
I recently got a very strange message visible on the on the left display of my Aurender W20 (NOT in the iPAD, on the Aurender’s display itself).   A « computer like » message right in the display of my Aurender ! looks strange !

See attached shoot of the display.

- Can you tell what this mean ?  what should I do ? 

- Sometime, I need to reboot the Aurender to have it find by my iPad’s Conductor App !  Sometime I have noise in the sound, and I need to turn OF/ON the DAC, which is connected via USB to the Aurender, to get rid of this noise.  Can this has something to do with the error message mentioned ? 

Thanks in advance for your suggestions,
Bertrand MICHELS

Aurender W20 error message.jpg

Wow, never seen nor heard of this. 

@AriMargolis?

1 hour ago, sfseay said:

I have a W20 connected to a Debussy DAC and can’t get both AES lights to go on when playing DSD 64/128 files.  I have the Debussy DDP hardware version and firmware 2.30.  Tried two different sets of AES/EBU cables.  The W20 has two-wire mode enabled, but no double lights.  DCS said it should work.  I have a support request into Aurender. 

While playing 192 or 176.4 content?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, AriMargolis said:

@The Computer Audiophile Hmm...the pic from my last post doesn't seem to be showing up on mobile (iphone, chrome). @JimK were you viewing it on a mobile device or a desktop/laptop? Will try again here as an attachment, let me know if you're still not able to view it?

unnamed.jpg

Works now.