IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

Chris would have a better handle on that. I hear end of the month from Aurender support.

27x17x10 Golden Ratio room,EtherRegen>Melco N1A EX H60 server/streamer >T+A Dac 200>Coda CsIB > Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Townshend Podiums, Custom swarm sub system , Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR cable, Townshend F1 Fractal speaker cables  SoTM dBl7 Ethernet cable, Puritan 156, Farad 3 LPS,  Synergistic, Audience,and Triode wire labs power cabling ,Stillpoints, SR fuses,GIK Slatfusors

I just stumbled across this tutorial the Chris put out awhile ago for the Aurender Conductor app. Nice overview!!. Found a few tips I was not aware of. Thanks Chris

Good find.

Thanks Russ. Any news on the new version of the app or the new firmware?

Yes, please Aurender. First thing that came to mind when I saw the aurender app was the why the brown color. :)

Lyngdorf MP40..Aurender N200..Panasonic UB9000..SimAudio Titan MCH Amp..Emotiva BasX A4..KEF Ref 1 Meta..Dali Phantom IW..SVS Prime Elevation(4)..JL Audio F112..Shunyata Research Ztron Alpha HC/Digital..IsoAcoustics Gaia II, Orea Bronze..Billy Bags rack.

I'm new to this forum and had a minor question.

I own an Aurender N100H and it connects to my McIntosh MAC6700 integrated amp via USB. I love my Aurender N100H and the control app is just so robust & reliable!

I noticed that sometimes when I interrupt a song via my iPad, the sound will stop and I need to power cycle my integrated amp. Any ideas?

I'm new to this forum and had a minor question.

I own an Aurender N100H and it connects to my McIntosh MAC6700 integrated amp via USB. I love my Aurender N100H and the control app is just so robust & reliable!

I noticed that sometimes when I interrupt a song via my iPad, the sound will stop and I need to power cycle my integrated amp. Any ideas?

Welcome to the forum!!

What type of files does it happen with?

Streaming or playing from the HD or Nas?

Try swapping USB cords?

Try reloading the Conductor app.

Let us know and we will try to help. You can also launch the help from the Conductor app and it will create a inquiry from Aurender.

Good luck!!

27x17x10 Golden Ratio room,EtherRegen>Melco N1A EX H60 server/streamer >T+A Dac 200>Coda CsIB > Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Townshend Podiums, Custom swarm sub system , Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR cable, Townshend F1 Fractal speaker cables  SoTM dBl7 Ethernet cable, Puritan 156, Farad 3 LPS,  Synergistic, Audience,and Triode wire labs power cabling ,Stillpoints, SR fuses,GIK Slatfusors

Welcome to the forum!!

What type of files does it happen with?

Streaming or playing from the HD or Nas?

Try swapping USB cords?

Try reloading the Conductor app.

Let us know and we will try to help. You can also launch the help from the Conductor app and it will create a inquiry from Aurender.

Good luck!!

All my music has been ripped to FLAC music files and is being played via the internal drive of my N100H.

This happens when I accidentally interrupt a file that is playing by either accidentally hitting Clear or by accidentally deleting it from the playlist while it's playing (fat fingers...).

When this happens, the next file is "playing" according to the front display & the Conductor app but I get no sound.

My USB cable is from Crystal Cable & I never had any issues with it when I use to own the Bryston BDP-2 streamer.

Next time it should happen, I try reloading the Controller app and see if that resolves the issue.

If I create a playlist and let it be or don't accidentally do something wrong, I don't have any issues.

BTW, what improvements (if any) can I expect if I were to upgrade my N100H with an A10 model? The A10 model would connect via a balanced (XLR) analog audio connection instead of USB.

What are your thoughts on buying a second hand S10?

There are quiet a few on the second hand market as you can imagine.

I assume many upgrade to the newer N10.

Perhaps a meaningful comparison would be an S10 against an N100H.

Brian Walsh

Analog Expert / Showroom Manager

Music Direct

All my music has been ripped to FLAC music files and is being played via the internal drive of my N100H.

BTW, what improvements (if any) can I expect if I were to upgrade my N100H with an A10 model? The A10 model would connect via a balanced (XLR) analog audio connection instead of USB.

Two different beasts... The A10 has a dac and a real good one. Also has a pre so a volume control. Outputs are XLR and RCA. Also the HDD is 4tb.

So, right now I use the RCA outputs to an external pre in the 2 channel set up and use the balanced XLR outputs to my Woo WA22 in my headphone set up. I could use the A10 direct to my power amp in the 2ch. but I prefer the sound with the external pre.

Never had the 100H but had the X100L which is pretty similar as of functionalities. Not the same at all. Server and streamer period. The A10 is more the all-in-one type: server/streamer/pre/dac.

2 ch: Aurender N100H, Bryston BDA3, Audio-Research LS25 Mk 2, Chord SMP1050, Dynaudio C1 Signature, Siltech 330i interconnects/330L speaker cables, all Furutech Alpha 3 AC cables, dedicated power lines with Furutech GTX-Gold receptacles, DIY stand. HP: (Aurender N100H/Bryston BDA3 sources), Phonitor X, Audeze LCD-X, AKG812, AKG3003

Hi all,

Is there anybody having any experience using the Aurender N100h with Lyngdorf TDAI 2170 digital amp?

Synergistic Research Powercell 12UEF > Innuos PhoenixNET > Aurender N100H > Innuos PhoenixUSB > Ferrum audio Wandla + Hypsos DAC > Simaudio Moon 600i / Gato Audio DIA400S > Dynaudio C1 speakers > Siltech, Shunyata & Stealth cabling

Hi from a newbie on this forum!

I've had my S10 for a couple of years now and must admit that as much as I love the sound, I'm really annoyed with the user experience. Coming from the Squeeze Transporter/iPeng-world where I had full control over metadata and how my music was sorted and presented, I had hoped for much more from the Aurender.

A couple of years ago I had some email conversation with the Aurender team asking for such basic stuff as support for ARTISTSORT-tag, and was "promised" that it was on the wishlist and might be implemented in future versions of the App, but since then nothing has happened. I have also asked for some kind of product roadmap, information about how they prioritize what goes in the app, but everything has been met with silence... Comparing Aurender with Roon with respect to openness, community/forum etc is a joke - it seems like all focus is on the boxes!

I really hope that since Aurender have no plans working with Roon, someone instead "jailbreak" the Aurender, allowing us to install Roon server/endpoint - in my world that would be ideal. Perfect audio grade, great sounding hardware with a top-notch user experience, but I guess that will never happen...

If the new App-version that seems to be in the pipe according to earlier replies in this thread doesn't make a huge step forward compared to the current, dated one, I will most likely replace my S10 with something Roon-based. If I want top sound quality, I can always play vinyl :)

CD/SACD: Krell Evolution 505, Vinyl: Spiral Groove 1.2/Spiral Groove Centroid/Clearaudio Stradivari V2, Phono Stage: Audio Reseach Reference Phono 2, Music Servers/Streamers: Aurender S10/Intel Nuc with Roon Rock, DAC: PS Audio Direct Stream DAC w. Bridge II, Preamp: Audio Reseach Reference 5 SE, Poweramp: Audio Research Reference 75, Speakers: Wilson Audio Sophia II

Hi from a newbie on this forum! I've had my S10 for a couple of years now and must admit that as much as I love the sound, I'm really annoyed with the user experience. Coming from the Squeeze Transporter/iPeng-world where I had full control over metadata and how my music was sorted and presented, I had hoped for much more from the Aurender.

...yes. And yet, Aurender should look around for some better UI out there. If they are unable to design some good new UI, why don't they copy it then? Far east companies have never had problem with that. For example, look at Auralic's Lightninh DS soft. Such a clean, modern and fresh GUI, easy to use...

Aurender old fashioned brownish look is years behind (not talking about functionality, just terrible, out of date graphic design)...

Synergistic Research Powercell 12UEF > Innuos PhoenixNET > Aurender N100H > Innuos PhoenixUSB > Ferrum audio Wandla + Hypsos DAC > Simaudio Moon 600i / Gato Audio DIA400S > Dynaudio C1 speakers > Siltech, Shunyata & Stealth cabling

Hi from a newbie on this forum!

I've had my S10 for a couple of years now and must admit that as much as I love the sound, I'm really annoyed with the user experience. Coming from the Squeeze Transporter/iPeng-world where I had full control over metadata and how my music was sorted and presented, I had hoped for much more from the Aurender.

A couple of years ago I had some email conversation with the Aurender team asking for such basic stuff as support for ARTISTSORT-tag, and was "promised" that it was on the wishlist and might be implemented in future versions of the App, but since then nothing has happened. I have also asked for some kind of product roadmap, information about how they prioritize what goes in the app, but everything has been met with silence... Comparing Aurender with Roon with respect to openness, community/forum etc is a joke - it seems like all focus is on the boxes!

I really hope that since Aurender have no plans working with Roon, someone instead "jailbreak" the Aurender, allowing us to install Roon server/endpoint - in my world that would be ideal. Perfect audio grade, great sounding hardware with a top-notch user experience, but I guess that will never happen...

If the new App-version that seems to be in the pipe according to earlier replies in this thread doesn't make a huge step forward compared to the current, dated one, I will most likely replace my S10 with something Roon-based. If I want top sound quality, I can always play vinyl :)

I fully agree with your opinion that it's really time for Aurender to bring us a large update of their UI. They used to be the king in that area, but I do feel they're losing ground and have hardly added any substantial functionality over the last few years, whereas Roon changed the server UI world in a short period of time.

I also agree on your remark on vinyl! [emoji4] Regardless of the very significant upgrades I have made in the digital area over the last years my trusted LP12 is still the best source in my system. Strange but true.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Computer Audiophile mobile app

...yes. And yet, Aurender should look around for some better UI out there. If they are unable to design some good new UI, why don't they copy it then? Far east companies have never had problem with that. For example, look at Auralic's Lightninh DS soft. Such a clean, modern and fresh GUI, easy to use...

Aurender old fashioned brownish look is years behind (not talking about functionality, just terrible, out of date graphic design)...

Hi Koso,

Are you using an Aurender? Looks from your sig you maybe using an Aries. Maybe if you had an Aurender you wouldn't be worried about the brown background app and you would be enjoying the superior ( compared to the Aries) sound quality of the Aurender. Trust me I am a former Aries owner.

The Aurender is about as easy to use as it gets, The Tidal integration works flawless. The Wiki info gives you a lot of info on the artist and album, including hyper links.

Aurender certainly does not move fast. They want to make sure when they release the software it will perform as expected. Their customer support has always been exemplary.

Great company and great products!!

I fully agree with your opinion that it's really time for Aurender to bring us a large update of their UI. They used to be the king in that area, but I do feel they're losing ground and have hardly added any substantial functionality over the last few years, whereas Roon changed the server UI world in a short period of time.

I also agree on your remark on vinyl! [emoji4] Regardless of the very significant upgrades I have made in the digital area over the last years my trusted LP12 is still the best source in my system. Strange but true.

Isn't that we are striving for is our digital side to sound like vinyl?. Adding tubes with good products like the Aurenders are getting us closer all the time. I love putting on 24-192 album rips and getting a little surface noise and ticks, just like playing the album. My audio buds come over and we can play whole or parts of a 100 songs during a session. Can't do that with vinyl.

Hi russellbobby,

yes, i am Auralic Aries user. For last few days. I've just purchased Aurender N100H, in few days will be in my system...

Ofcourse, sound quality, as well as built quality and design was the reason. In fact, the only thing i dont consider as upgrade is design of an app. Again, not talking about function or stability etc. As a designer, I really dont like overall look and feel of this app. Auralic did great job in designing their Lighting DS. Thats it.

Anyway, thanks for reassurance about oncoming quality compared to Aries:-)

Isn't that we are striving for is our digital side to sound like vinyl?. Adding tubes with good products like the Aurenders are getting us closer all the time. I love putting on 24-192 album rips and getting a little surface noise and ticks, just like playing the album. My audio buds come over and we can play whole or parts of a 100 songs during a session. Can't do that with vinyl.

Yes, I fully agree; vinyl rips are fun to make and they do sound great in HD. I regularly record my most favourite vinyl records to DSD, which sounds fantastic. And doing so also prevents record and stylus wear. Anyway, I'm off topic. [emoji6]

By the way, I do love the SQ of my N10. I just think the UI needs an upgrade..

Hi russellbobby,

yes, i am Auralic Aries user. For last few days. I've just purchased Aurender N100H, in few days will be in my system...

Ofcourse, sound quality, as well as built quality and design was the reason. In fact, the only thing i dont consider as upgrade is design of an app. Again, not talking about function or stability etc. As a designer, I really dont like overall look and feel of this app. Auralic did great job in designing their Lighting DS. Thats it.

Anyway, thanks for reassurance about oncoming quality compared to Aries:-)

Hi Koso,

Sorry about being off the cuff. I am sure you have played with an Aurender before purchasing. The Aurender's soundstage is very far back compared to the Aires "forward" sound.

Hope you have great synergy with your Pre-Dac. It may take a little getting used too.

The Aurender is about as easy to use as it gets

I definitely don't agree. I want to have my albums sorted by artist last name while presented in the UI with first name and last name - I can't. Within an artist, I want my albums sorted by release year - I can't. I want to be able to manage groups of albums like box sets - I can't. I want to be able to use custom tags for filtering and sorting - I can't. I could go on for ever, but my point is that the conductor app is NOT as easy as it gets. When you have a large collection (in my case 5000+ albums in various genres) you need a lot more flexibility and possibilities than what's available today.

CD/SACD: Krell Evolution 505, Vinyl: Spiral Groove 1.2/Spiral Groove Centroid/Clearaudio Stradivari V2, Phono Stage: Audio Reseach Reference Phono 2, Music Servers/Streamers: Aurender S10/Intel Nuc with Roon Rock, DAC: PS Audio Direct Stream DAC w. Bridge II, Preamp: Audio Reseach Reference 5 SE, Poweramp: Audio Research Reference 75, Speakers: Wilson Audio Sophia II

I definitely don't agree. I want to have my albums sorted by artist last name while presented in the UI with first name and last name - I can't. Within an artist, I want my albums sorted by release year - I can't. I want to be able to manage groups of albums like box sets - I can't. I want to be able to use custom tags for filtering and sorting - I can't. I could go on for ever, but my point is that the conductor app is NOT as easy as it gets. When you have a large collection (in my case 5000+ albums in various genres) you need a lot more flexibility and possibilities than what's available today.

I'm putting together my yearly list of improvements for the Aurender app. I have had great success in passing ideas on and find Aurender eager to interact. I'd be happy to add yours as you are looking for a way that is not typical for myself. Not to say it's wrong probably many experience their tracks how you do. For myself I have created a playlist artist by artist sifting out the normally few tracks within an album in some cases only one track that I like. From this list I tag the best of the best with 5star and then sort and create a 5 star playlist. I just like the idea of letting it run knowing that the next track is great from my main list without knowing what is coming and outstanding in the 5 star playlist. Now in your case you and probably many others want more interaction with your albums to create playlists on the fly. Sounds interesting. If interested send me a list of your 5 most wants and I will add to the list.

2 Channel: Bricasti M20, 21 & M28 SE /Aurender N30SA and MC10 Master clock Treatments: Acoustical panels(F, S & R walls) Misc.: SR Master Fuses

Speakers: Martin Logan CLX ART (Dark Cherry) w/30# weights / 2-ML 212's 

Grounding: QKore 1&6 / Networking: SOtM switch, clock and Pwr Supply / AQ Diamond /SR Router Power: Furutech GTX-DNCF / Oyaide inwall  wire

Nordost: 2-QB8 III, QV2's, QK1's, QSine, QWave, QX4, TC Kones, Sort Fut & LIft / Full OG Loom / 3-QSource & 12-QPoints, QNet, V2 Network

Misc.: iPad 6 /Custom Rack  Media Rm: ML: 13A's, 2-Descent i's, 6- Vanquish, Focus / 3-Parasound A23 / Legacy iV-3 Ultra / 77" LG 4k OLED / Anthem AVM90 / Pioneer Elite DVD Nordost: Odin/T2/H2, BC Kones, H2 Network, V2 HDMI

Yea I guess it is all what we are used to. If you are coming from Roon or a JRiver it may seem a little antiquated. Coming from loading CD's its like sliced bread.

I still bet if I ask you to search for a file you have, it may take you all of 5 seconds to find it :)

I'm putting together my yearly list of improvements for the Aurender app. I have had great success in passing ideas on and find Aurender eager to interact. I'd be happy to add yours as you are looking for a way that is not typical for myself. Not to say it's wrong probably many experience their tracks how you do. For myself I have created a playlist artist by artist sifting out the normally few tracks within an album in some cases only one track that I like. From this list I tag the best of the best with 5star and then sort and create a 5 star playlist. I just like the idea of letting it run knowing that the next track is great from my main list without knowing what is coming and outstanding in the 5 star playlist. Now in your case you and probably many others want more interaction with your albums to create playlists on the fly. Sounds interesting. If interested send me a list of your 5 most wants and I will add to the list.

I'm album guy almost always listen to complete albums with all good and not so good tracks. Reason is that I think that is the way the artist wanted me to listen to their music and of course that's how I do it when listening to a CD or an LP.

I'll be happy to send you my requests, but it disturbs me a bit if that really would make a difference. What makes me more important than other users? Why not instead create a transparent process for request management with voting capabilities connected to an open community? That way, all users that want to make their voice heard have a channel and Aurender can point at this and motivate why they implement A and B but not C.

Yea I guess it is all what we are used to. If you are coming from Roon or a JRiver it may seem a little antiquated. Coming from loading CD's its like sliced bread.

I still bet if I ask you to search for a file you have, it may take you all of 5 seconds to find it :)

Sure, I can find what I want, but it's not that easy to find the second or third album by Eagles since they are sorted by album title after artist. Personally, I came from iTunes and Slim/iPeng before my current Aurender, and both solutions allowed me to have custom tags for both artistsort and albumsort and therefore I felt is was a huge step backwards being forced to use what sorting Aurender decides. I'm not saying that everyone should do it the way I do, but I'm lacking the flexibility to do it the way I want.

Agree, too! I just don't get it why Aurender misses out on a great opportunity to include Roon into their app. It would make things so much simpler. Particularly, since soundwise, everything else is really great! I so much like the way my music sounds when played through my N100H! Great stuff could become much better! I do hope Aurender makes a leap forward!

...best way to improve UI is listening to customers and considering posibilities how to implement certain ideas into your product.

If i were Aurender designer i would join this forum and carefully read every post. For example Mr. Wang Xuanqian,CEO of Auralic, is active member here on Computer Audiophile forum (Auralic related thread). That is good message for customers, in my opinion.