IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

**Correction from my above post.

Above features have loaded a few hours after I updated SW. Sorry if I caused any confusion.

I was listening to Miles Davis' Kind of Blue earlier and it read 88.2 on the front panel. Now it's just reads "HIFI". There is a difference in SQ though between the 2 albums.

Lyngdorf MP40..Aurender N200..Panasonic UB9000..SimAudio Titan MCH Amp..Emotiva BasX A4..KEF Ref 1 Meta..Dali Phantom IW..SVS Prime Elevation(4)..JL Audio F112..Shunyata Research Ztron Alpha HC/Digital..IsoAcoustics Gaia II, Orea Bronze..Billy Bags rack.

I like the update, as not only are you receiving full MQA there are non MQA albums streaming Hi-Rez.

Blue Tofu, Nils Lofgren's Keith don't go, and Annie Lennox's Nostalgia all show 176 Khz and sound great. The Stones Tattoo You shows 88.2 . Maybe I was not paying attention to this before. Can someone else confirm.

To me the App looks exactly the same. The A10 now has analog filter settings so if someone from Aurender can come on and enlighten us that would be great.

I have not been able to duplicate the resolutions again. They all now read HiFi

In the release notes AURENDER - Reference Music System

It mentions up sampling for the A10. I haven't been able to find that feature yet. Anybody else?

27x17x10 Golden Ratio room,EtherRegen>Melco N1A EX H60 server/streamer >T+A Dac 200>Coda CsIB > Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Townshend Podiums, Custom swarm sub system , Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR cable, Townshend F1 Fractal speaker cables  SoTM dBl7 Ethernet cable, Puritan 156, Farad 3 LPS,  Synergistic, Audience,and Triode wire labs power cabling ,Stillpoints, SR fuses,GIK Slatfusors

Assuming what was communicated to dealers today is accurate, we could see this as soon as next week.

As anticipated the updated system software is available on the Aurender website:

AURENDER - Reference Music System

Be sure to check the Conductor app on your iPad is up to date, too.

I updated both early this morning at home and will be doing the same here at work on the A10 and N10.

And yeah, they are aware not everybody likes the brown theme of the app. I happen to really like the brown but suppose some would prefer grey or blue.

Brian Walsh

Analog Expert / Showroom Manager

Music Direct

@Aurender if you are reading this thread:

Since my main interest isn't Tidal, MQA or any other streaming service, the new release didn't bring much to me. Quite dissappointing to be honest :(.

I would like to know when something substantial will be improved for us who are using the solution mainly as a server!?

CD/SACD: Krell Evolution 505, Vinyl: Spiral Groove 1.2/Spiral Groove Centroid/Clearaudio Stradivari V2, Phono Stage: Audio Reseach Reference Phono 2, Music Servers/Streamers: Aurender S10/Intel Nuc with Roon Rock, DAC: PS Audio Direct Stream DAC w. Bridge II, Preamp: Audio Reseach Reference 5 SE, Poweramp: Audio Research Reference 75, Speakers: Wilson Audio Sophia II

IMG_1488303001.852789.jpg

I was geeked. Still can't figure it out.

IMG_1488302958.997409.jpg

IMG_1488302978.500789.jpg

27x17x10 Golden Ratio room,EtherRegen>Melco N1A EX H60 server/streamer >T+A Dac 200>Coda CsIB > Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Townshend Podiums, Custom swarm sub system , Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR cable, Townshend F1 Fractal speaker cables  SoTM dBl7 Ethernet cable, Puritan 156, Farad 3 LPS,  Synergistic, Audience,and Triode wire labs power cabling ,Stillpoints, SR fuses,GIK Slatfusors

got home and saw the IOS update: started up the A10 and it keeps changing tracks

I thought it crashed

but now I think it is set on MQA only, so it keeps changing tracks and only stopping on MQA tracks: I have not figured out how to fix that

I now see MQA and the blue light on the IOS app by the album cover

Hey all,

Long time lurker here , that's why I now own the A-10 for the last two months - An impressive piece with all it brought to my system(s) presentation , very satisfying !

Mark - I too am having the same symptom you describe - If that is helpful ; We'll just have to be patient , I guess , for this bug to be worked out .

I believe there has already been a further update, which then included this glitch .

And thanks guys for each of your informative posts .

BTW - Very nice micro details, fuller fleshed out and smoother presentation w/MQA sourced software , here !

MG-3.7i < Parasound A-21 < ARC tube preamp LS-17se < Aurender A-10

here is the response I got from Aurender customer support (which is excellent):

Hello Mark,

I’m sorry to hear you are having this issue. Have you tried clearing the playback queue before playing new content back?

Also, what is the source of the content (i.e. local content stored on the hard disk, or streaming)?

You may want to try a restart of the unit and also a fresh install of the App (delete and reinstall the App on the iPad).

Best Regards,

Jesse

I will try this and report back

I updated my N10's system software, and there's one change I don't like.

That is, with the second line of tabs in the Conductor software, the ones each person can customize, there's now a new tab named, in all caps, STREAMING. That tab is immediately to the right of the "All" tab.

Two problems with that, for me:

(1) I don't stream. All my music is on the N10's internal drives.

(2) That new tab has now pushed out my previous last alphabetical tab, which I had named "World".

Now the actual music that was under the World tab is still there, but now it's under the Aurender-defined "Misc." tab.

I see nothing in the Conductor app settings that allows me to change which tabs are shown. And that lack of control is the same in both the newest version of that app and in the previous version.

Any suggestions for fixing this annoyance?

Dave

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Music is love, made audible.

I like the update, as not only are you receiving full MQA there are non MQA albums streaming Hi-Rez.

Blue Tofu, Nils Lofgren's Keith don't go, and Annie Lennox's Nostalgia all show 176 Khz and sound great. The Stones Tattoo You shows 88.2 . Maybe I was not paying attention to this before. Can someone else confirm.

To me the App looks exactly the same. The A10 now has analog filter settings so if someone from Aurender can come on and enlighten us that would be great.

Hi, are these also MQA titles.

I don't see any double albums for these titles.

Thanks

Hi, are these also MQA titles.

I don't see any double albums for these titles.

Thanks

These were not MQA titles. As you can see from the posted pics they showed 176Khz. Today they only show Tidal streaming.

Loving the MQA files though.

Little more info. Password Aurender. This area is password protected [401]

And this talks about upsampling. http://support.aurender.com/a10---new-features---eng---updated.html. Looks like it may not be enabled yet in the A10

Wish Chris or someone from Aurender would jump in here and explain what the filters do and when the Upsampling feature may be enabled.

Per Aurender support , the Upsampling feature is no longer in the mix.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

Thanks for the information.

I have read Achimagos blog which suggest that with the brooklyn da with full MQA, he was not really able to hear much difference with software and hard decoding.

Just wanted a users 1st hand impression from the A10 with 24bit 44/48 listening notes prior to the release of the full MQA decoding software and update.

Not reviews but just the personal feelings from the same tracks on MQA now fully decoded.

Thanks again

That is, with the second line of tabs in the Conductor software, the ones each person can customize, there's now a new tab named, in all caps, STREAMING. That tab is immediately to the right of the "All" tab.

Two problems with that, for me:

(1) I don't stream. All my music is on the N10's internal drives.

(2) That new tab has now pushed out my previous last alphabetical tab, which I had named "World".

Now the actual music that was under the World tab is still there, but now it's under the Aurender-defined "Misc." tab.

I see nothing in the Conductor app settings that allows me to change which tabs are shown. And that lack of control is the same in both the newest version of that app and in the previous version.

Any suggestions for fixing this annoyance?

It's actually possible to scroll the tab-strip allowing you to see all tabs. In my case, the two right-most tabs was "hidden" in the new version, but I could find them again by click/hold on the strip and scroll to the right. Still this is a step back and makes is more complicated since it's not obvious that you can scroll.

I also find it very strange to give the STREAMING tab such a focused position. It's also totally wrong to show the tab even when no streaming service is configured/in use! It feels like Aurender is moving in the direction where almost all development focus is on streaming services and not a high-end server platform to replace your CD/SACD-library...

CD/SACD: Krell Evolution 505, Vinyl: Spiral Groove 1.2/Spiral Groove Centroid/Clearaudio Stradivari V2, Phono Stage: Audio Reseach Reference Phono 2, Music Servers/Streamers: Aurender S10/Intel Nuc with Roon Rock, DAC: PS Audio Direct Stream DAC w. Bridge II, Preamp: Audio Reseach Reference 5 SE, Poweramp: Audio Research Reference 75, Speakers: Wilson Audio Sophia II

It's actually possible to scroll the tab-strip allowing you to see all tabs. In my case, the two right-most tabs was "hidden" in the new version, but I could find them again by click/hold on the strip and scroll to the right. Still this is a step back and makes is more complicated since it's not obvious that you can scroll.

Thanks. And yes, I've been scrolling the tab strip all along. But the N10 allows only 11 custom-named tabs, and the arrival of this STREAMING tab (all caps? so loud!) pushed off my last tab, last in alphabetical order, which I had named "World."

I also find it very strange to give the STREAMING tab such a focused position. It's also totally wrong to show the tab even when no streaming service is configured/in use! It feels like Aurender is moving in the direction where almost all development focus is on streaming services and not a high-end server platform to replace your CD/SACD-library...

I will write to Aurender with some simple suggestions for the next version of the system software:

* Under Settings > Streaming, give us an option to show the tab or not.

* And either make the tab say just "Streaming" (not obnoxious ALL CAPS) or give users the further option of case.

* And perhaps one more option: the placement of the "Streaming" tab in the row.

Dave, who is still delighted with the N10's sound going into a Chord DAVE so in the end this is a small annoyance but an annoyance nevertheless

Music is love, made audible.

Thanks. And yes, I've been scrolling the tab strip all along. But the N10 allows only 11 custom-named tabs, and the arrival of this STREAMING tab (all caps? so loud!) pushed off my last tab, last in alphabetical order, which I had named "World."

Oh, I wasn't aware that this has been available earlier - I thought the tab-scroling was a new "feature"!

Please let me/us know what they think about your request (or should I say bug). I haven't been very successful in getting my requests implemented, so good luck! ;)

Hi all.

I've just finished listenining to my new Aurender N100H and want to share my feelings. Few hours of relaxed listening after initial setup. Wow, even out of the box (not burned in yet, played just few hours) sounds great!Overall setup, including transfer of my entire FLAC library into internal hdd, took me only 2 hours. Everything was easy and quick.I will wait with definitive conclusion after proper burn in, but i can tell right now it is big step forward comparing to Auralic Aries. More relaxed, liquid, more opened sound , wider soundstage. Conductor app works. Even i still think its ugly.

Now i have few questions:

1 - do you recommend to turn off unit when not in use (via Conductor app or front panel button), or is it recommended to leave it always on (stand by mode)? Not talking about back panel power switch, ofcourse.

2 - what does it mean when there is "HDD" icon blinking on top left corner of N100H screen. It seems to be randomly blinking during playback. I'm going to use N100H exclusively with playback from internal HDD. Is this behaviour normal?

3 - how do i know, what music is alredy cached on SSD? Is there any indicator to this status?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33580[/ATTACH]

1. I normally leave mine in standby. We don't lose power often and with a recent upgrade the system reboots nicely if power is lost.

2. The blinking icon means that the song is loading to the hard disk.

3. If the icon is not blinking, the song is loaded. Does it prefetch? I am not sure.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

I have tried out the "Add to My Library" feature, and have been successful in transferring Tidal albums to my library, but the album art seems to get lost in the process.

Has anyone had any luck with this?

Rick

Ayre MX-R  Focal Diablo Utopia III  REL S/2 (x2)  emm Labs PRE2, DAC2X  Aurender N10  Shunyata Triton/Typhon, Zitron Python, Zitron Alpha HC, Zitron Alpha Digital and Zitron Alpha Analog PC's  Siltech Royal Signature Prince SC's, Royal Signature Princess IC's, Royal Signature Golden Ridge II AES/EBU  Quadraspire Q4L Rack